Jump to content


TRF rank all 168 Rush songs


  • Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#481 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10260 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 13 July 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 July 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 July 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

How the hell is Malnar #164?
I think this list has been about not forgetting songs more than ranking the best or worst. Even with the list repeated again and again, songs have been sloppily repeated.

A TRUE ranking from all 168 is too much to do. But ranking songs on each album is easily doable.

This list is a red herring, and I'm not talking about the Commies here. In this case at least. Its also straw man, a false dilemma and is not Empirically valid. Venn is turning in his grave.

That's the spirit!  :)

Still waiting for Lucas to come in here and try to play devils advocate to my devils advocate, like he does in damn near every post I make here.

Maybe he is a commie too. Jersey is a Red state ferfecksake. ;)

Did you hear that Lucas?  DD called us commies.
Lorraine, if you were on a beach in Thailand with Lucas on a completely clear blue sky day with sun beams beaming and said, "What a lovely blue sky!", it's possible that Lucas would play devil's advocate and say, "Well, it's nice and all but it's not completely blue. I see a very slight hint of grey in there." :lol:

He totally would.

He would also try to convince you the clouds were in the shape of KISS masks.

"Ooh Look...Gene is that stratocumulus cloud over there"
Funnily, I was TRYING to force a Paul Stanley joke in that post but i had nothing. The Gene cloud works!

oh boy ... that is too easy
:lol:
It's easy for you. But I don't eat, sleep, and piss KISS like you do so I couldn't find a Paul Stanley joke in a Thai sky :lol:


PISS

KISS

I totally got that!!!

Sponsored Post

#482 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 13 July 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 July 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 July 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

How the hell is Malnar #164?
I think this list has been about not forgetting songs more than ranking the best or worst. Even with the list repeated again and again, songs have been sloppily repeated.

A TRUE ranking from all 168 is too much to do. But ranking songs on each album is easily doable.

This list is a red herring, and I'm not talking about the Commies here. In this case at least. Its also straw man, a false dilemma and is not Empirically valid. Venn is turning in his grave.

That's the spirit!  :)

Still waiting for Lucas to come in here and try to play devils advocate to my devils advocate, like he does in damn near every post I make here.

Maybe he is a commie too. Jersey is a Red state ferfecksake. ;)

Did you hear that Lucas?  DD called us commies.
Lorraine, if you were on a beach in Thailand with Lucas on a completely clear blue sky day with sun beams beaming and said, "What a lovely blue sky!", it's possible that Lucas would play devil's advocate and say, "Well, it's nice and all but it's not completely blue. I see a very slight hint of grey in there." :lol:

He totally would.

He would also try to convince you the clouds were in the shape of KISS masks.

"Ooh Look...Gene is that stratocumulus cloud over there"
Funnily, I was TRYING to force a Paul Stanley joke in that post but i had nothing. The Gene cloud works!

oh boy ... that is too easy
:lol:
It's easy for you. But I don't eat, sleep, and piss KISS like you do so I couldn't find a Paul Stanley joke in a Thai sky :lol:


PISS

KISS

I totally got that!!!

Eat, sleep, piss KISS, yes, but there is always room for other bands ..

Ya know, like 30-45 minutes ??

Posted Image

#483 bean-tor

bean-tor

    Tremendous Dynamite

  • Members *
  • 7921 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:29 AM

We're not really done yet, are we? Ah f**k it, I'm gonna keep going :lol:  :madra:


