Orpheus Chamber Orchestra; Minnesota Beethoven Festival

Saturday night, I had the pleasure of attending the opening concert of the 2016 Minnesota Beethoven Festival.

The much-praised Orpheus Chamber Orchestra earned many standing ovations for their concert, which was all about Ludwig van:

Beethoven: Coriolan Overture

Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3 (featuring Japanese phenom pianist Nobuyuki Tsujii)

Encore by Mr. Tsujii: Beethoven: Sonata Pathetique, Mvt 2. and Gerswin's Prelude

Intermission

Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 :haz: :haz:

The Orpheus Chamber Orchestra has no traditional conductor. They employ a more democratic method of conducting their music. They don't miss a note or beat! They were spectacular!!

And finally witnessing the 5th Symphony in person was incredible! Let me tell ya..... Ludwig van Beethoven ROCKS!! :D :D

13517688_1138774569478062_2849887309145248814_o.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't know about this festival, but do appreciate classic music too.

Great picture. :D

The Minnesota Beethoven Festival has attracted some big name musicians from around the world in the past ten years. I got to see Yo Yo Ma and Branford Marsalis, who were both great. The Los Angeles Guitar Quartet was also a highlight.

The best performance that I've seen was the Minnesota Orchestra performing Beethoven's 9th Symphony, with full chorus. That was the longest standing ovation I've ever been in! :ebert:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1