Best Song Outros

Mr. Not

Don't know who played the piano at the end - it was either Neil or Nils Lofgren - but it was wild. Wish I could do that. :cool:

from Nils....

Young got even more minimalism out of visitor Jack Nitzsche, who’d worked with Young during his days with the Springfield. That July, Young, Nitzsche and Crazy Horse convened in the basement and cut “When You Dance I Can Really Love” totally live, with Young flailing away on his Gretsch White Falcon. Nitzsche, however, wasn’t about to submit to Young’s whims without a fight. “I was there when Jack did his part on ‘When You Dance,’ which was a riot,” recalls Lofgren. “Jack was pretty drunk, and he got kind of angry at Neil for even putting him up to playing piano in the first place. Neil kept cajoling him, but the whole time Jack was in there playing this insane piano part, he was giving us all kinds of crap! We had to keep tell him that it sounded great.”

• Like 1

Don't know who played the piano at the end - it was either Neil or Nils Lofgren - but it was wild. Wish I could do that. :cool:

from Nils....

Young got even more minimalism out of visitor Jack Nitzsche, who’d worked with Young during his days with the Springfield. That July, Young, Nitzsche and Crazy Horse convened in the basement and cut “When You Dance I Can Really Love” totally live, with Young flailing away on his Gretsch White Falcon. Nitzsche, however, wasn’t about to submit to Young’s whims without a fight. “I was there when Jack did his part on ‘When You Dance,’ which was a riot,” recalls Lofgren. “Jack was pretty drunk, and he got kind of angry at Neil for even putting him up to playing piano in the first place. Neil kept cajoling him, but the whole time Jack was in there playing this insane piano part, he was giving us all kinds of crap! We had to keep tell him that it sounded great.”

So that's Jack at the end? Drunk or not, he did a great job and I love it!

By the way, I found the version of When You Dance that I was looking for (it's 4:06 as opposed to 3:45), but it was blocked on copyright grounds.

What is in those last twenty or so seconds that isn't in the rest of the song?

Roxy Music "Over You" Edited by Mara
  • Like 1

I always liked the final minute or so. :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee33FsDANk0

I'd toss The Ocean in there too for great outros on Houses Of The Holy.

• Like 1