2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Hull's cup game is at Stoke tomorrow evening, our recent record there isn't amazing, but Dean Windass will have made himself a pub quiz answer with this incident in 2008 -

He got booked for doing that again later on in the game, you can't do whatever you want just because you're not actually on the pitch!

Celtic finally put little Alloa to the sword, beating them 2-0 with late goals from

Forrest and Dembele. Good to see Gordon back in goal tonight.

Excellent comeback victory tonight for Hull, beating Stoke 2-1 away from home.

They have been rewarded with a cheeky away tie against Bristol City. That looks good

for further progression.

Brucey,

Considering you still have a relatively small squad, are the fans happy to have these extra games outside the EPL matches?

Other countries outside the UK don't bother with a league Cup at all. 1 domestic Cup is the norm.

• Like 1

Celtic finally put little Alloa to the sword, beating them 2-0 with late goals from

Forrest and Dembele. Good to see Gordon back in goal tonight.

Excellent comeback victory tonight for Hull, beating Stoke 2-1 away from home.

They have been rewarded with a cheeky away tie against Bristol City. That looks good

for further progression.

Brucey,

Considering you still have a relatively small squad, are the fans happy to have these extra games outside the EPL matches?

Other countries outside the UK don't bother with a league Cup at all. 1 domestic Cup is the norm.

I think most of us want a cup run, it's risky, but the "big" clubs don't tend to take the competition seriously, depending on who they're drawn against, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a club our size can do well in this competition.

• Like 1

Draw has just been made for the semis in the Scottish League Cup.

Aberdeen v Morton

Celtic v "Them"

Oh well, I have nothing against giving them yet another hammering so soon after the last one.

Both matches will be played at Hampden Park.

Edited by foghorn-leghorn

The Arsenal v Chelsea game is a tough one to predict. Chelsea have had the better of them in recent seasons, but Arsenal on home soil are capable of dismantling the very best. Both sides are scoring a lot and conceding a lot.

I think it'll be entertaining, 2-2

• Like 1

I think Celtic will give them another beating!

Me too. We play Gladbach midweek, but the players fitness is excellent. Gordon must be in goal though.

A Celtic Aberdeen final will be a good match.

Aberdeen fans have announced they will be having a round of applause when they play rangers at the weekend to welcome them

to their first season in the Premiership :LOL:

Both clubs, players and fans alike, detest each other. That game could be pure bedlam on and off the pitch.

Wisla 0 Legia 0 :sigh: The boys had much better of the play throughout, Legia had their first shot on goal in the 52nd minute. There was a penalty kick in the 84th minute, but Popovic couldn't score. Can't understand why Boguski didn't take it. :rage: He's the better option. Four points in the last two games look good, but it should've been six.
  • Like 1