2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

In the Champions league tonight, Juventus won in Lyon, Real Madrid thrashed Legia Warsaw 5-1, Spurs drew 0-0 against Leverkusen and Leicester got their third win in a row in this competition, 1-0 against Copenhagen. Unbelievable for them.

Juventus won a game grown difficult after Lemina was sent off at the beginning of second half and played the rest of the match in 10

Cuadrado scored the winning goal at 75' but Buffon was the (super) hero of the night: a penalty saved in the first half and two great saves in the second.

Last time the world saw that kind of miracles Lazarus walked out of his tomb.

Celtic lost 2-0 against Monchengladbach in disappointing fashion, it will be extremely difficult for them to get out of their group now. In the same group, Barcelona beat Man City 4-0 in a game that included three sendings off, a missed penalty and a Messi hat-trick

Elsewhere, Arsenal thrashed Ludogorets 6-0, with Mesut Ozil grabbing his first professional hat-trick.

If I were in Guardiola's shoes I'd start being a worried man: Man City seemed a football war machine but last weeks scores don't inspire a great confidence.

Is Ozil living his best Arsenal days?

If I were in Guardiola's shoes I'd start being a worried man: Man City seemed a football war machine but last weeks scores don't inspire a great confidence.

Is Ozil living his best Arsenal days?

He was the assist king last season but this season appears to have added goals to his game, really classy player. Arsenal always seem to fade away towards the end of a season, last year being particularly bad for them with Leicester winning the league, maybe this time they'll keep it up.

Latest FIFA rankings: 1) Argentina, 2) Germany, 3) Brazil, 4) Belgium, 5) Colombia, 6) Chile, 7) France, 8) Portugal, 9) Uruguay, 10) Spain, 11) Wales, 12) England, 13) Italy, 14) Switzerland, 15) Poland...

Wisla 2 Termalica 0 :) Malecki with a great cross and Ondresek's header makes it 1-0. Then Malecki falls to the ground in the penalty area and no.14 scores his second goal of the game. We're out of the relegation zone! :haz:
  • Like 1

Wisla 2 Termalica 0 :) Malecki with a great cross and Ondresek's header makes it 1-0. Then Malecki falls to the ground in the penalty area and no.14 scores his second goal of the game. We're out of the relegation zone! :haz:

Excellent news! I think we'll be dropping into the relegation zone tomorrow...

• Like 1

You might feel better knowing you'd be winning the Polish championship year after year after year after year... ;)
  • Like 1

Yep, things are looking gloomy.

Slask 2 Cracovia 2 Early goal for Wroclaw forced Krakow to chase the game throughout the night. When a second was conceded at the start of the last 45, all seemed lost. Fortunately, Colivo's header, and a very late penalty kick by Dabrowski levelled the score. It really should have been an away win for the good guys. Shots on goal: 11-2 in our favor, but I guess you're supposed to be happy with a point on the road, right?

Slask 2 Cracovia 2 Early goal for Wroclaw forced Krakow to chase the game throughout the night. When a second was conceded at the start of the last 45, all seemed lost. Fortunately, Colivo's header, and a very late penalty kick by Dabrowski levelled the score. It really should have been an away win for the good guys. Shots on goal: 11-2 in our favor, but I guess you're supposed to be happy with a point on the road, right?

I'll take a point anywhere right now.

• Like 1

Serie A: AC Milan -Juventus 1-0

After winning nine games in a row againts AC Milan in the last four seasons (including Italian Cup), saturday we faced a sudden impact.

We scored what seemed on TV replays a valid goal in the first half but the referee didn't grant it

Juventus didn't play a great match anyway; we are still leading the league but just playing at 60% and we better wake up.

After winning nine games in a row againts AC Milan in the last four seasons (including Italian Cup), saturday we faced a sudden impact.

We scored what seemed on TV replays a valid goal in the first half but the referee didn't grant it

Juventus didn't play a great match anyway; we are still leading the league but just playing at 60% and we better wake up.

Are you missing Pogba?

Are you missing Pogba?

It could be, but I'm surely missing a younger Andrea Pirlo. why the science community has not done anything for cloning him (and Pavel Nedved!) instead of wasting time with bloody sheeps?

• Like 1

Polish Cup. Lech 1 Wisla 1 :) Reliable Brozek starts the second half with a strike. Defending the lead the rest of the game cost us at the 78th minute mark. Overall, a good result ahead of the return leg in Krakow. :madra:

I'm back. Been away on family matters.

In that time, Celtic committed suicide against Gladbach, and made it through to the League cup final.

Dembele adamant that he wants to stay and work under Rodgers. Zidane no less, has advised him to do exactly that for at least another couple of seasons.

We shall see.

The other Dembele at the club has been called up to Scotland's under 16 squad despite being just 13. England have now taken him for a training session as they

try to snatch him from under our noses. No problem with that as the lad was actually born in London. The decision is his.

As long as no EPL club take him away then he can play for what ever country he wants. Our last "wonder kid" Islam Feruz, who was taken by Chelsea and disappeared into football

oblivion,has advised him not to head south,but stay where he is. Again, we shall see.

Celtic away to Ross County tonight. Could be tricky on their tight pitch but I still expect a victory.

RB Leipzig continue their remarkable run in the German league after cruising past Bremen.

I see Man City still have not got over the shock of not beating Celtic in the CPL ;) although I feel it's Pep's Man management

that is affecting their play. I did say he is very tough to work for. Compare that to Liverpool under Klopp.

• Like 2

I'm back. Been away on family matters.

In that time, Celtic committed suicide against Gladbach, and made it through to the League cup final.

Dembele adamant that he wants to stay and work under Rodgers. Zidane no less, has advised him to do exactly that for at least another couple of seasons.

We shall see.

The other Dembele at the club has been called up to Scotland's under 16 squad despite being just 13. England have now taken him for a training session as they

try to snatch him from under our noses. No problem with that as the lad was actually born in London. The decision is his.

As long as no EPL club take him away then he can play for what ever country he wants. Our last "wonder kid" Islam Feruz, who was taken by Chelsea and disappeared into football

oblivion,has advised him not to head south,but stay where he is. Again, we shall see.

Celtic away to Ross County tonight. Could be tricky on their tight pitch but I still expect a victory.

RB Leipzig continue their remarkable run in the German league after cruising past Bremen.

I see Man City still have not got over the shock of not beating Celtic in the CPL ;) although I feel it's Pep's Man management

that is affecting their play. I did say he is very tough to work for. Compare that to Liverpool under Klopp.

I was starting to get concerned! Glad to see you back. Islam Feruz, blimey, I remember a Chelsea fan I know raving about him not too long back, and as you say, he's just kind of disappeared! That seems to be a theme with Chelsea youngsters.

I noticed you beat rangers again with Dembele scoring his umpteenth goal of the season. I expect you to win that competition now.

Man City do seem to have hit a rocky patch, and most of the goals they are conceding seem to be coming from Pep's don't you dare ever hoof it philosophy. It'll be interesting to see if he can turn it round, this is almost new territory for him.

The mighty tigers have not been so mighty in the league recently, falling into the relegation zone after a lacklustre defeat against Stoke. However, we did make the quarter finals of the league cup last night. I await the draw tonight with interest.

Edited by Brucey
  • Like 1