What kind of toothbrush do you use??

treeduck

Healthy gums are supposed to bleed.

So they say.

Does everyone here floss?

Bleeding gums can also be a sign that you have Gingivitis.

Yep, it's not a good thing at all.

That's good news because my gums don't bleed at all. See? :D

• Like 1

So they say.

Yup. Agree. Not good.

• Like 1

So they say.

Let's face it It's not good thing when you bleed anywhere! Blood is supposed to stay on the inside!

I floss most of the time. I think it's supposed to be for your gums, but I mostly do it because it feels like I have food stuck between my teeth! :o ! I use the free toothbrushes my dentist gives out- I think they might be Oral B ones ??

I never got a free toothbrush from my dentist. Probably because I wasn't willing to put myself in debt for $5,000 for unnecessary work. I didn't like him at all. I'm looking for a new one when I'm due to go again.

That sounds like a good idea. When we lived in Colorado, a coworker suggested a dentist when an old filling fell out and he was like that. He fixed the filling but told me I needed 3000.00 more work. I didn't like him so didn't return but after we moved I found a new guy and he said my bite was a little bit off, but "if it's not broke don't fix it." It seems to be OK 30 yrs later. :)

• Like 1

Hey, Treeduck, quite the thread! :yes: Who would ever have thought it would be such a success? :cheers:

I need 64 more pages yet before I'm satisfied!

I may find another castle for you so we can have Lorraine's new home Part 2.

• Like 1

I floss most of the time. I think it's supposed to be for your gums, but I mostly do it because it feels like I have food stuck between my teeth! :o ! I use the free toothbrushes my dentist gives out- I think they might be Oral B ones ??

I never got a free toothbrush from my dentist. Probably because I wasn't willing to put myself in debt for $5,000 for unnecessary work. I didn't like him at all. I'm looking for a new one when I'm due to go again.

That sounds like a good idea. When we lived in Colorado, a coworker suggested a dentist when an old filling fell out and he was like that. He fixed the filling but told me I needed 3000.00 more work. I didn't like him so didn't return but after we moved I found a new guy and he said my bite was a little bit off, but "if it's not broke don't fix it." It seems to be OK 30 yrs later. :)

Thanks for reminding me. He told me i had an awful bite too. Who cares at this point in my life what kind of bite I have? :LOL:

• Like 1

Do you think Colgate brushes are better than Oral B?

My last one was a Superdrug one. I have another one spare and I also have a Tesco one. This is just in case I have an accident like dropping it down the loo or something.

We have spares in the bathroom cupboard for the same reason.

I think our current ones are Colgate.

• Like 1

Damn,

I have four good fishing friends who are dentists. They would do it for free and give you some floss and a toothbrush at no cost. In fact, I have an appointment next week.

• Like 1

Thanks for reminding me. He told me i had an awful bite too. Who cares at this point in my life what kind of bite I have? :LOL:

What did he say was wrong with your bite?

He said, as loud as anything: You're bite is AWFUL!!!

And then walked away. :huh:

No Kidding !! That is pretty unprofessional, in my opinion. Way to make the patient feel comfortable, Dr. Dentist! :o

• Like 2

What a moron! Never go back again.

• Like 2

No Kidding !! That is pretty unprofessional, in my opinion. Way to make the patient feel comfortable, Dr. Dentist! :o

Yeah,

And you wonder why a lot of people do not go.

• Like 2

Phillips Sonicare. Not sure what model. I got it for Christmas and it cleans like crazy.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-dam/b2c/ohc-platform/master/toothbrushes/PC02_images/all_models.png

• Like 2

What does it mean though?? And what difference does it make? Does it mean you can't handle a chocolate bar??

:huh:

I don't know what difference it makes. My mother started dragging me to dentists when I was about six, and no dentist ever mentioned it to me before this one.

Like I said, I was very dissatisfied with him and his staff. The man who did the intensive gum cleaning on me kept complaining that his arm hurt because he had to work so hard on my mouth.

Can you believe it?

Phillips Sonicare. Not sure what model. I got it for Christmas and it cleans like crazy.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-dam/b2c/ohc-platform/master/toothbrushes/PC02_images/all_models.png

They're supposed to be really good on plaque and cleaning the gum line.

Are the bristles really hard?

What does it mean though?? And what difference does it make? Does it mean you can't handle a chocolate bar??

I don't know what difference it makes. My mother started dragging me to dentists when I was about six, and no dentist ever mentioned it to me before this one.

Like I said, I was very dissatisfied with him and his staff. The man who did the intensive gum cleaning on me kept complaining that his arm hurt because he had to work so hard on my mouth.

Can you believe it?

Sounds like a quack!

• Like 4

Can you believe it?

:o :o Not in the running for Dental office of the year !!

• Like 2

Can you believe it?

Lorraine you need to listen to the TOTO song Lorraine!

• Like 1

Can you believe it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMJwNl6Fw4

I never heard that before. Nice piano in it!! :) I really liked the last 90 or so seconds of the song.

Can you believe it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjMJwNl6Fw4

I never heard that before. Nice piano in it!! :) I really liked the last 90 or so seconds of the song.

And now you know TOTO have been obsessed with you since 1979!

• Like 1