2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Oi!!!!!!

Hull City are set to beat Celtic to the signing of Reading and Wales defender Chris Gunter. Celtic were first alerted to the defender's availability due to his release clause of just £1.1m - a figure less than what Reading paid for him in 2012, believed to be around £2.5m. (The Sun)

I'd be happy with that, we need a right back with Odubajo being out for 6 months.

• Like 1

I would like to know if there was any England fans who was shocked by the teams performance in the Euro`s ?

Did they really think they had a chance of even getting to the semi`s ?

Do you think anything is going to change in the future ?

Any opinions on how to sort the mess the England team and the F.A. in .

I didn't expect much but......Iceland...............................................Iceland......

I think I'll be going against popular opinion a little bit but I'm actually happy with the appointment of Allardyce, I'll post some videos to show that he simply does not give an f...

http://youtu.be/KYgkR-yXDjo

• Like 2

Yes it was in the end.

Next round, it's off to Kazakhstan . 8000 miles round trip to play on another plastic pitch!!!

They should be banned.

Could've been a lot worse. BATE, APOEL, Salzburg, Copenhagen and, dare I say, Legia. ;)

Yes it was in the end.

Next round, it's off to Kazakhstan . 8000 miles round trip to play on another plastic pitch!!!

They should be banned.

Could've been a lot worse. BATE, APOEL, Salzburg, Copenhagen and, dare I say, Legia. ;)

Not so sure. This is a club bankrolled by a billionaire. They have some very good players,

and qualified for the group stages last season.

My biggest fear though is the heat.It can be murderous out there.

A good performance against Leicester on Saturday ( International Cup) will help greatly in terms

of confidence.

Steve Walsh has left Leicester to become Everton's director of football. It won't get mentioned much but I think this is terrible news for Leicester, this is the guy that picked out Vardy, Mahrez and Kante.
  • Like 1

Yep officially gone. Remember Derby in 2008? 11 points? We could beat that, soooo exciting!!

:o

That is a shocker !

Are you going to change your name again Brucey ? :eh:

Well .

After the crackin day out I had last week at Wigan with all the smiles upon the faces and scoring 2 goals

I had the day off work to watch

Man Utd v B. Dormund

Was`nt expecting much from the 1st half as it had that nightmare in boots Jones started and Memphis up front on his own

Kinda breaks my heart that these 2 are pro`s in the game as I`m sure as hell If I`d stayed clear of sex, drugs and rock n roll in my later teens as I`m sure as hell I could of been better than those 2 who get to wear the beloved shirt of a team I would crawl on all fours on hot rocks and paid Utd to play for the club..... :banghead:

Anyway

We lost 4 - 1 .

Early days .

Edited by By Tor

Yep officially gone. Remember Derby in 2008? 11 points? We could beat that, soooo exciting!!

:o

That is a shocker !

Are you going to change your name again Brucey ? :eh:

Well .

After the crackin day out I had last week at Wigan with all the smiles upon the faces and scoring 2 goals

I had the day off work to watch

Man Utd v B. Dormund

Was`nt expecting much from the 1st half as it had that nightmare in boots Jones started and Memphis up front on his own

Kinda breaks my heart that these 2 are pro`s in the game as I`m sure as hell If I`d stayed clear of sex, drugs and rock n roll in my later teens as I`m sure as hell I could of been better than those 2 who get to wear the beloved shirt of a team I would crawl on all fours on hot rocks and paid Utd to play for the club..... :banghead:

Anyway

We lost 4 - 1 .

Early days .

I'll keep the name just to avoid confusion with everyone here. I'm baffled by the situation with the club, the owners need to go away and sharpish.

As for Man Utd, I wouldn't worry about friendly performances personally. From the outside looking in, I think Mourinho is building a strong squad and will bring the glory days back to the club, at least for 2 seasons.

I don`t want to sound like a fuddy duddy but ..

I think this thread should be for the English League Football and of course our wonderful national team :eh:

Yet another attempt at "Perfect Isolation" , eh? ;)

I think this thread should be for the English League Football and of course our wonderful national team :eh:

Yet another attempt at "Perfect Isolation" , eh? ;)

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh I get it ;)

I feel your pain Brucey

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/36874200

I did say right at the start that we could discuss pretty much anything football related (including the San Marino league :P ), but most of the discussion has been Premier League/SPL dominated, so you'll be getting your wish, pretty much. :)

As for the link, I think Moyes is a very good appointment for them. I would certainly have taken him but Sunderland are a much more attractive prospect given that we have a transer budget of zilch!

Apparently Everton and Southampton are also interested. May the biggest wallet win!

I hear Leicester is offering 6.25 million pounds. That would set Cracovia for a decade. :LOL: Maybe even their hockey team could hope to get some crumbs.

I feel your pain Brucey

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/36874200

I did say right at the start that we could discuss pretty much anything football related (including the San Marino league :P ), but most of the discussion has been Premier League/SPL dominated, so you'll be getting your wish, pretty much. :)

As for the link, I think Moyes is a very good appointment for them. I would certainly have taken him but Sunderland are a much more attractive prospect given that we have a transer budget of zilch!

Fair Enough .

And Fair Enough .

I just thought that there would be a US Football thread on here with the mass majority of members from ...The US :unsure:

I always stick by the majority vote ;)

• Like 1

Cracovia goes down 3-2 on the road. Kapustka only played in the second half, when the team was already trailing by two. I know the club wants to make sure to cash in on his transfer and doesn't want to see him injured, but winning league matches is also important. :rage:
  • Like 1