Copa America 2016

alphseeker

Gooooool....Arrrrrrrrrgentina!!!!!

Commentary from the US commentator: "The beginning of a half is the worst time to give up a goal." :eh:

(This is the right place for this, right?)

Gooooool....Arrrrrrrrrgentina!!!!!

Commentary from the US commentator: "The beginning of a half is the worst time to give up a goal." :eh:

(This is the right place for this, right?)

The same thing in American football, IMHO. You can sometimes win a game after halftime, if you come out of the locker room on fire.

That goal by Messi, I just saw the highlight, was some Nintendo shit, right there. The goalie has 0 chance of stopping that.

• Like 2

Argentina X Chile next Sunday. They can play in equality. It'll be tough. :yes:

Should be a great match! Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Senor Lopes, por favor, Senor Lopes. (a little Benny Hill never hurts) Experts seem to think that playing 10 on 10 may help Messi's cause, but I believe it will be more beneficial to the freewheeling team from Chile. Anyhow, on to the second half. :popcorn:

Wow. Way to go Chile! I can't help but feel bad for Messi though. Still hasn't won a major tournament and he's arguably the best player in the world.

God i hate PK's - No not PK. PK's are just as stupid as ending a game 7 tied world series with with a home run derby - Complete stupidity. They have no place in a championship Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

God i hate PK's - No not PK. PK's are just as stupid as ending a game 7 tied world series with with a home run derby - Complete stupidity. They have no place in a championship

Golden goal guy, eh? They tried that and moved away from it because it looked like a 5 minute overtime in hockey. I think penalty kicks are a better way to decide things than what they did back in the 70's. I still remember the Gornik-Roma semifinal of the Cup Winner's Cup, where after three tied games, the coin was flipped, declaring the Polish side as the victors.

God i hate PK's - No not PK. PK's are just as stupid as ending a game 7 tied world series with with a home run derby - Complete stupidity. They have no place in a championship

Golden goal guy, eh? They tried that and moved away from it because it looked like a 5 minute overtime in hockey. I think penalty kicks are a better way to decide things than what they did back in the 70's. I still remember the Gornik-Roma semifinal of the Cup Winner's Cup, where after three tied games, the coin was flipped, declaring the Polish side as the victors.

Never would have expected that from a NHL lover. Sudden death even into the fifth period is the best. - UEFA / COPA and World Cup could have some sort of setup where after the extra period they allow more substitutions also reduce the number of players etc... something to increase the possibility of a Golden Goal. The problem is Chile takes full advantage of the Shootout, they play for it hacking the crap out of Messi - They take zero risks all game, BORING as hell, proof is the shots on goal 18-4 Argentina, then Chile takes their chances in the shootout, two years in a row. - I'm sorry but that's not championship caliber soccer. Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Never would have expected that from a NHL lover. Sudden death even into the fifth period is the best. - UEFA / COPA and World Cup could have some sort of setup where after the extra period they allow more substitutions also reduce the number of players etc... something to increase the possibility of a Golden Goal. The problem is Chile takes full advantage of the Shootout, they play for it hacking the crap out of Messi - They take zero risks all game, BORING as hell, proof is the shots on goal 18-4 Argentina, then Chile takes their chances in the shootout, two years in a row. - I'm sorry but that's not championship caliber soccer.

Playing on and on is unrealistic in soccer, especially in a one-game playoff format. Say France takes out Iceland in regulation and Germany and Italy go into 5 overtimes. It would be totally unfair in a tournament like Euro 2016. I'm afraid penalties will have to remain. I will agree however, that in a final, you can let yourself go and introduce the golden goal or some other things.
  • Like 1

Never would have expected that from a NHL lover. Sudden death even into the fifth period is the best. - UEFA / COPA and World Cup could have some sort of setup where after the extra period they allow more substitutions also reduce the number of players etc... something to increase the possibility of a Golden Goal. The problem is Chile takes full advantage of the Shootout, they play for it hacking the crap out of Messi - They take zero risks all game, BORING as hell, proof is the shots on goal 18-4 Argentina, then Chile takes their chances in the shootout, two years in a row. - I'm sorry but that's not championship caliber soccer.

Playing on and on is unrealistic in soccer, especially in a one-game playoff format. Say France takes out Iceland in regulation and Germany and Italy go into 5 overtimes. It would be totally unfair in a tournament like Euro 2016. I'm afraid penalties will have to remain. I will agree however, that in a final, you can let yourself go and introduce the golden goal or some other things.

I should have clarified that - I do agree it should only be in the final -
  • Like 1