Wot? A Flower? TRF's Garunteed Eternal GENESIS THREAD!

From Genesis To Revelation

You too EP. :)

I agree, but I still doubt it gets much higher than 2nd least great. I could maybe see me ranking it over ...And Then There Were Three (another one I have to revisit), and on a very odd day, over We Can't Dance, but that's really it.

"We Can't Dance" should be at the bottom of everyone's Genesis ranking...it's highs are very high, but it's lows are just dreadful.

Steve Hackett's released a new album, and for once I've actually listened to it!

I quite like it. It can get a little kitchy for my taste in areas, but the playing is phenomenal, the variety of styles and instruments is impressive, the songwriting is high quality, and it contains many moments of absolute prog euphoria. Epic and fun all at once. The production could use a little smoothing out though... just a bit.

http://www.hackettsongs.com/images/album/AtTheEdgeOfLightAlbumCover.jpg

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Just listening to it. WOW! Those Golden Wings is epic!

• Like 1

trespass A-

nursery cryme A

foxtrot A+

selling england A+

the lamb A+

trick A

wind & wuthering B+

and then there were three D+

duke B

abacab C+, B- on a good day

genesis C-

invisible touch D-

we cant dance D-

I have no opinion on their first and final albums

Steve Hackett's released a new album, and for once I've actually listened to it!

I quite like it. It can get a little kitchy for my taste in areas, but the playing is phenomenal, the variety of styles and instruments is impressive, the songwriting is high quality, and it contains many moments of absolute prog euphoria. Epic and fun all at once. The production could use a little smoothing out though... just a bit.

http://www.hackettsongs.com/images/album/AtTheEdgeOfLightAlbumCover.jpg

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Just listening to it. WOW! Those Golden Wings is epic!

I should listen again. It really was a pleasure, might have to pick it up eventually.

I agree, but I still doubt it gets much higher than 2nd least great. I could maybe see me ranking it over ...And Then There Were Three (another one I have to revisit), and on a very odd day, over We Can't Dance, but that's really it.

"We Can't Dance" should be at the bottom of everyone's Genesis ranking...it's highs are very high, but it's lows are just dreadful.

I like it just fine. Sure, it's safe, but it's well-recorded, generally inoffensive, with some stellar tracks like No Son of Mine and Driving the Last Spike (is that what it's called?)
  • Like 1

I like it just fine. Sure, it's safe, but it's well-recorded, generally inoffensive, with some stellar tracks like No Son of Mine and Driving the Last Spike (is that what it's called?)

I agree with this. No Son Of Mine is one of the most moving tracks of Collins' career, Driving The Last Spike not far behind. Dreaming While You Sleep is good as well, and I dig the other hits on it. Just way too many ballads padding out the middle to be as good as Invisible Touch.

I agree with this. No Son Of Mine is one of the most moving tracks of Collins' career, Driving The Last Spike not far behind. Dreaming While You Sleep is good as well, and I dig the other hits on it. Just way too many ballads padding out the middle to be as good as Invisible Touch.

Falls victim to the cd-era trap of putting more songs on there than you need for a good album. Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Falls victim to the cd-era trap of putting more songs on there than you need for a good album.

Meanwhile Steve Hackett's new album is what, 40 something minutes? Good length.

I've liked "Wind & Wuthering" as with the other studio material, when Phil Collins, and Peter Gabriel were the lead singers.