Classic Rock Magazine Top 10 Rush songs of the 70's

Permanent-Rush

Clickbait.

I guess so, but I never mind reading that Rush is wonderful! :) Like everyone on TRF, though, my choices would probably have been just a bit different . . .

Edited by blueschica

No Natural Science? No TSOR? Has it ever been discussed on this forum if those are songs from the 70's? That sounds like a fresh new topic for debate! Edited by A rocket that ignites itself
  • Like 10

No Natural Science? No TSOR? Has it never been discussed on this forum if those are songs from the 70's? That sounds like a fresh new topic for debate!

What a wonderful idea, someone get to it!

• Like 5

No Natural Science? No TSOR? Has it never been discussed on this forum if those are songs from the 70's? That sounds like a fresh new topic for debate!

What a wonderful idea, someone get to it!

Those songs were written and recorded in the 70s, after all. Not including Permanent Waves songs is so . . . datist.

Edit: surprised to find that datist isn't a word. It should be.

Edit 2: also learned that there is a kind of small antelope called a "dik dik" and that to "dihisce" is to split open or to yawn. Does this information make you want to dihische?

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 5

I'm sure it's been discussed before. Besides, we don't "discuss" anything on TRF. One member posts an opinion, then another member comes along to tell that member how stupid their opinion is.

Is that your opinion? :boo hiss: Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

Everybody has the right to his opinion and has the right to beleive that he own the truth. I am only sure of one thing : I think, so i am or i am nothing!
  • Like 1

I'm sure it's been discussed before. Besides, we don't "discuss" anything on TRF. One member posts an opinion, then another member comes along to tell that member how stupid their opinion is.

Is that your opinion? :boo hiss:

You wouldn't know a good opinion if you read one, Sir!

• Like 2

Well, I certainly haven't spotted any yet :LOL:
  • Like 1

:o

• Like 1

:o

;)
  • Like 1

No Cygnus X-1?

Any list of best Rush without Cygnus X-1 isn't a good one.

Still mostly agree, otherwise, but I'd swap out Lakeside Park, The Trees, and Closer To The Heart in exchange for Cygnus, Something For Nothing, and the Necromancer.

Edited by Eel Yddeg
  • Like 3

I'd replace the Hemispheres title track with either Fountain Of Lamneth or A Farewell To Kings, and swap the rest around.
  • Like 2

The list is decent...I especially like what's at #1. My own personal top 10 would be a b*tch to do. Hemispheres Book II would be way higher. La Villa would be on there. Lakeside Park and The Trees (maybe) wouldn't make the cut.
  • Like 1

Hello, all! Just chiming in to state that Permanent Waves was an '80s album. Carry on...nya%20nya.gif

Tell us something we dont know.

Signals is half great half rubbish.

• Like 1

Hello, all! Just chiming in to state that Permanent Waves was an '80s album. Carry on...nya%20nya.gif

Tell us something we dont know.

Signals is half great half rubbish.

Segue doesn't know how to use a coma?