GabesCavesOfIce

My Favorite Rush Album playoff, opening round  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite between, Hold Your Fire vs Snakes and Arrows

• Hold Your Fire
    • Snakes and Arrows
  2. 2. Vote for your favorite between Roll the Bones vs Presto

3. 3. Vote for your favorite between Signals vs. Test for Echo

Members who hated FOL was voted first in the 168 song list,  your chance to vote against the album it was released on is upcoming in the Round of 16...

Welcome to the My Favorite Rush Album playoff vote. Each round, albums will be matched based on ranking, with the album receiving more votes moving onto the next round.

The initial play in round features the lowest six seeded albums battling for the 14 thru 16 seeds (since there are 19 albums and 16 available seeds in the round of 16). The 3 winners move into the Round of 16 along with the highest 13 seeded Rush albums.

Votes will last approximately 4-7 days and a minimum 24 hour notice will be posted before poll closing.

Three matches at this time-

Seeds 16 vs 17, Hold Your Fire vs Snakes n Arrows

15 vs 18, Roll the Bones vs Presto

14 vs 19, Signals vs Test for Echo

Snakes

Roll The Bones

Signals.

I was thrilled that tFOL was #1 in the other thread. Therefore, I didn't have to vote.

Good idea but just one question, how are the album match ups decided for the opening round?

Ranks were based on each albums top four song performers (since each album has a minimum of four songs) on the 168 song list. For example, AFTK, Cygnus went 4th, Cind Man 6 , Xanadu 9th and FTK 18, the FYK album score is 37 ( Sum of 4,6,9,18), which is the second lowest score, so FTK is ranked 2. Albums that did not place four songs in the top 83 are ranked at the bottom based on the songs that were ranked and 85 for "unranked" songs (albums with fewer than four songs in top 85)

This provided a 1-19 rating for each album. Since there are only 16 spots in the next "round of16" the lowest six are playing each other for the last three spots.

• Like 1

Snakes (tough call)

Presto (wins overall since RTB is so uneven IMO.)

Signals (Full on domination)

I was very surprised Signals perfomed "so low" on the168 song list. Easy win here. Poor t4e, tough draw!

Snakes (tough call)

I was very surprised Signals perfomed "so low" on the168 song list. Easy win here. Poor t4e, tough draw!

Signals is the low seed that should go far unless it's next matchup is against a universally loved powerhouse album.

Sad to see that that HYF, Presto and S&A might make early exits though.

S&A is so underrated it seems.

Didn't we already do this a long time ago?

As for that silly list in the Rush subforum, it was doomed from #1.

Sure, we've done best album polls a bunch on here.

But this one is adding a new twist to it by what the OP is doing in order to get the album matchups. So it's a fresh take on an old concept.

Snakes (tough call)

I have a hard time personally ranking individual songs off of Signals...basically separating great from great.

It was "doomed" no matter what, but I had fun with it.

But this one is adding a new twist to it by what the OP is doing in order to get the album matchups. So it's a fresh take on an old concept.

Have a good time! :cheers:

I recall in the months leading up to R40, toscanobarga did a great one where we voted off an album each round. We had great debates, 70s vs 80s etc.

A lot of bands do not have such diverse sounds in different eras, makes for intetesting discussion

Soon after that, polls were relegated off the main page and feedback gets so little traffic and the polls tend to go on for years.

What I like about this format is its about matchups. Who wins this time might be very different if its done again with different matchups

Snakes (tough call)

Signals is the low seed that should go far unless it's next matchup is against a universally loved powerhouse album.

Sad to see that that HYF, Presto and S&A might make early exits though.

S&A is so underrated it seems.

At first I was going to re seed each round, like hockey used to do. But brackets like the NCAA would really help out Signals in a big way.

I recall in the months leading up to R40, toscanobarga did a great one where we voted off an album each round. We had great debates, 70s vs 80s etc.

A lot of bands do not have such diverse sounds in different eras, makes for intetesting discussion

Soon after that, polls were relegated off the main page and feedback gets so little traffic and the polls tend to go on for years.

What I like about this format is its about matchups. Who wins this time might be very different if its done again with different matchups

Polls were relegated here because certain folks complained about them. It's a shame I agree. We used to have lots of fun with them.

• Like 2

Polls were relegated here because certain folks complained about them. It's a shame I agree. We used to have lots of fun with them.

Weren't there a lot of pointless polls being created that caused the complaints/move? Maybe i'm remembering things wrong. At the time, the move made sense. This section is called 'Feedback' so of course polls should be here is what I thought.

But people just didn't notice the change taking place or like me, forget that this subforum even exists and just scroll by it without a second thought.

HYF, Presto, Signals

^ That.

Tough call for me between Roll the Bones and Presto- I like them both a lot. The other two were not difficult choices, though.