A Capella / Vocal Overdubbing

Mr. Not

I listened to Alice Cooper's "Special Forces" a few days back, and when listening to "You Look Good in Rags" it dawned on me that I've never heard an acapella that I didn't like... I'm sure Alice was being entirely comedic when he decided they should add this into the song, he's not comedy rock but humor so often seeps into his music... There's no way Alice put it in thinking it was the best they could do, he probably wrote the entire thing on the fly and said "this will get an interesting response from the critics". I feel like this acapella should suck, but I love it.

Here's the mentioned RAG RAG RAG RAG acapella I'm talking about for those of you aren't familiar with it:

And one of my favorite uses of vocal overdubbing is found in Porcupine Tree's "Mellotron Scratch". I can't put that song on with out thinking, "I can't wait to get to the song's outro."

There's also this other group that made a lot of songs which made use of a capella, they were really hot in the 60's. Their name escapes me at the moment, but they're best known for their hits "Women in Reasonably Revealing Bikinis, How Wonderful!", "Eating Cheeseburgers at a Drive In", "Surfing Is Cool", "Fun, Fun, Fun", "I Really Love Girls", "Driving My Camaro Convertible", "Be True To Your School", "I Have a Girlfriend", and a few others.

This one is my favorite by them though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPL5OXSBNE

Edited by Mr. Not