NEW KANSAS ALBUM: The Prelude Implicit

Segue Myles

It got so much better second time around

I was too swift with my initial judgement

you did. it's more Kansas then Kansas has been in years.

and the singer is getting better too.

i love this.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I'm stunned they came out with THIS so late in their career.

and barely an oringinal guy in sight, lol

had about six listens so far........best record they've done in years.

We'll see what happens months in bu

5/5

not a track i don't like.

Mick

• Like 2

i love this.

Mick

Yeah! I've not listened to Kansas in ages so I'm putting my initial judgement mostly down to a lack of excitement for this and also because I'm just so into Sonata Arctica I forgot what other music sounds like haha

• Like 1

i love this.

Mick

Yeah! I've not listened to Kansas in ages so I'm putting my initial judgement mostly down to a lack of excitement for this and also because I'm just so into Sonata Arctica I forgot what other music sounds like haha

trust me i was right there with you. you could have held my excitment in your hand it was so tiny.

but wow. this is a treat.

not to get on you. but i read your thoughts then heard the album......i was like.......is he deaf, lol

loved it right off.

Mick

Wow, this is really good. Lots of swirling organ & swooping fiddle.

The only song that sucks, on first listen, is The Unsung Heroes, a damp, lachrymose, limp-wank of a power ballad, with X-Factoresque vocals. Horrible.

But, the rest is great.

I'm not really a fan of that song either just because I think Refugee was better.

Ronnie Platt really sounds like a Steve Walsh/John Elefante hybrid.

• Like 1

Wow, this is really good. Lots of swirling organ & swooping fiddle.

The only song that sucks, on first listen, is The Unsung Heroes, a damp, lachrymose, limp-wank of a power ballad, with X-Factoresque vocals. Horrible.

But, the rest is great.

I'm not really a fan of that song either just because I think Refugee was better.

Ronnie Platt really sounds like a Steve Walsh/John Elefante hybrid.

i wasn't sold on him at first.......but he get's better every listen.

Mick

I'll have to give this one a listen...although I actually haven't heard anything post-Monolith, so it'll be odd hearing them with such a radically different lineup....

...now that Dorothy and Toto aren't in Kansas anymore :syrinx:

62c75936d45d473f20bac4c3be4785b6.jpg

Oh you need to grab the Elefante ones Vintl Confessions and Drastic Measures and Power as well.

Listening right now on Amazon Prime and am pretty sure I will order a copy. It's way better than I had hoped for. How do they still sound like Kansas with basically almost no original members? Is it the violin, LOL!?
  • Like 1

Listening right now on Amazon Prime and am pretty sure I will order a copy. It's way better than I had hoped for. How do they still sound like Kansas with basically almost no original members? Is it the violin, LOL!?

Well they still have Ehart and Williams, those guys were kind of the unsung backbone of the band behind the more noticeable band members Livgren, Walsh and Steinhardt.

• Like 2

this basically new band is more Kansas then Kansas has been in a long time.

it's kinda funny, lol

Mick

• Like 3

this basically new band is more Kansas then Kansas has been in a long time.

it's kinda funny, lol

Mick

This is what I am saying, lol

• Like 1

Can I just say how amazing David Ragsdale's violin playing is? This album pretty much shows why I think he was always better than Robby.

He's only previously played on one Kansas album though and that's the one with the most grating, unlistenable opening track in their catalogue, probably why I never play it. So I never hear him.

Edited by treeduck

Can I just say how amazing David Ragsdale's violin playing is? This album pretty much shows why I think he was always better than Robby.

He's only previously played on one Kansas album though and that's the one with the most grating, unlistenable opening track in their catalogue, probably why I never play it. So I never hear him.

WHAT THE FUCK??? I CAN FLY IS A KICKASS SONG!!

And Freaks Of Nature is a kickass album too. My third favorite behind Leftoverture and POKR.

Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1

And Freaks Of Nature is a kickass album too. My third favorite behind Leftoverture and POKR.

Your opinion isn't the only right one mate haha

Walsh sounds like he sang that one on the toilet during a really severe case of constipation.

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

You aren't even a Kansas fan and you basically cry like a little brat every time someone reminds you that Cheap Trick are duller than your one word posts

No I do not.

Can we not start this nonsense again?

I would say you started whatever is going on now.

• Like 3

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

You aren't even a Kansas fan and you basically cry like a little brat every time someone reminds you that Cheap Trick are duller than your one word posts

No I do not.

:laughing guy:

Mick

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

I've got it on good authority that Tick is going to join KANSAS in time for the tour! Which will make them an 8 piece band. He'll be playing Pan Pipes, flugelhorn and will also perform background gargling and Riverboat Gambling piano.

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

I've got it on good authority that Tick is going to join KANSAS in time for the tour! Which will make them an 8 piece band. He'll be playing Pan Pipes, flugelhorn and will also perform background gargling and Riverboat Gambling piano.

I'm waiting for the call!

Kansas Live, Two For The Show might quite possibly be my favorite album of all time!

• Like 1