Verena

Skirts and dresses are totally my thing. I want to go no-pants this summer but it probably won't work out that way--shorts are just too convenient. :LOL:

Skirts with floral prints have really been my jam lately. I've been wanting to get more (I own a frilly, pastel, knee-length one) but I'm kinda broke. Oh well. Still pretty to look at in stores, I guess. :)

• Like 2

Skirts and dresses are totally my thing. I want to go no-pants this summer but it probably won't work out that way--shorts are just too convenient. :LOL:

Skirts with floral prints have really been my jam lately. I've been wanting to get more (I own a frilly, pastel, knee-length one) but I'm kinda broke. Oh well. Still pretty to look at in stores, I guess. :)

Haunt the thrift shops. You'd be surprised the quality skirts women get rid of.

• Like 2

There aren't any good secondhand places around here but I haven't looked super far. I hear that a good trick is to go to thrift stores in richer neighborhoods because they get rid of designer stuff more often?

Edited by Day of Light

There aren't any good secondhand places around here but I haven't looked super far. I hear that a good trick is to go to thrift stores in richer neighborhoods because they get rid of designer stuff more often?

I find them in just regular second-hand stores. I've even found wool shirts that were custom made. I wear a very small size, so I get lucky often. If I wore a size 8 or 10, I wouldn't have a lot of luck because that's a common size.

• Like 1

I find them in just regular second-hand stores. I've even found wool shirts that were custom made. I wear a very small size, so I get lucky often. If I wore a size 8 or 10, I wouldn't have a lot of luck because that's a common size.

Yeah, sometimes people get rid of clothes they just used once or twice and they are from good fabrics or brands.

• Like 2

My personal favourites are crinkle gypsy skirts. Really full ones.

I have some 12 yard skirts. 25 yard looks amazing! That's next on my wish list...

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m7beyXM98h1KZ9Zq0U4on3g.jpg

Edited by Garden Dancer
  • Like 3

I have some 12 yard skirts. 25 yard looks amazing! That's next on my wish list...

GD, I love those skirts! Forgot all about them.

• Like 1

That looks like something Stevie Nicks would wear.
  • Like 1

That looks like something Stevie Nicks would wear.

(Apparently we're having issues embedding video again.)

Edited by x1yyz