NEW KANSAS ALBUM: The Prelude Implicit

Segue Myles

Buuuuuut...even then I sorta wanna revisit it! It's been MONTHS
  • Like 1

Sorry but not interested. I haven't cared for the band since Kerry Livgren and Dave Hope left.

Yeah...I'm probably gonna Spotify this album and even then probably only once

• Like 1

Sorry but not interested. I haven't cared for the band since Kerry Livgren and Dave Hope left.

I would listen to it to see what it sounds like, but for me they lost the magic a long time ago.

• Like 1

I would listen to it to see what it sounds like, but for me they lost the magic a long time ago.

Agreed.

To be honest they haven't been "Kansas" since Monolith, which is my least favourite seventies album.

After that they were a really good AOR band that sound like someone else entirely.

• Like 1

Well let's put it this way...are there many other albums coming out that are worth spending money on? I'm thinking no.

For giving us 40+ years of awesome material, I don't have a problem buying the CD, listening to it once and tossing it on the pile if I don't like it.

Walsh did have vocal problems when I saw them 3 years ago. Not surprised he left.

He's had vocal problems for more than 3 years, more like 23.

• Like 1

Well let's put it this way...are there many other albums coming out that are worth spending money on? I'm thinking no.

For giving us 40+ years of awesome material, I don't have a problem buying the CD, listening to it once and tossing it on the pile if I don't like it.

Walsh did have vocal problems when I saw them 3 years ago. Not surprised he left.

He had one of the best voices in rock. Such a shame that he's lost it. Kind of like Geddy but at least he sounded pretty good up until Snakes and Arrows.

He had one of the best voices in rock. Such a shame that he's lost it. Kind of like Geddy but at least he sounded pretty good up until Snakes and Arrows.

Walsh did too much coke and drank too much booze. Also not having his voice trained probably hurt him in the long run, (obviously it didn't hurt him in the short term), but age is obviously a big factor too and wear and tear. Singers like Glenn Hughes, the other Kansas guy John Elefante and others benefited from light touring schedules over long periods of the 80's and 90's.

Here's how Elefante sounds these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsgwrtIItg

• Like 1

I like the music itself but they sure have that snare drum way too high in the mix. But that's with me listening to it on my phone. Maybe it'll sound better on CD.

This is probably specially compressed to suit youtube sound parameters . The album probably will sound better. Then again it could be Brick Wall City.

I like the music itself but they sure have that snare drum way too high in the mix. But that's with me listening to it on my phone. Maybe it'll sound better on CD.

This is probably specially compressed to suit youtube sound parameters . The album probably will sound better. Then again it could be Brick Wall City.

Did Nick R. produce it? ;)

• Like 1

No but another guy with an unpronounceable/unspellable name has.

No but another guy with an unpronounceable/unspellable name has.

Oh well there's the problem. :LOL: If all of them would get producers with the name Smith or Jones we would have some awesome sounding albums.

I don't know. No walsh is a hard sell.

I don't really like the albums without him the first time around.

Mick

Saw them with Ronnie last Summer. He was excellent.

Steve Walsh is the man! But I have no doubt these guys will make a great album.

• Like 1

Mick

Tick where you been hiding for the past 3 months??

Mick

Agreed. After all, one of my top three Kansas albums is Drastic Measures: not a Walsh in sight!

• Like 2

Mick

Tick where you been hiding for the past 3 months??

Started a new job, and have been focused and quite busy.