In a wonderful Rush mood now.

apetersvt

House to myself this weekend.

Blaring the Clockwork Angels DVD now. I think ive only watched it a couple of times so its a nice surprise. Love this album. (coming from someone who listens to nothing post GUP)

Heading to Jiffy Lube Live (west of DC) for a show Thursday night (Dead and Company). My last four shows at the venue were all for Rush. More importantly, we had the TRF tailgate. That made the shows so much more magical. What special times we had. I miss you guys. It just wont be the same without you folks (of the couple people who still frequent this place).

• Like 7

One can have a wonderful Rush mood anytime! :rush:

Grace Under Pressure is among their greatest albums. :yes:

Clockwork Angels is technically excellent and modern progressive. The inspiration behind lyrics and the way they've got a history are quite interesting.

All three members gave all they had to make it. It sounds simple, but it's complex without getting boring. :clap: :cheers:

• Like 3

I can see why you like it. It has plenty of riffage similar to the Caress Of Steel era. I love it as well, but it wasn't EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I wanted keyboards to come back in a big way and wanted to production to go back to a cleaner sound rather than that alternative, wall of guitars sound. Something more similar to the Permanent Waves/Pictures era. CA is still my #6 fav Rush album so it's all good. It might be too much to ask at this point, but I so wish Rush would do another record with the classic keyboard sounds.
  • Like 2

I'll take Bald over Mood anytime. I find In the Mood way too corny. Bald maybe has some corn, but Lee's vocal is more wickedly menacing, I like the riff more, I like the drumming more, and the lead work is way more badass. It was good that Rush left all the "hey baby" stuff behind. And "the way you roll them eyes." What does that even mean?
  • Like 2

And "the way you roll them eyes." What does that even mean?

Haven't you ever read one of Zumbi's posts ?

Oh sure, I know what rolling the eyes means in the general sense - it's either the non-verbal equivalent of "oh please" or it's some flirtatious thing. But why is Geddy wanting to tell her all of his lies? At the same time, why is he so interested in finding out "what [she ] knows"? He seems to be admitting that he is a shallow "player," so why would she believe that he has any genuine interest in her at all? I assume we are to understand these lyrics to represent the incoherent ramblings of a drunken idiot in a bar. I don't know . . . those kinds of dudes in bars always make me roll my eyes.

And "the way you roll them eyes." What does that even mean?

Haven't you ever read one of Zumbi's posts ?

Oh sure, I know what rolling the eyes means in the general sense - it's either the non-verbal equivalent of "oh please" or it's some flirtatious thing. But why is Geddy wanting to tell her all of his lies? At the same time, why is he so interested in finding out "what [she ] knows"? He seems to be admitting that he is a shallow "player," so why would she believe that he has any genuine interest in her at all? I assume we are to understand these lyrics to represent the incoherent ramblings of a drunken idiot in a bar. I don't know . . . those kinds of dudes in bars always make me roll my eyes.

I really think Geddy was doing his best to be a good son - and honorable guy

After all, it was only a quarter to eight, yet, the hour is late

He needed to be home by 10, I'm sure, and he was doing everything possible to keep his word

GEDDY = GOOD KID

• Like 2

House to myself this weekend.

Blaring the Clockwork Angels DVD now. I think ive only watched it a couple of times so its a nice surprise. Love this album. (coming from someone who listens to nothing post GUP)

Heading to Jiffy Lube Live (west of DC) for a show Thursday night (Dead and Company). My last four shows at the venue were all for Rush. More importantly, we had the TRF tailgate. That made the shows so much more magical. What special times we had. I miss you guys. It just wont be the same without you folks (of the couple people who still frequent this place).

I've seen RUSH there at least 4 times as well. The first time way back I spent 3 hours getting out of that nightmarish of a parking lot URRH! Great times at that place before it was called Jiffy wasn't it called Nissan Pavillion. Survived the thunder/rainstorm on the S&A tour, partied in parking lot seeing who could come up with the coolest frisbee throws....those were the days.

Huge GUP fan, my #1 RUSH album but lately I'm having a crush on PoW of which I disliked when it came out. I gather I wanted something similar to GUP, I did see that tour 5 times.....ok time to jam Territories.