2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Crystal Palace 4-0 Hull

They didn't just relegate us. They stabbed us, twisted the knife and spat on our eyes as the life drained away from them!

:| That's just terrible. What do you see in Hull's future, Brucey? As far as "sexy" and Grosicki and all that.

Crystal Palace 4-0 Hull

They didn't just relegate us. They stabbed us, twisted the knife and spat on our eyes as the life drained away from them!

:| That's just terrible. What do you see in Hull's future, Brucey? As far as "sexy" and Grosicki and all that.

I have absolutely no idea really, but I can make some educated guesses. I don't envisage sexy being here next season, he's attracted a lot of attention for simply giving us a chance of staying up. But...maybe the last couple of games put some people off. Particularly his insistence on using zonal marking.

Grosicki I don't know, maybe he has some clause in his contract which will allow him to leave quite easily. If he doesn't, I could actually see him staying.

We've got a few players on loan so they probably won't be staying. A couple of the younger prospects will probably be off. I worry starting next season as we started this with our current ownership, no manager and hardly any fit players in the championship next season. So I'm worried about double relegation! Or, best case scenario, we do what Newcastle did, keep most of what we've got and challenge for promotion.

• Like 1

Crystal Palace 4-0 Hull

I have absolutely no idea really, but I can make some educated guesses. I don't envisage sexy being here next season, he's attracted a lot of attention for simply giving us a chance of staying up. But...maybe the last couple of games put some people off. Particularly his insistence on using zonal marking.

Grosicki I don't know, maybe he has some clause in his contract which will allow him to leave quite easily. If he doesn't, I could actually see him staying.

We've got a few players on loan so they probably won't be staying. A couple of the younger prospects will probably be off. I worry starting next season as we started this with our current ownership, no manager and hardly any fit players in the championship next season. So I'm worried about double relegation! Or, best case scenario, we do what Newcastle did, keep most of what we've got and challenge for promotion.

Yes, relegation doesn't attract players to a team. It's when you get promoted, clubs somehow manage to make themselves better and sign quality footballers. I would suggest trying to get to the top level as soon as possible and go from there. I think Grosicki had a clause saying if Hull goes down, he'll be looking for a team somewhere else, but don't quote me on that, because I'm not positive if that's a fact. It would make sense, though. He's a Polish international and should have another chance to prove himself in a good league.

Korona 3 Wisla 2 :sigh: Still can't win on the road. 6th place now. More allegations that the team is not paying players and coaches in the last few months. :facepalm:

Cracovia 2 Ruch 0 :) Steblecki and Piatek put us in front inside the first 15 minutes. After that things got a little hairy, but Krakow managed to hang on. Two games left, we're very close to remaining in Ekstraklasa. :) Edited by blackhawkrush

Wisla 4 Pogon 0 :eyeroll: The game was over at halftime, with all goals scored in the first 45 minutes. I bet if this fixture was played at Pogon, Wisla would've lost 1-0. Krakow could've challenged for the championship this year, had it been producing at least decent results on the road. 5the place is becoming a possibility again...

Tottenham 7-1 Hull. Relegation is bad enough, but Jeez.

So now that PL is done, what's your call on the Cup Final Saturday?

I'm saying the Blues- finish Wenger right and proper. Just MHO.

Edited by pjbear05

Tottenham 7-1 Hull. Relegation is bad enough, but Jeez.

So now that PL is done, what's your call on the Cup Final Saturday?

I'm saying the Blues- finish Wenger right and proper. Just MHO.

If Arsenal lose that then Wenger really shouldn't remain there, for his own health. I mean I wouldn't want to continue working somewhere where I'm hated!

And the last Hull result has been mentioned, I don't have to talk about it now :P

I will say one thing, though. Name me one time in the history of football that a team has lost 7-1, and afterwards the fans are pleading for the manager to stay. I bet it hadn't happened before yesterday.

In the last week Juventus has won both Italian League (6th time in a row) and Cup (3rd in a row).

Now Cardiff....

Regardless of whether you win the Champions League or not, that's quite a phenomenal season.

• Like 1

In the last week Juventus has won both Italian League (6th time in a row) and Cup (3rd in a row).

Now Cardiff....

Regardless of whether you win the Champions League or not, that's quite a phenomenal season.

Yes, it is, but being the team which has lost more Europen Cup / Champions League finals I'd love to have a different end this time!

• Like 1

Now Cardiff....

Yes, it is, but being the team which has lost more Europen Cup / Champions League finals I'd love to have a different end this time!

I wasn't aware of that, hopefully you can get that monkey off your back. I've only seen my team in one final of any kind, we lost having gone 2 up and it sucked, so yeah, hopefully you win it!