Favorite Genre Of Music?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Music Genre

• Rock/Hard Rock/Soft Rock/Pop Rock
    • Any Kind Of Metal(Ex: Heavy,Power,Thrash)
    • Alternative/Grunge
    • Punk/Punk Rock
    • New Wave/Indie
    • Classical
    • Glam Rock/Metal/Hair Rock/Metal
    • Pop/Dance/Electronic/Techno/Trance,Etc
    • R&B/Soul/Funk
    • Hip Hop/Rap/Rap Rock
    • Prog Rock/Metal
    • All Of Them/Can't Decide/Don't Care

I'm just gonna say guitar based music. I love music in general but 95% of my collection is rock and metal.

Believe it or not I hardly own any pop.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Hard Rock or Alternative. Basically, heavier guitar-based music. Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

I like what I like. I listen mostly to classic rock and jazz, but also enjoy classical and certain country, punk, prog, and electronica bands/songs. Very little from the past decade of rock or pop appeals to me.
  • Like 4

I'm just gonna say guitar based music. I love music in general but 95% of my collection is rock and metal.

I'm in the same boat. For me, genre doesn't really matter cause I care most about liking it or not. Most of my music collection is guitar/bass lead music but aside from that, the next common genre on my music collection is Electronic/Ambient/Noise (I combined the three cause the recordings I own of that scene fall under all three genres simultaneously.)

• Like 1

Anything in general that isn't played on the radio. Radio music might as well be just another commercial to me.

When there were record stores, I frequently bought a bunch of CDs and got occassional comments of 'my, you have quite a range of tastes'. Why thank you. I try.

I don't try to explain it...either it catches my ears as interesting or it doesn't.

• Like 3

Love the originality of some members just......Rush, lol

i kid i kid.

I like a little oif it all. cause my moods and tastes shift constantly

faves though

1. Hard rock/Rock

2. Pop/Soft Rock

3. Blues

4. Prog

5. Metal and it's offshoots.

6. Rap/hip hop

I like Sprinklings of New wave and country

Punk is probly my least fav. or at least down the list.

Folk is good too

Mick

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. For me, genre doesn't really matter cause I care most about liking it or not. Most of my music collection is guitar/bass lead music but aside from that, the next common genre on my music collection is Electronic/Ambient/Noise (I combined the three cause the recordings I own of that scene fall under all three genres simultaneously.)

I've noticed your taste now is very similar to my musical tastes circa 2006-08. I love your musical choices!

• Like 1

yea i guess you can call me in that boat as well. Genre really doesn't matter to me.

Used to be i didn't listen to rap. but that was down to years and years and years of public brainwashing telling me rap is worthless. i listened it really isn't IMO.

Always stay open to everything people. never ever become set.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

• Like 1

yea i guess you can call me in that boat as well. Genre really doesn't matter to me.

Used to be i didn't listen to rap. but that was down to years and years and years of public brainwashing telling me rap is worthless. i listened it really isn't IMO.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Five years ago I never could have foreseen my leaving hardcore, punk, goth, extreme metal (and yes, pop metal) for AOR, prog or pop rock bands like Bon Jovi or Toto.

So glad I expanded my horizons! I have the most eclectic music taste of anyone I know in my circle and I just love it.

It's why I can't help but yell at the elitist boring snobs on this forum who scoff. I'd like them to try and enjoy bands like Decapitated or early Carcass like I can after a binge of eighties cheese. Idiots always calling me out...total idiots.

You can see I put a wasp nest in my underpants.

• Like 2

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Five years ago I never could have foreseen my leaving hardcore, punk, goth, extreme metal (and yes, pop metal) for AOR, prog or pop rock bands like Bon Jovi or Toto.

So glad I expanded my horizons! I have the most eclectic music taste of anyone I know in my circle and I just love it.

It's why I can't help but yell at the elitist boring snobs on this forum who scoff. I'd like them to try and enjoy bands like Decapitated or early Carcass like I can after a binge of eighties cheese. Idiots always calling me out...total idiots.

well you do you........and it's only them who are missing out right, lol

If any of the forum members came to my room right now......they'd cry, lol

playing Eminem.......very loudly with the window open, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Are you being sarcastic? Or is this post ironic? :huh:

Progressive rock and metal. Also other genres of metal like doom and atmospheric metal but they generally have progressive elements too. The prog genre is so wide that it spreads across a lot of other genres as well which is great :)
  • Like 1

Metal and rock mainly.

But I let some pop, country and rap slip in here and there. Usually that is older stuff though. Not too keen on the modern stuff those genres have to offer.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Lesson over, lol

Mick

Are you being sarcastic? Or is this post ironic? :huh:

There really are wasps in my underpants!

By the way I actually really like Cheap Trick...I don't get what makes them special but I am enjoying them!

• Like 1

Lesson over, lol

Mick

I have abuddy who's a really smart guy...well-read and well-travelled. Yet he says he hates jazz. Like all jazz. It really confounds me.

Lesson over, lol

Mick

I have abuddy who's a really smart guy...well-read and well-travelled. Yet he says he hates jazz. Like all jazz. It really confounds me.

That does surprise me...

My dad's a bit like that but he likes the smooth stuff, the sort you get in fancy restaurants.

I used to really dislike country. But that's all in the past.

I can't think of a single style of music I do not like on some level...