Clockwork Angels: The Graphic Novel LIMITED EDITION Signed By 3

robertrobyn

When you said signed by three, for a minute I thought you meant the band; but for a graphic novel, creator, artist and author make way more sense. It looks really nice- enjoy! :)

Got one. No idea it was coming. And no mention of it in the last newsletter that can recall. Doesn't seem to be a preorder either, so they really sprung it on us, unless it was promoted in the graphic novel market.

I bought one!!!! Had to have!!

https://www.rushback...ed-edition.html

I was just told by RBC that no matter what you pay $19.99 S/H per book. WOW!!!

I wonder if that's to deter bulk orders--I almost got two, then saw 39.98 shipping and backed up. Scalpers on eBay will just tack it onto the price hike, so it really isn't a deterrent for them. Just those of us who might want to gift one (like I was planning to do).

Oh, and of course there's already someone selling 2 of these for $300 each, even though it's still $80 on the rush website store and not sold out yet.

Edited by HalfwayToGone

Wow, these things are selling like hot cakes. Last week's moldy hot cakes, that is. Still a few suckers on eBay managed to pay well over $100 too much for this while it's still not sold out for the original retail price. Having received one, a couple of things worth mentioning for anyone still on the fence--first this is a graphic novel put out by a different publisher than the regular novels, and thus it's basically a very high end comic book much like what came with the 2112 special edition, but much, much longer. Second, since it's a different publisher, the slipcase is not the same linen covered case that the novels/other NP books all came with. It does have some sort of texture to it, but it's very easy to get smudges on it, and mine already had some from being handled when they packed it--there is NO shrink wrap to prevent that. It was completely unsealed and just wrapped in a big bubble wrap pouch which was taped closed with ordinary clear packing tape. I haven't bothered getting the graphic novel in its original form, and haven't read this yet, so I can't give a review of the content. I just looked at the signature plate to see which number I got (34/500).
  • Like 1

I don't know how much KJA had to do with this version or whether he just gets credit for writing the original story it was based on. It may be all Nick Robles doing the heavy lifting on this one. That would explain why BOOM! published it instead of ECW, but I suppose KJA could have been involved in adapting the novel to comic book form, and maybe ECW licensed the publishing rights to BOOM!. I just haven't gotten a chance to really sit and take a close look at the book yet, so I'm totally speculating.

I picked one up as well. Love the album and the concept.

Wow, these things are selling like hot cakes. Last week's moldy hot cakes, that is. Still a few suckers on eBay managed to pay well over $100 too much for this while it's still not sold out for the original retail price. Having received one, a couple of things worth mentioning for anyone still on the fence--first this is a graphic novel put out by a different publisher than the regular novels, and thus it's basically a very high end comic book much like what came with the 2112 special edition, but much, much longer. Second, since it's a different publisher, the slipcase is not the same linen covered case that the novels/other NP books all came with. It does have some sort of texture to it, but it's very easy to get smudges on it, and mine already had some from being handled when they packed it--there is NO shrink wrap to prevent that. It was completely unsealed and just wrapped in a big bubble wrap pouch which was taped closed with ordinary clear packing tape. I haven't bothered getting the graphic novel in its original form, and haven't read this yet, so I can't give a review of the content. I just looked at the signature plate to see which number I got (34/500).

Thanks for the review. Wasn't into 2112 re-imagined because of all the art. If I was into the art, I might have been interested. Just don't like the style is all.

I thought the 2112 one was pretty representative of modern comic book art. I briefly got into collecting comic books in the 90s, which sucks mostly, because they were flooding the market at the time, and very few titles from that era are worth anything. Curses on Frank Miller for doing such a great take on Batman that he sucked me into it. Back to Nick Robles, though, like I said, it's on par. Nothing groundbreaking or brilliantly innovative, but it looks as good as most books being put out these days. Actual quality of the physical book for the 2112 release was where it was really excellent--beautiful print quality and they used good paper, hardcover, etc. At some point, I'll crack this open and read through it soon.

I thought the 2112 one was pretty representative of modern comic book art. I briefly got into collecting comic books in the 90s, which sucks mostly, because they were flooding the market at the time, and very few titles from that era are worth anything. Curses on Frank Miller for doing such a great take on Batman that he sucked me into it. Back to Nick Robles, though, like I said, it's on par. Nothing groundbreaking or brilliantly innovative, but it looks as good as most books being put out these days. Actual quality of the physical book for the 2112 release was where it was really excellent--beautiful print quality and they used good paper, hardcover, etc. At some point, I'll crack this open and read through it soon.

I agree the quality of the materials on the 2112 reissue was pretty cool. It was the whole revisionist concept that didn't grab me.

I've never really been a comic book guy. As far as Rush goes I just have that Defenders issue and a few of those unauthorized biographical ones.

Non Rush, I can't even think of any that I have other than the Watchmen which I thought was pretty cool conceptually.