Olivia De Haviland is 100 on Friday, will Kirk Douglas make it to his century in December?

treeduck

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/01/18/1m9RZRtXXO8cc109e1899d1ff8b1-3670080-Still_so_glamourous_Olivia_de_Havilland_the_picture_of_elegance_-a-26_1467394789893.jpg http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/01/18/35DD057600000578-3670080-image-m-25_1467394765318.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/01/17/35DBE0FA00000578-3670146-image-m-86_1467389545939.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/01/18/35DB349000000578-3670080-image-a-9_1467394162443.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/01/17/35DBE0FE00000578-3670146-image-m-88_1467389741214.jpg

• Like 2

She and Mammy were the only two that had any sense in Gone With The Wind.

That's just the character. She had a chance to play Scarlett but turned it down because Scarlett represented the "new" modern woman and she didn't identify with that, she related to the other character as she saw herself as more traditional.

Her feud with her sister Joan Fontaine "The Dragon Lady" is ongoing, even though Joan died in 2013!

Yes, I know all about her and Joan and their ongoing competition and feud.

They don't make dignified actresses like that anymore.

I always liked Olivia more than Joan although I did like the latter in Jane Eyre.

I always liked Olivia more than Joan although I did like the latter in Jane Eyre.

I suppose Olivia has won since she's still here but she's still pissed at her!

Yes, I've just now been reading the articles about her interview. I'm amazed she still, at the age of 100, has her wits about her.

Yes, I've just now been reading the articles about her interview. I'm amazed she still, at the age of 100, has her wits about her.

In longevity terms she's a BEAST (so to speak).

Here's hoping Douglas makes it to 100. I was certain Eli Wallach was going to make it a few years ago

He was close. A lot of famous actors have fallen short in recent years, Karl Malden, John Gielgud, Herbert Lom, Mickey Rooney, Richard Widmark, Christopher Lee, Patrick Macnee and so on.

Here's hoping Douglas makes it to 100. I was certain Eli Wallach was going to make it a few years ago

He was close. A lot of famous actors have fallen short in recent years, Karl Malden, John Gielgud, Herbert Lom, Mickey Rooney, Richard Widmark, Christopher Lee, Patrick Macnee and so on.

I hope she can make it! ;)

Christopher Lee was excellent and all connected with rock and heavy metal. He collaborated with many bands and recorded two albums. :haz:

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

I hope she can make it! ;)

Christopher Lee was excellent and all connected with rock and heavy metal. He collaborated with many bands and recorded two albums. :haz:

Aye!

:goodone:

:haz:

• Like 1

She and Mammy were the only two that had any sense in Gone With The Wind.

Scarlett had sense. She just used it through her selfish greed.

I have to say Melanie was a wonderful character. Ashley too. I wish more people tried to be like them and less Scarlett or Rhet!

Mammie is amazing. I love as well that other character...the one who said she could birth babies...her voice cracks me up every time haha!!

I love Olivia de Havilland. Such a beautiful woman and her Maid Marian is my favourite ever! The Adventures Of Robin Hood remains a perfect movie.
  • Like 1

I love Olivia de Havilland. Such a beautiful woman and her Maid Marian is my favourite ever! The Adventures Of Robin Hood remains a perfect movie.

You seem like an Ashley type.

Yeah...he also attracted Scarlett's hahaha