2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Lech 2 Wisla 1 :sigh: I've seen our guys in worse shape on the road than in today's performance. 5th place is still realistic with one game remaining. :madra:

Congratulations to Arsenal for winning Europa League and good luck in Champions League next year...OH WAIT!!! :D :LOL: :clap: :joker: :LOLsign:

Huddersfield beat Reading on penalties to reach the premier league

Has England warmed up to penalty kicks deciding such things or does it still have a more traditional fan base looking cross-eyed at it? I know you were the last of the holdouts, that preferred just extra time and replays. I guess this is better than flipping a coin, as seen in the 1970 Cup Winners' Cup semifinal between Gornik and Roma.

Has England warmed up to penalty kicks deciding such things or does it still have a more traditional fan base looking cross-eyed at it? I know you were the last of the holdouts, that preferred just extra time and replays. I guess this is better than flipping a coin, as seen in the 1970 Cup Winners' Cup semifinal between Gornik and Roma.

I personally like them and whilst as a whole it's quite a divisive way of deciding things still, no one has thought of anything better, so we keep going with the penalties.

I personally like them and whilst as a whole it's quite a divisive way of deciding things still, no one has thought of anything better, so we keep going with the penalties.

But in the old days, you kept replaying games until you had a winner. Perhaps, with the condensed schedule nowadays, that method had to be abandoned.

Real Madrid wins the UEFA Championship. Now my best friend at work ( A Barcelona supporter) has to put up with his son's ( RM fan) lip all the way until El Classico in July. Still, those two quick goals in the 2nd half doomed Juventus.

7th European Cup / Champions League final lost by Juventus... (5th in the last 20 years)

After a good /great road to the final and a good first half, the team melted down in the last 45 mins.

This, the fact that Real Madrid is a stronger team and that Lady Luck once again wasn't on our side when they scored the second goal sealed our destiny.

Definetely a cursed competition for us.

Poland 3 Romania 1 :cool: Three more goals for Lewandowski, two penalty kicks and a nice header. Another step made towards World Cup 2018. New world rankings, soon to be released, will leave us at least in 7th place.

Fukkin' double hoorrray. :dweez: :chickendance:

The German U-21 team are European champions 2017, and our B-team won the Condfederations Cup in Russia last night. Great fight and final rehearsal. German football is still...top of the bill!!

Fukkin' double hoorrray. :dweez: :chickendance:

The German U-21 team are European champions 2017, and our B-team won the Condfederations Cup in Russia last night. Great fight and final rehearsal. German football is still...top of the bill!!

Chile was dominating most of the match. One mistake sealed their fate. :|

FIFA top-10 world ranking to be released in August: 1) Brazil, 2) Germany, 3) Argentina, 4) Switzerland, 5) Poland, 6) Portugal, 7) Chile, 8) Colombia, 9) Belgium, 10) France.

Pogon 1 Wisla 2 :cool: The new man, Lopez and Brlek very quickly put Krakow two goals up in the first half. The home team got close through a penalty kick. Great start to the season. Let's just hope it's not followed by seven straight losses like last year.

Cracovia 1 Piast 1 Another newcomer in Krakow, Zenjov opens the scoring in the 13th minute. The lead lasts about 2 seconds. Later, a missed penalty kick by the away side saves the draw for Cracovia.

Hull have been selling, like, everyone. But apparently "the supermarket has closed" now, according to Slutsky, which means that Grosicki might unexpectedly remain. Apparently he's been told by the Poland coach that he has to ensure that he's playing regularly for his club side in order to get into the Polish squad, and he's guaranteed that here. I think he could be one of the best players in the Championship, potentially.
  • Like 1

Hull have been selling, like, everyone. But apparently "the supermarket has closed" now, according to Slutsky, which means that Grosicki might unexpectedly remain. Apparently he's been told by the Poland coach that he has to ensure that he's playing regularly for his club side in order to get into the Polish squad, and he's guaranteed that here. I think he could be one of the best players in the Championship, potentially.

Nice to see you back, Brucey. :cheers: Yes, this has been happening a lot, Polish players would get sold to clubs out west and then sit on the bench, ultimately losing their chances to play for the national team. I don't expect Grosicki sharing that fate, especially while taking part in a lower league competition. The only thing that could possibly make Nawalka think twice about Kamil is the fact he's not in the PL anymore. I guess our coach believes English first division is a strong enough proposition for a player to continue the career without setbacks.
  • Like 1

Lechia 0 Cracovia 1 :) I thought Krakow was going to get destroyed after watching the first ten minutes. Later, the guys steadied the ship, Helik scored in the second half and all ended well. First two video reviews where used in this game. In both cases, Piatek was ruled to be offside before scoring goals. Edited by blackhawkrush