What do you want to buy right now?

That One Guy

We've all got near or mid term stuff we're eyeing, don't we? Not talking outlandish stuff like a Ferrari or $10,000,000 mansion.

-My 5.5yr old laptop is such a trooper, but a replacement would be very nice. This thing belches fan noise most of the time, and doesn't have such creature comforts as "HDMI" or "a third USB port".

-Been wanting a quality .357 or .44mag revolver for a while. Stainless steel with quality wooden grips isn't gonna be cheap.

-A Kindle e-reader. Pretty sold on them after borrowing one for a few books.

Get your material desires all up in here!

• Like 2

I don't have cash for any of this right now but playing with low grade Monopoly money here goes.

1982 Corvette, the last of the C3 generation. Affordable and fuel injected with an overdrive transmission. To most of the masses it could be a '69 or '75 or whatever. I'd have it wrapped to market my cigar lounge.

A 9mm semi-automatic pistol. I don't own gun but think it is aboot time.

A new quality mattress.

R40 mega-set on DVD.

• Like 1

To be honest, Ive tried to not be so interested in purchases of this sort. I'm always thinking about the next trip (or trips) anyway so I guess plane tickets are what I want to buy.

Possible tickets for October trip include:

Pusan

Seoul

Sapporo

Taipei

Phuket

Cebu

Weather will play a major factor though as it's rainy season in a few of those places.

• Like 3

dol is the princess of material desires. Here's a few things I've been wanting to buy:

-As a part of my wardrobe completion and overhaul, I'd like to replace some of the cheaply-constructed clothing I own with things made of cotton, linen, and other good materials. This includes, but is not limited to, a black skirt, a sheath dress, various dress shirts, and some other things I have nebulous wants about.

-As a part of my frivolous clothing desires: a floral dress, a floral jacket, floral everything

-A better phone. I own a Microsoft phone. It has been a long year.

-I have had the general desire to upgrade the house's desktop computer. It contains the same parts it had when my brother bought it, ~5 years ago.

-New glasses. That'll be getting crossed off fairly soon.

-New front teeth. Hah, not literally, but there's been thoughts about whitening some of the frontal spotting on them, which would make me more confident about my smile.

-New perfume. It's tradition to change it post-breakup (and I've sort of been tired of the one I wear, anyway), and so I'm way overdue on that front.

• Like 2

I'm good ...

Although 1 of those beds people seem to sleep awesomely would be nice.

But don't want to pay $5000

I've learned money helps a lot in our lives. Quite useful when necessary.

I want to buy:

- I do need a new cell phone and a tablet;

- Tickets to travel;

- Tickets for concerts of favorite bands;

- Special food in good restaurants;

- Wine;

- Clothes and shoes;

- A Gibson guitar;

- A Harley Davidson;

- An appartment or small house on the country I want to move in;

- A place to creat my art studio;

- New Art materials;

- Books;

- Complete my CD and Blue Ray wishlist;

- A new sound system.

... Just to start.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 4

I've learned money helps a lot in our lives. Quite useful when necessary.

I want to buy:

- I do need a new cell phone and a tablet;

- Tickets to travel;

- Tickets for concerts of favorite bands;

- Special food in good restaurants;

- Wine;

- Clothes and shoes;

- A Gibson guitar;

- A Harley Davidson;

- An appartment or small house on the country I want to move in;

- A place to creat my art studio;

- New Art materials;

- Books;

- Complete my CD and Blue Ray wishlist;

- A new sound system.

... Just to start.

So just a short list yeah? ;)

• Like 1

I actually just bought a bass that I've had my eye on for a few days and have been looking for for over 2 years. I owned the same model years ago and sold it like a jacka__. Found one 3 days ago and rescued her from Guitar Center in GA. My wife's exact words : " You earn the money. Just buy it ".
  • Like 4

I'm out of work since March, so while there's a lot I want, it all has to wait.... : ( Edited by Laurabw

I'm pretty sure I have everything I want that money can buy.

There are non-material things I want that are much more important to me, but I can't buy those.

• Like 2

I actually just bought a bass that I've had my eye on for a few days and have been looking for for over 2 years. I owned the same model years ago and sold it like a jacka__. Found one 3 days ago and rescued her from Guitar Center in GA. My wife's exact words : " You earn the money. Just buy it ".

Can I borrow your wife for an hour? I want to buy a Bose 5.1 receiver

• Like 2

Can I borrow your wife for an hour? I want to buy a Bose 5.1 receiver

:LOL:

I tell my wife the same kind of thing actually. My friends think I'm stupid for it. But I don't see why. It's her money, she works really hard for it (harder than me that's for sure), and she doesn't spend it carelessly.

If anything, I encourage her to buy stuff sometimes because she'll just eyeball something for WEEKS hoping for a sale that may or may not come.

• Like 1

1982 Corvette, the last of the C3 generation. Affordable and fuel injected with an overdrive transmission. To most of the masses it could be a '69 or '75 or whatever. I'd have it wrapped to market my cigar lounge.

A 9mm semi-automatic pistol. I don't own gun but think it is aboot time.

Those 'vettes have a classy look. And we're far enough away from the era of carbureted vehicles that I won't pursue one.

As to that second item, $300-$600* depending on size and brand, only considering polymer (lower half high grade plastic) offerings, new.

*at least in my region

Edited by That One Guy