Smashburger

troutman

I looked it up and there are two in Fort Worth. One of them is about five miles from my office. I'll probably give it a try in a couple of weeks.

Dinner on the way home. Surprise the kids!! :D

We have one here. It's okay, but there's at least a half dozen other burger joints I prefer.

Edit: Well I guess I haven't been there in a while, it closed last year. Didn't help that the franchise owner posted some anti-LGBT facebook posts.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/03/smashburger_set_to_close_on_fr.html

Speaking of anti-LGBT, Chik Filet is opening a franchise in Kalamazoo! Woohoo Homophobic Chicken Sandwiches!

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

Great burgers and good fries as well. A little pricey but very good. 8/10

Ever been to Red Robin? How would this place compare if you did? One think I don't like about Red Robin is you only get 2 done-ness choices... "some pink, or no pink"... I want a lot of pink!

I just checked this Smashburger out.

Our nearest one is in Calgary.

Not a one in Washington State. There appears to be one in southwest Idaho near the Oregon border though.

i see they have an Avocado Burger that sounds delicious.

• Like 2

1 of the best burgers ever.

Rosemary fries are awesome.

Not 1 near me, but when I travel I look for it...

• Like 1

1 of the best burgers ever.

Rosemary fries are awesome.

Not 1 near me, but when I travel I look for it...

Yes, the rosemary fries are excellent.

• Like 1

Ever been to Red Robin? How would this place compare if you did? One think I don't like about Red Robin is you only get 2 done-ness choices... "some pink, or no pink"... I want a lot of pink!

I have been to Dead Robin before....Its been a real long time, I honestly couldn't say

Dead Robin...another corporate burger joint. Ick. I support the local guys.

• Like 2

Dead Robin...another corporate burger joint. Ick. I support the local guys.

So do we. Most of the time. We have a place called Zipp's out here that does fairly well. They really make an effort to keep the prices down, but their fries and burgers are inconsistent. Depends who makes them as to how they turn out.

• Like 2

There's a Smashburger inside a mini-mall a few minutes away from my place. Had it a couple of times...really nice burgers. Those rosemary fries though are what give it its own "identity" really. Haven't had it in awhile though cause I haven't been in that mini-mall recently and also cause there's a Five Guys and this other joint called The Habit that just opened recently relatively close to it.

I like Smashburger a lot. Beats the heck out of Five Guys.

:no:

I don't necessarily side with one camp...it really depends on which of the two burgers I'm more in the mood for. Edited by PolarizeMe