Smashburger

troutman

There's a Smashburger inside a mini-mall a few minutes away from my place. Had it a couple of times...really nice burgers. Those rosemary fries though are what give it its own "identity" really. Haven't had it in awhile though cause I haven't been in that mini-mall recently and also cause there's a Five Guys and this other joint called The Habit that just opened recently relatively close to it.

I like Smashburger a lot. Beats the heck out of Five Guys.

:no:

I don't necessarily side with one camp...it really depends on which of the two burgers I'm more in the mood for.

it would be interesting to compare the two.

Meh. 6/10 overall. Burger good, fries OK, price over, location shite.

The regional sports bar chain, Miller's Ale House is my go to burger joint. Big burgers, cooked to order. Fries, or pay a little extra for rings. Full bar with good beer lineup on draft and in bottles. Other food and appetizer choices too.

Great burgers and good fries as well. A little pricey but very good. 8/10

Ever been to Red Robin? How would this place compare if you did? One think I don't like about Red Robin is you only get 2 done-ness choices... "some pink, or no pink"... I want a lot of pink!

Dead Robin...another corporate burger joint. Ick. I support the local guys.

So do we. Most of the time. We have a place called Zipp's out here that does fairly well. They really make an effort to keep the prices down, but their fries and burgers are inconsistent. Depends who makes them as to how they turn out.

There is a local pizza place down the road that has great burgers. A little expensive but I might have to go tonight..

• Like 1

Ever been to Red Robin? How would this place compare if you did? One think I don't like about Red Robin is you only get 2 done-ness choices... "some pink, or no pink"... I want a lot of pink!

So do we. Most of the time. We have a place called Zipp's out here that does fairly well. They really make an effort to keep the prices down, but their fries and burgers are inconsistent. Depends who makes them as to how they turn out.

There is a local pizza place down the road that has great burgers. A little expensive but I might have to go tonight..

we always go the local pizza place, easily the best non-wood fired pizza I've ever had. Nothing compares to wood fired pizza though.

We go to Red Robin once in a while just because it's a known gluten free option for my daughter

• Like 1

and coincidentally enough, we are getting lunch from there tomorrow for my dad's birthday - it was his choice, he gets a free shake with it so he's very excited :dweez:
  • Like 3

we always go the local pizza place, easily the best non-wood fired pizza I've ever had. Nothing compares to wood fired pizza though.

We go to Red Robin once in a while just because it's a known gluten free option for my daughter

What does she order?

and coincidentally enough, we are getting lunch from there tomorrow for my dad's birthday - it was his choice, he gets a free shake with it so he's very excited :dweez:

Cool,

Happy Birthday Dad. :dweez: :chickendance: How old?

What does she order?

she gets a cheeseburger on a gluten free bun. The only place with a better gluten free bun that she's tried is Sprecher Pub
  • Like 1

Same birthday as Ringo, he'll be 76. But you'd think he was younger. He's cool. We've been to lots of concerts together. Eagles, Sting, Bruce, Meat Loaf (which was one of the loudest concerts I've ever been to, lol) Boz Scaggs, Mark Knopfler, Paul McCartney.
  • Like 3

Same birthday as Ringo, he'll be 76. But you'd think he was younger. He's cool. We've been to lots of concerts together. Eagles, Sting, Bruce, Meat Loaf (which was one of the loudest concerts I've ever been to, lol) Boz Scaggs, Mark Knopfler, Paul McCartney.

Very cool!! And Boz Scaggs :codger: :7up:

• Like 1

Meh. 6/10 overall. Burger good, fries OK, price over, location shite.

The regional sports bar chain, Miller's Ale House is my go to burger joint. Big burgers, cooked to order. Fries, or pay a little extra for rings. Full bar with good beer lineup on draft and in bottles. Other food and appetizer choices too.

Miller's Ale House DOES have really good burgers. But that's a proper restaurant/bar. It's not really fair to compare those establishments with fast food burger joints.

Here's the best fast food burger joint I've been.

http://www.kua-aina.com

It's a bit pricey but the burgers are busty and the onion rings & fries are crispy. Plus, they've got macho sized beers!

Hell, I may have just talked myself into going there tomorrow! :blaze:

• Like 1

There's a place in the Twin Cities. I think they only have a couple (2 or 3) locations, called BYOBurger. (Build Your Own Burger)

You walk in, and you can either order a pre-fab burger of the menu, or you can fill out an order form that has every topping, every option, every kind of cheese/bun/etc... and design your own burger. I love the format, cause you walk in, grab a sheet, and you can take your time to decide exactly what you want without holding up the line or negotiating with the cashier who might not get it right anyways. The form gives you millions of options, and helps assure an accurate order.

Price is right in the range of Five Guys or Smashburger, but man do they serve a terriffic burger.

• Like 2

We had a local yokel called Knuckleheads that did killer burgers, but they closed in April. I think the strip mall they were in decided to jack their lease rates into the stratosphere simply to force them out

No In-and-Out this far East, or Carls/Hardees this far south. Rally's/Checkers sucks. Hell, give me my Whitey one bites (White Castle) from back home in Detroit!

No In-and-Out this far East, or Carls/Hardees this far south.

There are some Hardee's in Minnesota, but they're almost all out in the sticks. Every time I'm out of the Twin Cities, I keep an eye out for a little town with a Hardee's. They're fantastic.

• Like 1

No In-and-Out this far East, or Carls/Hardees this far south.

There are some Hardee's in Minnesota, but they're almost all out in the sticks. Every time I'm out of the Twin Cities, I keep an eye out for a little town with a Hardee's. They're fantastic.

Between Hardee's and Arby's, I prefer the latter.

There is also a place called BurgerFI. Have not tried it yet. Sure looks good though.

Good burgers. Killer onion rings. And if you're willing to pay, Coca Cola, bottled in Mexico (original formula, made with sugar, not that crappy HFCS.)

• Like 1

There is also a place called BurgerFI. Have not tried it yet. Sure looks good though.

Good burgers. Killer onion rings. And if you're willing to pay, Coca Cola, bottled in Mexico (original formula, made with sugar, not that crappy HFCS.)

No soda just water.

Edited by troutman

Dicks!!!

Smashburger's good, I like 'em!
  • Like 1

1 of the best burgers ever.

Rosemary fries are awesome.

Not 1 near me, but when I travel I look for it...

Yes, the rosemary fries are excellent.

Burger average. Rosemary fries, blow average. Sorry, was not impressed at all.

5 Guys blows it to shit!

1 of the best burgers ever.

Rosemary fries are awesome.

Not 1 near me, but when I travel I look for it...

Yes, the rosemary fries are excellent.

Burger average. Rosemary fries, blow average. Sorry, was not impressed at all.

5 Guys blows it to shit!

5 Guys is awful. Soggy fries and underseasoned burgers. Never walked out of there feeling good about what I just ate.