Eli Roth to direct Death Wish reboot with Bruce Willis

Disembodied Spirit

Brad Pitt is the most overrated actor of this age. Seriously don't get how a handsome face is enough to win over critics.

It's a Hollywood tradition

Robert Redford and Steve McQueen were dreadful actors

If you're going with dreadful actors that were good looking, I would've picked Elvis way before Redford or McQueen. Elvis was absolute crap in movies. He was worse than Pitt ever was! And that's saying a lot for me.

He was even considered for A Star Is Born. I saw that on HBO recently and even though it's a rather mediocre movie, Kirstoferson is a way better actor than the king.

Brad Pitt is the most overrated actor of this age. Seriously don't get how a handsome face is enough to win over critics.

If you're going with dreadful actors that were good looking, I would've picked Elvis way before Redford or McQueen. Elvis was absolute crap in movies. He was worse than Pitt ever was! And that's saying a lot for me.

That's not really a fair comparison, as Elvis was cast based on his popularity as a singer - it was his Q Rating that got him the roles, and I don't think anyone would deny that ..

Robert Redford threw a wet blanket on serious stuff like Three Days Of The Condor

McQueen was good.

• Like 1

That's not really a fair comparison, as Elvis was cast based on his popularity as a singer - it was his Q Rating that got him the roles, and I don't think anyone would deny that ..

Doesn't matter why or how he was cast. The fact is, he kept getting roles. Over 30 films. Only two were documentaries. I'd say that many movie appearances makes him an actor besides being The King.

Doesn't matter why or how he was cast. The fact is, he kept getting roles. Over 30 films. Only two were documentaries. I'd say that many movie appearances makes him an actor besides being The King.

Elvis gave up Rock and roll to become an entertainer.

• Like 1

McQueen was good.

Yeah, he was outstanding in 90% of his roles, that hardly rates as "dreadful". Lucas, I'm not sure where you get that, Bub. You've obviously never seen The Sand Pebbles. Edited by Jack Aubrey
  • Like 1

Heh! Truer words were never spoken!

Heh! Truer words were never spoken!

Yeah I can agree with that. An entertainer who also was an awful actor.

Hey, I thought Eli Roth was going to direct Meg, that's what he said during Shark Week last year anyway. Anyone know if that's still a go project or not? I'm looking forward to it if it ever gets made. Edited by Jack Aubrey

Hey, I thought Eli Roth was going to direct Meg, that's what he said during Shark Week last year anyway. Anyone know if that's still a go project or not? I'm looking forward to it if it ever gets made.

Never heard of Meg. I hope Roth retires from directing and acting within the next few days. It likely won't happen though

Hey, I thought Eli Roth was going to direct Meg, that's what he said during Shark Week last year anyway. Anyone know if that's still a go project or not? I'm looking forward to it if it ever gets made.

Never heard of Meg. I hope Roth retires from directing and acting within the next few days. It likely won't happen though

Just checked IMDB. John Turteltaub is now attached to direct Meg and Jason Statham has landed the lead. Turteltaub directed both of the National Treasure movies. It's about an expedition to the Challenger Deep that discovers Carcharadon Megalodon is not extinct after all. The movie also stars Fan Bingbing. She played Blink in X-Men: Days Of Future Past and is (as you may remember) absolutely flippin' gorgeous!

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Of course it matters ... Elvis was a singer first, and that is how he gained his fanbase - he was cast for box office draw, not his acting chops ..

I seriously doubt you could find a person today that, when asked who Elvis is, would say "That actor"

Redford and McQueen didn't have that other career - they were actors ( and that is being kind )

McQueen was good.

Yeah, he was outstanding in 90% of his roles, that hardly rates as "dreadful". Lucas, I'm not sure where you get that, Bub. You've obviously never seen The Sand Pebbles.

I've seen probably half the films he did, and Sand Pebbles has not been one ... He's unnatural and is stiff in front of the camera, and unless he's being covered by an all-star cast or chase scene, he is as convincing as cardboard