The Official Fallout Thread

Permanent-Rush

I played so much Fallout 4 it was getting ridiculous. I can't even bring myself to play any of the DLC yet because I'm still burnt out on it. I had built a garage and stored 35 full power armors in it. I decked out Sanctuary with a stupid house that went as high as the game would let me. I rigged up an insane amount of generators and made animated signs and shit.

I can't go back, man.

• Like 1

I played so much Fallout 4 it was getting ridiculous. I can't even bring myself to play any of the DLC yet because I'm still burnt out on it. I had built a garage and stored 35 full power armors in it. I decked out Sanctuary with a stupid house that went as high as the game would let me. I rigged up an insane amount of generators and made animated signs and shit.

I can't go back, man.

Wow!

I spent more hours than any person should playing New Vegas. Five full playthroughs, probably beat every single quest, plus loads of messing around with console commands.

And you know what? There's still one thing I want to try doing in the game. I'll let y'all know how it works out.

Fallout 3 was the same but fewer playthroughs (keeps crashing on modern hardware....ugh)

Fallout 1 and 2 are classics. Lots of great content in both games.

As for Fallout 4, my machine can barely run the thing so I'm gonna wait awhile before diving head-first into it.

• Like 1

Not a fan of Fallout 4, I'm a hipster who likes things the old ways sometimes so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

If you haven't checked out F3 or New Vegas yet, gogogogogo they are incredible, New Vegas especially. And if you find you really like those, try out Fallout 1 and 2, If you can get past the clunkiness and general age of the first two do it, they are the deepest, best role playing games I've ever played

Not a fan of Fallout 4, I'm a hipster who likes things the old ways sometimes so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Why?

I feel like it strayed too much from New Vegas and the original Fallouts, the combat system is great, but beyond that it feels like the roleplaying elements were watered down, like the skill system and the dialogue system, the story of the other Fallouts were a lot deeper, with more player choice as well.

Really it's a matter of opinion, 4 focuses a lot more on the action side of things, whereas 1, 2 and New Vegas focused a lot on roleplaying aspects.

Why?

I feel like it strayed too much from New Vegas and the original Fallouts, the combat system is great, but beyond that it feels like the roleplaying elements were watered down, like the skill system and the dialogue system, the story of the other Fallouts were a lot deeper, with more player choice as well.

Really it's a matter of opinion, 4 focuses a lot more on the action side of things, whereas 1, 2 and New Vegas focused a lot on roleplaying aspects.

Okay.

I completely agree that the main story of 4 is the weakest of the series and that New Vegas is the best, but the side quests, crafting, and exploration of 4 make it way better than 3 to me. It's the one that felt the most rewarding when I just randomly set out in a direction and did my own thing. Finding the robots on the pirate ship for example! That has to be one of my favorite Fallout moments ever.
  • Like 1