Copa America 2016

alphseeker

Congrats to a gutsy U.S. team to hold of Paraguay while down a man and win the group to advance. But my sympathies to the U.S team and every other team because Argentina is going to wipe their butt with their jerseys - Messi comes in in the 67th minute and scores a hat trick??? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
  • Like 2

Obrigado! Gracias! and Thanks! for starting a dedicated thread for la Copa, Rhyv! The Centenario! :dweez:

There have been some great matches so far. The US team won its group due in part to a great effort by Team Tico of Costa Rica against Colombia. I watched a replay of that one this morning at 3AM. Personally, I'm pulling for México, but you're right that Messi's Argentina team will be tough to beat.

• Like 1

Messi comes in in the 67th minute and scores a hat trick??? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Here's video of his play. The first goal came from an accidental pass off his teammate's face! :laughing guy: (3:45)

https://www.youtube....h?v=ql-SBVPml8E

(5:40) the long free-kick :notworthy:

(7:12) Footwork slashing through the defense for the hat trick :clap:

(8:20) Sharing the wealth with his teammates...the Messi assist :7up:

Found a great call in Spanish of the first Messi goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT1XHkZ3HAs :D An example of why I watch in Spanish.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Messi comes in in the 67th minute and scores a hat trick??? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Found a great call in Spanish of the first Messi goal: https://www.youtube....v=fT1XHkZ3HAs :D An example of why I watch in Spanish.

Messi Messi Messi Messi G- G - G - G - G- G- G - GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL :LOL:
  • Like 1

Found a great call in Spanish of the first Messi goal: https://www.youtube....v=fT1XHkZ3HAs :D An example of why I watch in Spanish.

Messi Messi Messi Messi G- G - G - G - G- G- G - GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL :LOL:

Classic!

I can't believe Brazil isn't advancing! Even after beating Haiti 7-1 they still don't advance.

Speaking of Haiti, if you are in the mood for some humor, go watch their highlights!

Group A this year was crap. United States looked like Sheffield United from English Division One, Colombia looked like Peterborough United, and the rest of the group just looked plain awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the USA got knocked out by Ecuador and Colombia got knocked out by Peru.

Argentina practically have the tournament in the bag. With Brazil out of the way and Mexico being the only opponent that has even a remote chance of beating them, there's no way they aren't winning this. Especially with Messi, Di Maria, Aguero, Rojo, and Romero in net. Oh yeah, and Biglia too. Heck, with this team, they could win the World Cup in 2018!

• Like 1

I can't believe Brazil isn't advancing! Even after beating Haiti 7-1 they still don't advance.

Speaking of Haiti, if you are in the mood for some humor, go watch their highlights!

Group A this year was crap. United States looked like Sheffield United from English Division One, Colombia looked like Peterborough United, and the rest of the group just looked plain awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the USA got knocked out by Ecuador and Colombia got knocked out by Peru.

Argentina practically have the tournament in the bag. With Brazil out of the way and Mexico being the only opponent that has even a remote chance of beating them, there's no way they aren't winning this. Especially with Messi, Di Maria, Aguero, Rojo, and Romero in net. Oh yeah, and Biglia too. Heck, with this team, they could win the World Cup in 2018!

:goodone:

Argentina looks head and shoulders above the rest of the competition.

• Like 1

Brazil isn't a greater team anymore. New players and talents need to be prepared.

The coach must have selectd two or three others who aren't there too.

It happens...

• Like 1

Brazil isn't a greater team anymore. New players and talents need to be prepared.

It happens...

Strange to have a nation like Brasil have such a long period of weak teams. A strong Brasil is good for soccer...
  • Like 1

It happens...

Strange to have a nation like Brasil have such a long period of weak teams. A strong Brasil is good for soccer...

Yeah, the could be stronger.

Brazil team had generations of great talents, people who had the soccer feeling and lot of training.

Not anymore. :huh:

What I dislike: players "busy in other stuff", instead of training and dedicating themselves to the sport. No good.

New risk taking coaches are necessary too.

Dunga is too plain.

Of course we all need life. Leisure.

But...

Edited by rhyv

¡México está jugando ahora mismo! Pero...

Venezuela va ganando 1-0. :(

¡Vamos México!

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/47/26/44/10316048/3/920x920.jpg

• Like 1

It happens...

True...I hear Neymar is injured though and that's contributing to it...I might be wrong (I don't really follow that much of La Liga) but he's injured, right?

• Like 2

It happens...

True...I hear Neymar is injured though and that's contributing to it...I might be wrong (I don't really follow that much of La Liga) but he's injured, right?

Yep...went down in the Colombia game...

• Like 1

Venezuelan keeper Hernandez had two amazing saves on a Mexico free-kick @74:00!!!! Dang it!!! Edited by goose

It happens...

Barcelona didn't allow Neymar to play Copa America, probably for the reason you said.

Neymar is great, but Brazilian team can't only count on him.

He's only one person, the team needs more great players.

Barcelona didn't allow Neymar to play Copa America, probably for the reason you said.

True, but he was definitely a significant help to the Brazilian team...

• Like 1

True, but he was definitely a significant help to the Brazilian team...

I agree. Other players feel safer when Neymar is around.

Good match from Chile today. Argentina taking it to Bolivia, 2-0 early. Their first goal was off a free kick that 1) wasn't a foul, and 2) ending up going in when a Bolivian player deflected it the opposite direction that his keeper was going. The next goal came pretty quickly, and now things are getting physical. This is partly in response to all the Argentine diving.
  • Like 1

TV ratings-wise. Copa America is far out drawing the Euro Championship...like 6:1.

Games starting at 8am, 11am and 2pm vs 6pm and 9pm? Unfair fight. That said, I think I'll watch the Chile-Mexico match on Saturday. :ph34r:
  • Like 1