NEW KANSAS ALBUM: The Prelude Implicit

Segue Myles

I think the only Original members are Phil Ehart on violin and Rich Williams on guitars.

Mick

and Ehart is on drums rather.

A cover band with a couple guys who were there in 73 and a record deal.

Mick

Excitement...dimmed...

and Ehart was on drums

A cover band with a couple guys who were there inn 73 and a record deal.

Edited by bluefox4000

I think the only Original members are Phil Ehart on violin and Rich Williams on guitars.

Mick

Excitement...dimmed...

I forgot that the concept of replacement members is the most disgusting, taboo, and offensive thing ever.

Mick

Excitement...dimmed...

I forgot that the concept of replacement members is the most disgusting, taboo, and offensive thing ever.

I never tire of telling you to shut up

From one loud mouth to another

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Mick

and Ehart is on drums rather.

A cover band with a couple guys who were there in 73 and a record deal.

Mick

Excitement...dimmed...

and Ehart was on drums

A cover band with a couple guys who were there inn 73 and a record deal.

Well regardless it might still be a nice album.

More excited for the rumoured Foreigner album in the works. Apparently Lou Gramm might feature...at the very least on stage

• Like 1

but yo've only got TWO LEFT!!!!!

i buy the album but for all intents and purposes you've got a cover band.

Mick

Unless they really try not to copy and paste the past.

I am up for some open mindedness.

• Like 1

Mick

me too i was just yelling at fraroc.

it's fun, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

me too i was just yelling at fraroc.

it's fun, lol

Mick

I think I need to tread carefully after my rage...

I spent all day calm and thinking happy thoughts I want to be nice.

And WOOP KANSAS

I miss our thread bro

The thing about this version of KANSAS is they've spent the last 15 years playing fairgrounds and bars. I didn't even much like their last album and that had the original line-up so I'm not so confident.
  • Like 1

The thing about this version of KANSAS is they've spent the last 15 years playing fairgrounds and bars. I didn't even much like their last album and that had the original line-up so I'm not so confident.

Not true, they actually play a lot of medium-sized venues like theatres and they're almost always sold out.

Not true, they actually play a lot of medium-sized venues like theatres and they're almost always sold out.

Well that's really changed my view of the new album, my confidence is restored to towering new levels!

• Like 1

If you all want to be ignorant, be my guest. All I know us I'm gonna be enjoying this new record when it comes out. Edited by fraroc
  • Like 2

So those two original members left, neither of those were extremely "main" members per say, correct?

If you all want to be ignorant, be my guest. All I know us I'm gonna be enjoying this new record when it comes out.

Boring.

Well let's put it this way...are there many other albums coming out that are worth spending money on? I'm thinking no.

For giving us 40+ years of awesome material, I don't have a problem buying the CD, listening to it once and tossing it on the pile if I don't like it.

Walsh did have vocal problems when I saw them 3 years ago. Not surprised he left.

• Like 2

So those two original members left, neither of those were extremely "main" members per say, correct?

Phil and Rich were two of the main founders of the band along with Steve Walsh, Robby Steinhardt, Kerry Livgren, and Dave Hope.

Honestly, if you really want to get into how the band was founded. The Kansas as we know it to day is technically an amalgamation of two separate bands. One with Kerry Livgren as the leader, and the other one with Steve Walsh, Rich Williams and Phil Ehart.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

Well let's put it this way...are there many other albums coming out that are worth spending money on? I'm thinking no.

For giving us 40+ years of awesome material, I don't have a problem buying the CD, listening to it once and tossing it on the pile if I don't like it.

Walsh did have vocal problems when I saw them 3 years ago. Not surprised he left.

I'm the same. I still have to finish collecting all the albums post-Drastic Measures so...this I will do so eventually and I have reasonably high hopes.

I feel that if they are going to be making a record this late in the game they would only be doing so if they thought they had what it takes to make it worthwhile.

Edited by Segue Myles

I'm gonna get it simply for completion. if i enjoy it.......bonus man.

Mick

I'm past the need to complete discographies.

Thank Styx for that. I wouldn't buy Kilroy for a penny, and from that album on they aren't really the band I fell in love with.

Kansas on the other hand have only ever released enjoyable records, obviously some a lot more so than others.

Mick

Thank Styx for that. I wouldn't buy Kilroy for a penny, and from that album on they aren't really the band I fell in love with.

Kansas on the other hand have only ever released enjoyable records, obviously some a lot more so than others.

yea buti been collecting them since i was 15.

i can't have an empty space now, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

True but I doubt this album is going to be another Kilroy.

I've even softened somewhat to The Astonishing. I love the passion the band has for it in interviews ive read recently so I see the record a lot differently.

Kilroy is just unforgivable!

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I've even softened somewhat to The Astonishing. I love the passion the band has for it in interviews ive read recently so I see the record a lot differently.

i'm telling ya.......TA is not the crime people portray it is.

it's rep is the product of butt hurt fans, lol

it is the best.......never.

horrible.......no either.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

i'm telling ya.......TA is not the crime people portray it is.

it's rep is the product of butt hurt fans, lol

it is the best.......never.

horrible.......no either.

Mick

Musically and lyrically my hate for it is not a product of anything but the fact I genuinely hate it.