RIP Aerosmith 1970-2018

fraroc

Aerosmith was absolutely one of the BEST rock bands in the early days. Right at the top all time. I am not too interested in seeing them now. But I do have tickets to Steven Tyler's solo tour at the Sony Centre in Toronto. I believe he will be mixing songs with stories from his career. Should be pretty entertaining.
  • Like 1

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing is one of my favourite pop songs.

It's f***ing hideous, a true abomination........

Early Aerosmith are almost peerless, their first four albums and the live "Night at the Ruts" are indispensable...

The big mistake they made was coming off the smack and going clean, because it seems their songwriting ability went south without it.

I would never ask anyone to stick too addiction in order to please my music taste.

Good on them for getting clean and good on them for releasing whatever they wanted too.

I love that song and I am glad they are healthy.

CAPTAIN! WE HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR FAILURE!

I THINK SHE'S GONNA BLOW!

Early Aerosmith are almost peerless, their first four albums and the live "Night at the Ruts" are indispensable...

The big mistake they made was coming off the smack and going clean, because it seems their songwriting ability went south without it.

that is awful.

yea die for better music bro!!!!!!!!!!

rawk!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :fury: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz: :haz:

Mick

ANOTHER SENSE OF HUMOUR FAILURE CAPTAIN........SHE CANNA TAKE MUCH MORE!

IMO Aerosmith had epic highs and awful lows both before and after rehab. My top two albums of theirs are Pump and Get Your Wings, go figure. And if you want repetitive and boring, I'd turn to the filler on side 2 of Toys before Livin' On The Edge. I'd also be hard pressed to say You See Me Cryin' is a better ballad than just plain Cryin' or What It Takes. They were rock masters in both eras.

I think you should change that to 1970-1989.

So, you can honestly say that there aren't any good songs on Get A Grip or Nine Lives?

Too many bloated ballads like Crazy, Amazing, Cryin' (they used to do one at the most) and repetitive boring songs like Livin' on the Edge. I do like Eat the Rich, Get a Grip, Fever and Flesh but overall it's an album I can't listen to all the way though. Nine Lives I don't like at all. except maybe the second song.

You don't like Taste Of India?

If anything marked the end of the band it was I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. Sure they were getting ballad heavy at that time but none of them were as horrible as that song. They were never the same after that abomination.

And after that Tyler went on American Idol and became a complete joke, now he's doing country albums and looking a complete dork with that wispy beard.

Agreed!

I would never ask anyone to stick too addiction in order to please my music taste.

Good on them for getting clean and good on them for releasing whatever they wanted too.

The funny thing about humour is that it's supposed to be funny.

THANK THE ROCK LORD ABOVE AND THE ROLL DEVIL BELOW!!!!

ADIOS!!!!

I've wasted enough money seeing them live since fukking "Permanent Vacation." Even then they sucked!!!

I saw the "PUMP" Tour too! The best thing about that night was that SKID ROW blew that overrated Boston band off the stage!!!!!!!

Once Aerosmith signed with GEFFEN it was all downhill!!!!

Now Tyler I mean TYLERNOL (because he gives me a fuckking headache when he opens up his Mick Jagger mouth) sings country!!! Another copycat JON BON JOVI??? REALLY???

THAT AT&T commercial with Jon Bon Jovi is the best song he has done since "WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE!!"

Tyler and Jovi both suck.

Aerosmith is one of the most overrated bands in the world. Joe Perry isn't even in my TOP 50 guitar players.

I saw Bob Dylan open for Aerosmith once. It was one of the worst concerts I have ever seen in my life.

Thank God I saw John Carpenter last Friday.

You guys can jack off to your has been rockers.

I will come to something that is on a higher plane of musical integrity.

• Like 1

Take your own advice then :-)

They are a fantastic live act. Last time I saw them live was on the double bill tour they did with Kiss. They f***ing killed it!!!

But that was the last time I saw them. I have not cared for their output post Pump.....lost touch with them after Eat The Rich....they got really sappy.

But live they have never disappointed me.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Die.

Jk Jk

I'm like Dr jekyll and Mr Hyde at the minute. Sorry for being so flipping touchy!

Die.

Jk Jk

I'm like Dr jekyll and Mr Hyde at the minute. Sorry for being so flipping touchy!

FFS I'm not some delicate little flower that'll get all huffy at a bit of banter.

Die.

Jk Jk

FFS I'm not some delicate little flower that'll get all huffy at a bit of banter.

Can you please give us that banter slower, Squiffy?

Die.

Jk Jk

Can you please give us that banter slower, Squiffy?

Monty Python stopped being relevant 30 years ago.....darling.