Best Song Intros

Lorraine

:wub:

Oh, how i loved that lead singer's looks!!

Ah, those Norwegian genes. In 1990 or thereabouts I traveled from southern Germany to Oslo, Norway. I remember stepping off the train into that bright, northern night and feeling surrounded by tall, beautiful, perfect people :LOL: . I told Lovely Wife that we had somehow magically entered Valhalla...

Edit: Listen to this one instead. At least the person knew enough that the song didn't end when the music fades away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=je4jmKLTC48

:wub: :wub: :wub:

The person knew to do that because these "[band Name] - Topic" channels are automated by Youtube, so it's like a program that does all the work once the rights are worked out :)

Unfortunately not ever band has one of these topic channels because, again, some labels/owners/whatever don't want to let Youtube host the music. Jimi Hendrix music very is hard to find on Youtube and now a lot of Radiohead music is being pulled too :(

• Like 2

I'll do one each for some of my favorite bands. Rush comes first. Hm.......... It's really hard to decide, but I think it comes down to either Fly By Night or La Villa Strangiato. I'll have to Fly By Night, just because it is so nostalgic, how the chords are slightly out of tune to give it a cool edge. Led Zeppelin, also a hard one, but I think it would have to go to Since I've Been Loving You. Although Stairway has the classic intro, I have to go with this because it is so smooth and sublime, until it builds up to the main song. The Who!!!!! This is a really hard one! There are soooooo many. Here is a short list: Baba O'Riley, Who Are You, Eminence Front, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, Love Reign O'er Me, and My Generation. But out of all of those it comes down to just two: Baba O'Riley and Love Reign O'er Me. Baba is just incredible, and those opening synths are the sound of freedom. But I do have to applaud Love's use of classical piano. I just have to pick Baba, though, just amazing. Jimi Hendrix! All Along The Watchtower and Machine Gun come to mind. Machine Gun is the best for Jimi, because of how awesome and iconic it is. And finally, the best band for intros (in my opinion), Pink Floyd. There are so many it would take another post to list them all. Here is a compiled list: Astronomy Domine, One Of These Days, Echoes, Time, Great Gig, Shine On, Wish You Were Here, Dogs, Pigs, Sheep, and many, many more. Out of all of these I can reduce it to five: One Of These Days, Echoes, Shine On, Wish You Were Here, and Sheep. OoTD is really awesome, with the reverse cymbals and bass, Echoes is a master of buildup, as well as Shine On, and WYWH has a great guitar solo, and Sheep is keyboard wizardry. Overall, though, the grand prize goes to Echoes, for best intro by Pink Floyd, and best intro OF ALL TIME. I love how it just starts out with the single high noise, and it slowly builds up to the wonderful first line, "Overhead the albatross, hangs motionless upon the air, and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves." Thanks to anyone who read this whole post!!!
  • Like 2

I've been itching to listen to that album lately. It will be the first time I've heard it in probably thirty or more years but have been reluctant to take the plunge on account of memories.

Guess today is the day! :madra:

• Like 3

I've been itching to listen to that album lately. It will be the first time I've heard it in probably thirty or more years but have been reluctant to take the plunge on account of memories.

Guess today is the day! :madra:

I understand and I also have a lot of albums that bring up memories both good and bad.

This is a great album that I put on today. I'm spending the day in the kitchen baking cakes.... Block party tomorrow and I'm in charge of cakes.

• Like 1

Listening to Carry On now.

How I used to love to sing along with them!

Rejoice!

Rejoice!

We have no choice

but to carry on

THIS !!!

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3