What music do you listen to when eating or cooking?

Sure, it depends on our mood. But, for the most part, I think we're in certain moods more than others. Or, at least, moods we TRY to be in.

Recently when I'm cooking I've been listening to a Best Of Steely Dan cd. It's upbeat and relaxing at the same time. Good for cooking I think.

When I'm eating I generally go with any number of albums from Bob Marley & The Wailers. Happy music, happy eating.

When my wife chooses the music it's generally one of those "sounds of nature" type recordings: birds, ocean waves, chimes, etc. It's soothing for sure but one day I may pass out in my rice bowl!

:blaze:

cooking is different

When I take time to prepare a meal, I wanna feel inspired and alive

We've got this older internet radio in the kitchen, but it is awesome and loud ... I have Preset 1 set to Heavy Trance

Even my dog knows that when that comes on, he's gonna get some good food

• Like 1

Usually something instrumental or new age-y.

That's true for me too actually. There's a mid-90s new age album called "In Existence" by Beautiful World that gets a lot of play at dinner time (& house cleaning time too) in Chateau Blaze.

I had never heard of that artist and only got it because it was on sale for like a buck about 20 years ago. It turned out to be quite good for what I use it for.

• Like 1

The first Van Halen album or some Little River Band. Have no idea why but that's what I cook to.

The first VH album seems good for backyard cookouts! One hand on the barbecue thongs, the other on a beer.

BBQ thongs? :LOL:

Getting them off her ass is the hard part!

I like to use tongs ;)

• Like 1

The first Van Halen album or some Little River Band. Have no idea why but that's what I cook to.

The first VH album seems good for backyard cookouts! One hand on the barbecue thongs, the other on a beer.

BBQ thongs? :LOL:

Getting them off her ass is the hard part!

I like to use tongs ;)

Like I said, beer in one hand, thongs in the other :blaze:

http://www.fashioneverywear.com/images/products/few_welcome2.jpg

• Like 1

I don't recall listening to music while cooking/eating that often. Very rare for me to do that.

Is that a normal thing people do? :huh:

Of the 11 TRFers who posted, 6 do, 4 don't, and 1 listens to Jaws.

I don't always listen when I cook or eat but it's at least half the time.

• Like 1

Just up the street from my shop, a new deli opened .. The owner's son has celiac syndrome, so there is a ton of stuff on the menu for those who don't eat wheat / gluten

I am so frickin' excited right now because on the way home from work, I bought a huge grilled chicken sub - something I have not had in 6 years as finding a good sub roll and deli was nearly impossible ..

It is so good

So anyway, to match the mood, I've got AKB48 blasting

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/AKB48---Iiwake-Maybe-%2528eng-subbed%2529/5524da94805c286985f588aab9d33812

Edited by Lucas

Just up the street from my shop, a new deli opened .. The owner's son has celiac syndrome, so there is a ton of stuff on the menu for those who don't eat wheat / gluten

I am so frickin' excited right now because on the way home from work, I bought a huge grilled chicken sub - something I have not had in 6 years as finding a good sub roll and deli was nearly impossible ..

It is so good

So anyway, to match the mood, I've got AKB48 blasting

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/AKB48---Iiwake-Maybe-%2528eng-subbed%2529/5524da94805c286985f588aab9d33812

You're ruining the grilled chicken sub! :LOL: