Westworld -Reboot- HBO - Proceed with caution

Westworld was the original Terminator. I've wanted to see a good remake in the theatres. I'm interested in seeing it.

Me too!

Well, there WAS that talk of a film remake starring Ahnold waaaaaay back maybe in the 90s.

They couldn't beat this:

http://awesomebmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/yul-brynner-westworld-590x442.jpg

Dude.....! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:yes:

Ironically, I'm watching the movie on dvd right now.

And getting all hot and bothered I bet...

:blink: ..?

Westworld was the original Terminator. I've wanted to see a good remake in the theatres. I'm interested in seeing it.

Me too!

Well, there WAS that talk of a film remake starring Ahnold waaaaaay back maybe in the 90s.

They couldn't beat this:

http://awesomebmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/yul-brynner-westworld-590x442.jpg

And getting all hot and bothered I bet...

:blink: ..?

:16ton:

Check out the "I Miss the Boys Already" thread for more treeduck/Babycat nonsense... :banana: :hi:

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

So jealous!

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

So jealous!

It was the steelbook version too.

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

Absolutely Agreed! My favorite Yul Brynner movie is The Buccaneer, check it out if you haven't seen it. Brynner plays Jean Lafitte and Charlton Heston chews the heck out of the scenery as Andrew Jackson. Great stuff!
  • Like 1

This debuted tonight. I'm not watching anyone see the mess yet?

I love a good trainwreck....may have to watch it tomorrow

• Like 1

Why did Anthony Whore$$pkins sign up for this? Oh I think I answered my own question... :hail:

I heard there is plenty of boobs, but with with it being HBO that usually means a fair amount of Wiener too

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

I saw that when I was a kid and Yul Brynner gave me nightmares. I agree that no remake will ever do that to me again. But movies back in those days didn't need much to scare you. People have been so spoiled and desensitized by special effects that it takes a lot more than a few wires and mechanical eyes to be scary today. I would imagine that kids today would find the original Westworld humorous instead of scary.

• Like 2

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

I saw that when I was a kid and Yul Brynner gave me nightmares. I agree that no remake will ever do that to me again. But movies back in those days didn't need much to scare you. People have been so spoiled and desensitized by special effects that it takes a lot more than a few wires and mechanical eyes to be scary today. I would imagine that kids today would find the original Westworld humorous instead of scary.

That is very true about desensitization ( weird word) but I still think the unknown and unseen is the scariest. :scared: :outtahere:

• Like 2

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

That is very true about desensitization ( weird word) but I still think the unknown and unseen is the scariest. :scared: :outtahere:

That's true. And movies had to do a lot more of it before CGI and great special effects. But even today, I think the mind can generate something scarier than a Hollywood special effects team can. The unknown is a different kind of fear.

The thing that scared me about Yul Brenner's character was that it was a non-human robot villain without emotion and when you saw it without it's face, it verified how inhuman it was. So in that case, seeing a faceless killer made it even scarier.

• Like 1

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

That's true. And movies had to do a lot more of it before CGI and great special effects. But even today, I think the mind can generate something scarier than a Hollywood special effects team can. The unknown is a different kind of fear.

The thing that scared me about Yul Brenner's character was that it was a non-human robot villain without emotion and when you saw it without it's face, it verified how inhuman it was. So in that case, seeing a faceless killer made it even scarier.

That's true about the faceless part - I virtually had nightmares for weeks when I first saw him without it, when he needed repairing.

• Like 1

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

That's true about the faceless part - I virtually had nightmares for weeks when I first saw him without it, when he needed repairing.

What other films scare you Baby?

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

What other films scare you Baby?

Glengarry Glen Ross scares me.

Specifically Alec Baldwin

Oh wait, I'm not Baby

• Like 1

Me too!

They couldn't beat this:

I remember this part of the movie being scary.

If I showed this to my kids they would laugh.

• Like 1

I also watched it. It wasn't bad at all.

I heard they had old Western music versions of Black Hole Sun and Paint It Black as the music?

Is this true?

• Like 1

I heard they had old Western music versions of Black Hole Sun and Paint It Black as the music?

Is this true?

Isn't Black Hole Sun from Soundgarden? And yes, Paint It Black was used as well, but kind of slower and obviously instrumental. :)

• Like 1

Is this true?

Isn't Black Hole Sun from Soundgarden? And yes, Paint It Black was used as well, but kind of slower and obviously instrumental. :)

Yes. Soundgarden ...although hardly recognizable

Here it is:

And Paint it Black

• Like 2

Is this true?

Here it is:

And Paint it Black

Wow! :D

• Like 2

Is this true?

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UGsMIzlpk&list=RDg8UGsMIzlpk&index=2

And Paint it Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k&index=2&list=RDg8UGsMIzlpk

The Internet is cool !! :drool:

• Like 1

Is this true?

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UGsMIzlpk&list=RDg8UGsMIzlpk&index=2

And Paint it Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k&index=2&list=RDg8UGsMIzlpk

The Internet is cool !! :drool:

Sure is! :D

• Like 1