1) The Fountain Of Lamneth (YYZumbi)
2) The Anarchist (Cyclonus X-1)
3) Spirit Of The Radio(Surrender74)
4) Cygnus X1 Book I (Lucas)
5) La Villa Strangiato (rushfreak101)
6) Cinderella Man (treeduck)
7) Freewill (JohnRogers)
8) Natural Science (a rocket that ignites itself)
9) Xanadu (Brucey)
10) 2112 (Airship2112)
11) Cygnus X-1 Book ll: Hemispheres (Gabrielgil513)
12) Emotion Detector (Cyclonus X-1)
13) The Camera Eye (g under p)
14) Jacob's Ladder (bean-tor)
15) The Trees (Disembodied Spirit)
16) Tom Sawyer(Surrender74)
17) The Necromancer (Lucas)
18) A Farewell to Kings (treeduck)
19) Limelight (a rocket that ignites itself)
20) Closer to the Heart (Airship2112)
21) Cut To The Chase (GeddyLeeGenes)
22) Armor and Sword (wdd200)
23) Territories (KW84)
24) Red Sector A (YYZumbi)
25) Headlong Flight (g under p)
26) Animate (Cyclonus X-1)
27) Working Man(Surrender74)
28) Circumstances (Gabrielgil513)
29) Red Barchetta (treeduck)
30) Bytor and the Snow dog (Airship2112)
31) The Garden (Brucey)
32) Garden Road ( Lucas )
33) Here Again (Union)
34) Anthem (rushfreak101
35) One Little Victory (Wil1972)
36) Dreamline (a rocket that ignites itself)
37) Earthshine (g under p)
38) The Big Money(Surrender74)
39) You Can't Fight It (ReRushed)
40) YYZ (treeduck)
41 Roll the Bones (DirkPrattLerxst)
42) In The End (rushfreak101)
43) A Passage To Bangkok (Lucas)
44) Red Lenses (Union)
45) Losing It (Disembodied Spirit)
46) What You're Doing (gabrielgil513)
47) Beneath, Between & Behind (TexMike)
48) Distant Early Warning(Surrender74)
49) Ceiling Unlimited (Wil1972)
50) Fly By Night (treeduck)
51) Subdivisions (a rocket that ignites itself)
52) Cold Fire (DirkPrattLerxst)
53) Bastille Day ( Lucas )
54) The Enemy Within (KW84)
55) Prime Mover (rhyv)
56) Middletown Dreams (wdd2000)
57) Secret Touch (YYZumbi)
58) Out of the Cradle (Union)
59) Digital Man (wdd2000)
60) Kid Gloves (treeduck)
61) Between The Wheels (g under p)
62) Between Sun and Moon (Gabrielgil513)
63) Something For Nothing ( Lucas )
64) The Pass (a rocket that ignites itself)
65) The Twilight Zone (rushfreak101)
66) Mystic Rhythms(Surrender74)
67) Lock and Key (DirkPrattLerxst)
68) Leave That Thing Alone (Cyclonus X-1)
69) Witch Hunt (treeduck)
70) Afterimage (g under p)
71) Carnies (Wil1972)
72) Open Secrets (Brucey)
73) The Analog Kid (TexMike)
74) Lakeside Park ( Lucas )
75) Mission (a rocket that ignites itself)
76) Driven (Gabrielgil513)
77) Double Agent (Leave my thing Alone)
78) Different Strings (Rushfreak101)
79) Entre Nous (treeduck)
80) The Color of Right (Cyclonus X-1)
81) Time and Motion (DirkPrattLerxst)
82) Time Stand Still(Surrender74)
83) The Body Electric (g under p)
84) Vapor Trail (Wil1972)
85) Caravan (Bruce)
86) The Weapon (ericimichael1116)
87) Far Cry (a rocket that ignites itself)
88) Before And After ( Lucas )
89) Marathon (JohnRogers)
90) Madrigal (treeduck)
91) Spindrift (Lorraine)
92) The Main Monkey Business (TexMike)
93) Clockwork Angels(Surrender74)
94) Workin' Them Angels (Cyclonus X-1)
95) Stick It Out (Gabrielgil513)
96) How it Is (Wil1972)
97) The Manhattan Project (g under p)
98) Ghost of a Chance (Brucey)
99) Vital Signs (a rocket that ignites itself)
100) Alien Shore (treeduck)
101) O Barista..er..Baterasta..the drum solo in Rio (Disembodied Spirit)
102) Finding My Way ( Lucas )
103) Grand Designs (Justus_2112)
104) Red Tide (Lorraine)
105) Lessons (Gabrielgil513)
106) The Larger Bowl (Cyclonus X-1)
107) BU2B (TexMike)
108) Dog Years (JohnRogers)
109) Freeze (Rutlefan)
110) Bravado (a rocket that ignites itself)
111) Broon's Bane (Disembodied Spirit)
112) Making Memories (treeduck)
113) Tears (Lucas)
114) Force Ten (bean-tor)
115) Hope (rhyv)
116) Available Light (Cyclonus X-1)
117) Test For Echo (g under p)
118) Presto (Brucey)
119) Turn the Page (Gabrielgil513)
120) Tai Shan (Entre_Perpetuo)
121) Seven Cities of Gold (a rocket that ignites itself)
122) Chemistry (treeduck)
123) In The Mood (Lucas)
124) Virtuality..net boy..net girl (Disembodied Spirit)
125) Countdown (TexMike)
126) Wish Them Well (Cyclonus X-1)
127) We Hold On (g under p)
128) Where's My Thing? (bean-tor)
129) The Wreckers (Gabrielgil513)
130 I Think I'm Going Bald (Pip65)
131) Show Don't Tell (a rocket that ignites itself)
132) Best I Can (treeduck)
133) Take A Friend ( Lucas )
134) BU2B2 (Brucey)
135) Scars (TexMike)
136) Halo Effect (Cyclonus X-1)
137) Moto Perpetuo (Disembodied Spirit)
138) The Speed of Love (Lorraine)
139) New World Man (Gabrielgil513)
140) Superconductor (Wil1972)
141) Bravest Face (g under p)
142) Second Nature (treeduck)
143) High Water (Rutlefan)
144) War Paint (a rocket that ignites itself)
145) Nobody's Hero (Brucey)
146) You Bet Your Life (Cyclonus X-1)
147) Rivendell (Lucas)
148) Need Some Love (Disembodied Spirit)
149) Anagram (For Mongo) (Natural Scientist in 2112)
150) Face Up (Entre_Perpetuo)
151) Nocturne (Wil1972)
152) Ghost Rider (blueschica)
153) Chain Lightning (treeduck)
154) Good News First (g under p)
155) Carve Away The Stone (a rocket that ignites itself)
156) Hand over Fist (Cyclonus X-1)
157) Fancy Dancer  (Lucas)
158) The Big Wheel (Disembodied Spirit)
159) Sweet Miracle (bean-tor)
160) Neurotica (Entre_Perpetuo)
161) Limbo (Lorraine)
162) Peaceable Kingdom (Wil1972)
163) Heresy (treeduck)
164) Malignant Narcissism (rhyv)
165) Faithless (g under p)
166) Totem (Cyclonus X-1)
167) Half The World (a rocket that ignites itself)
168) The Stars Look Down (Cyclonus X-1)

