I am SO happy. I completed a personal quest today!

RobK

For YEARS I have been looking for early 70s Heil HM88 mixer. My very first band recorded our demo on one back in 19… well you never mind that detail. A few weeks ago someone in Detroit answered my "looking for" craigslist ad and I was able to acquire this one, in VERY poor condition. I actually think this a prototype (fingers crossed for big money on this one!! :drool:) because it's missing a few features and looks different than the mass market version, it has no serial number and there are other tells that this is "earlier". Can't find out ANYTHING about this online.

http://www.robkmusic.com/misc/HM88_prototypeSM.jpg

Anyway, few days ago I finally found someone selling the mass-market model in outstanding condition in Boston. It arrived today!!!

http://www.robkmusic.com/misc/HM88SM.jpg

I'm super excited to finally have one again. I LOVE vintage gear, especially from my childhood.

• Like 3

How fun to now have both of them to play with! I bet it will be interesting to see what you find out about the top one. Keep us posted! Edited by blueschica

Nice!

Is that line only or does it have mic pres?

Nice!

Is that line only or does it have mic pres?

I'm honestly not sure. I looks like just line level, but I'm going to open them up after I get my work area cleaned up and see what's going in inside. There are no schematics available anywhere I can find. The individual channel strips are going on Ebay for about $50-$80 each so that makes me wonder.

I also contacted Heil Sound regarding the top one. Waiting to see if they can help me.

Edited by RobK