Listen to the album posted below you

Union 5-3992

I'll start this off. First thing somebody recommends under this, I will listen to. Here are the rules

1. After your first post, you are not allowed to post another album until you've heard the one posted under you.

2. You can make another recommendation once you've confirmed you listened to your album. Give it a score or a review or just comment on it.

3. You have the option to veto 1 album every month. If someone recommends a joke album, you gotta hear it if you've used up your veto. Or you can wait until the first of the next month to use your veto and rejoin. Once you use a veto, you still can't recommend an album until someone gives you a new one to finish.

4. The only albums that are prohibited are the truly atrocious records. Nobody will have to listen to Justin Bieber or something unless you accept the challenge. You don't have to waste your veto if someone gives you a real stinker. An artist like Bieber will be ignored but if someone recommends a generally accepted band that you dislike (like I dislike U2), you would have to use your veto. If someone recommends it again, you're out of luck.
  5. The album below you means the next album to be recommended after you. That way we can keep some sort of order and allow people to have side conversations in the thread without skiping you

Hopefully this topic is good for MOTS and not Grand Designs. I hope this can push some folks out of their comfort zones. When recommending an album, try to challenge some members if you know their tastes. Have fun guys, don't show too much mercy :popcorn:

Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 4

I'll start this off. First thing somebody recommends under this, I will listen to. Here are the rules

1. After your first post, you are not allowed to post another album until you've heard the one posted under you.

2. You can make another recommendation once you've confirmed you listened to your album. Give it a score or a review or just comment on it.

3. You have the option to veto 1 album every month. If someone recommends a joke album, you gotta hear it if you've used up your veto. Or you can wait until the first of the next month to use your veto and rejoin. Once you use a veto, you still can't recommend an album until someone gives you a new one to finish.

4. The only albums that are prohibited are the truly atrocious records. Nobody will have to listen to Justin Bieber or something unless you accept the challenge. You don't have to waste your veto if someone gives you a real stinker. An artist like Bieber will be ignored but if someone recommends a generally accepted band that you dislike (like I dislike U2), you would have to use your veto. If someone recommends it again, you're out of luck.

Hopefully this topic is good for MOTS and not Grand Designs. I hope this can push some folks out of their comfort zones. When recommending an album, try to challenge some members if you know their tastes. Have fun guys, don't show too much mercy :popcorn:

So if someone tell me to listen to a album, I have to go and buy it? :S Wow, this game sounds expensive.....

• Like 1

So if someone tell me to listen to a album, I have to go and buy it? :S Wow, this game sounds expensive.....

I assumed he means listen on Youtube or Spotify or something. Although I guess you could buy it if you're really into the game.

Agent Fresco's "Destrier" is the album I'll post

Edited by LittleRushmonkey
  • Like 2

Youtube doesn't exist in Sweden? Plenty of whole albums are up on that. There's also the "other way" to get them if you know what I mean.

Youtube doesn't exist in Sweden? Plenty of whole albums are up on that. There's also the "other way" to get them if you know what I mean.

I dont listen to music on youtube.

I assumed he means listen on Youtube or Spotify or something. Although I guess you could buy it if you're really into the game.

Agent Fresco's "Destrier" is the album I'll post

I love this thread idea! How about having each choice include the link for listening?

• Like 1

That's too bad. There's a ton of music that can be discovered on it.

• Like 4

The YouTubez are awesome for that. :yes:

I've accessed stuff I would never have heard if not for the Tube. Way better than the days of having to use this...

cassette02.jpg

• Like 3

I like to support my bands/artists. Also the quality stink.

I don't understand how never discovering an artist's music supports them, or how silence is a superior sound quality to what YouTube offers.

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

I like to support my bands/artists.

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about using youtube to discover new artists. Not using it as your only source for listening to music.

• Like 3

I son't understand how never discovering an artist's music supports them, or how silence is a superior sound quality to what YouTube offers.

I dont have silence. I listen to music the real way.... vinyls!

• Like 1

That has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about using youtube to discover new artists. Not using it as your only source for listening to music.

People upload whole albums and full official concerts on youtube, and lots of people use that instead of buying the stuff. Because lots of people dont care about the quality

People upload whole albums and full official concerts on youtube, and lots of people use that instead of buying the stuff. Because lots of people dont care about the quality

I'm aware of that but you're missing my point.

• Like 3

Artists promote themselves on YouTube. Unless you have money to waste in bands/artists you've never heard before, I like to try before I buy.

• Like 3

Artists promote themselves on YouTube. Unless you have money to waste in bands/artists you've never heard before, I like to try before I buy.

I do listen to what artists put on their own channels, and also bootlegs, and also when people are filming with their cameras at concerts. But I do not listen to when people are uploading official stuff.

I do listen to what artists put on their own channels, and also bootlegs, and also when people are filming with their cameras at concerts. But I do not listen to when people are uploading official stuff.

Ahh, this makes sense!

I use Spotify to try new things and buy what I enjoy. What I don't want to buy I just don't listen too (what's the point?).

Why not?

It's fans uploading music of a band they like in hopes getting more people to hear them and like it. What's wrong with that?

Why not?

It's fans uploading music of a band they like in hopes getting more people to hear them and like it. What's wrong with that?

You are talking to a guy who spent thirty quid or something like that to pay someone for a CD-R bootleg...

Why not?

As I said earlier. A lot of people are happy with what is on youtube, so they do not buy the albums. Instead they are listening to it on youtube with stinky quality.

Why not?

As I said earlier. A lot of people are happy with what is on youtube, so they do not buy the albums. Instead they are listening to it on youtube with stinky quality.

Some people genuinely don't have money to burn like you do so they play the music the best way they can and then likely try and see them live.

• Like 1

I do listen to what artists put on their own channels, and also bootlegs, and also when people are filming with their cameras at concerts.

Music stealer!!!!! :o
  • Like 1