169) Resist (bean-tor)

#484 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10808 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

View Postbean-tor, on 14 July 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

We're not really done yet, are we? Ah f**k it, I'm gonna keep going :lol:  :madra:



169) Resist (bean-tor)

YES !!

this thread was totally worth it just to hear Bean Tor swear !!!!!!!!!!!

#485 bean-tor

bean-tor

    Tremendous Dynamite

  • Members *
  • 7921 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostLucas, on 14 July 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

View Postbean-tor, on 14 July 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

We're not really done yet, are we? Ah f**k it, I'm gonna keep going :lol:  :madra:



169) Resist (bean-tor)

YES !!

this thread was totally worth it just to hear Bean Tor swear !!!!!!!!!!!

:smoke:



Oh boy, is that really the first you've heard of my swearing?! :hail:

#486 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostDigital Dad, on 13 July 2016 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 July 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 13 July 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

How the hell is Malnar #164?
I think this list has been about not forgetting songs more than ranking the best or worst. Even with the list repeated again and again, songs have been sloppily repeated.

A TRUE ranking from all 168 is too much to do. But ranking songs on each album is easily doable.

Ah!  Even Johnny knows this list could never be a TRUE ranking of Rush songs.  :yes: :) :cool: ;) ;) ;)
"Even Johnny knows"?!!! What do mean "even"??!!! :lol:
I was bitching about this ranking system way back in the early pages along with Digital Dad. I just wasn't as adamant. :lol:
And I was bitching about the Top 500, Top 1000 lists in the Music Forum weeks or even months ago. You can't really do a RANKING without some kind average score or collective effort. Of course, you can have your own PERSONAL 168 but then it's just you ranking and not TRF.

Dude the post just got to me at the right time. Or the wrong time, depending on your point of view.

The other top lists were more like, this is what you should check out, they say so right at the top.
I didn't check the original post of the Top 500 List thread but the Top 1000 List of the '70s thread said this in the original post:

"To have something to do waiting for the 80s list to turn over, here's a list honoring the best of the 70s.    

(Note:   since Permanent Waves is a 70s album, those songs are welcome here.   But let's not get sidetracked, and instead honor a great decade of music).

To keep things moving, you may post once every 10 songs or 3 hours, whichever comes FIRST..

1)   Xanadu--Rush (laughedatbytime)

This should require no explanation here:"

There's nothing there that says "this is what you should check out". It's just a list. It says that much at least. But there's no reason for the title to be "Top (insert number)" anything. Anyway...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users