Copa America 2016

alphseeker

TV ratings-wise. Copa America is far out drawing the Euro Championship...like 6:1.

Games starting at 8am, 11am and 2pm vs 6pm and 9pm? Unfair fight. That said, I think I'll watch the Chile-Mexico match on Saturday. :ph34r:

Watching England-Wales right now!

As for ratings, not only the time difference, but the teams. U.S. & Mexico are a huge audience draw, as opposed to "Nowhereslovakistan".

USA = 2 --- Ecuador = 1.

USA follows next round. :cheers:

:dweez: Who can stand in our way?!?!?

;)

• Like 2

USA = 2 --- Ecuador = 1.

;)

Two things - First, losing two starting players to yellow cards for Argentina and Second;

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/Wallpapersxl%20God%20Of%20War%20Lionel%20Messi%20Fc%20Barcelona%20Photo%20366446%201440x900_zpsv7x03egu.jpg

I love the way Chile plays football. Quick passes, quick decisions... Chile 1 Mexico 0 so far... :cool:

I was a little concerned how Chile started sitting on the lead, letting Mexico dictate the tempo...no worries, 2-0 Chile. :chickendance:

I love the way Chile plays football. Quick passes, quick decisions... Chile 1 Mexico 0 so far... :cool:

I was a little concerned how Chile started sitting on the lead, letting Mexico dictate the tempo...no worries, 2-0 Chile. :chickendance:

Make it 3-0. This is starting to look like that playground game we saw between Germany and Brazil in the World Cup semi. :D-13:
  • Like 1

Make it 3-0. This is starting to look like that playground game we saw between Germany and Brazil in the World Cup semi. :D-13:

4-0 :rose: :16ton: :rose:

Empty net. :LOL: 5-0

6-0 :bitchslap: The only problem for Chile is that Vidal won't be able to play in the semifinal game, because of yellow cards.

6-0 :bitchslap: The only problem for Chile is that Vidal won't be able to play in the semifinal game, because of yellow cards.

6-1... Sorry, I was just putting you on, 7-0 :whip:

6-1... Sorry, I was just putting you on, 7-0 :whip:

I just saw this final! :wtf:

I'm thrilled for the USA making the Semi's for the first time in 21 years but now I hope Messi scores 5 goals against them because I am sick of these idiot critics saying, Messi will never be the best ever because he's never had a successful National team. :wtf: Edited by alphseeker

I'm thrilled for the USA making the Semi's for the first time in 21 years but now I hope Messi scores 5 goals against them because I am sick of these idiot critics saying, Messi will never be the best ever because he's never had a successful National team. :wtf:

I think this "best ever" stuff is overrated. I'd rather be just one of the eleven that won a championship than be called one of the best that never win anything, meaning I'd rather be Hjalmarsson than Lundquist. And besides, getting to the final of a World Cup and losing is quite an accomplishment in my book. There are scores of players who would kill to be in that position.
  • Like 1

USA = 2 --- Ecuador = 1.

Two things - First, losing two starting players to yellow cards for Argentina ...

More on the three US players who will be suspended during the Argentina match...

The three absences will be rough on the U.S., who have leaned very heavily on all of them in this tournament. Jones has been a physical force in the midfield, with a Man of the Match performance against Costa Rica. Bedoya's all-around play has been spectacular and his defensive work against Ecuador, helping cover an out-of-position Matt Besler at left, was the key to the Americans' defensive strategy. Meanwhile Wood has grown into a dangerous striker, not only scoring a goal in the tournament, but also holding the ball up, making runs to open space for opponents and serving as a vital outlet for the U.S. when they are under pressure.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

USA = 2 --- Ecuador = 1.

Two things - First, losing two starting players to yellow cards for Argentina ...

More on the three US players who will be suspended during the Argentina match...

The three absences will be rough on the U.S., who have leaned very heavily on all of them in this tournament. Jones has been a physical force in the midfield, with a Man of the Match performance against Costa Rica. Bedoya's all-around play has been spectacular and his defensive work against Ecuador, helping cover an out-of-position Matt Besler at left, was the key to the Americans' defensive strategy. Meanwhile Wood has grown into a dangerous striker, not only scoring a goal in the tournament, but also holding the ball up, making runs to open space for opponents and serving as a vital outlet for the U.S. when they are under pressure.

Translation: Messi Hat Trick
  • Like 2

Excellent call!

• Like 1

Excellent call!

I didn't know that the game would end in almost exact same score. but you could see Chile carving up Mexico. Marking was horrible. Forwards left all alone in the penalty box time after time. It was going to be a slaughter.

I can't believe Brazil isn't advancing! Even after beating Haiti 7-1 they still don't advance.

Speaking of Haiti, if you are in the mood for some humor, go watch their highlights!

Group A this year was crap. United States looked like Sheffield United from English Division One, Colombia looked like Peterborough United, and the rest of the group just looked plain awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the USA got knocked out by Ecuador and Colombia got knocked out by Peru.

Argentina practically have the tournament in the bag. With Brazil out of the way and Mexico being the only opponent that has even a remote chance of beating them, there's no way they aren't winning this. Especially with Messi, Di Maria, Aguero, Rojo, and Romero in net. Oh yeah, and Biglia too. Heck, with this team, they could win the World Cup in 2018!

Brazil isn't a greater team anymore. New players and talents need to be prepared.

The coach must have selectd two or three others who aren't there too.

It happens...

True...I hear Neymar is injured though and that's contributing to it...I might be wrong (I don't really follow that much of La Liga) but he's injured, right?

Yep...went down in the Colombia game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvNPUrP5NOA

That is from the world cup in 2014

• Like 1

I can't believe Brazil isn't advancing! Even after beating Haiti 7-1 they still don't advance.

Speaking of Haiti, if you are in the mood for some humor, go watch their highlights!

Group A this year was crap. United States looked like Sheffield United from English Division One, Colombia looked like Peterborough United, and the rest of the group just looked plain awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the USA got knocked out by Ecuador and Colombia got knocked out by Peru.

Argentina practically have the tournament in the bag. With Brazil out of the way and Mexico being the only opponent that has even a remote chance of beating them, there's no way they aren't winning this. Especially with Messi, Di Maria, Aguero, Rojo, and Romero in net. Oh yeah, and Biglia too. Heck, with this team, they could win the World Cup in 2018!

Brazil isn't a greater team anymore. New players and talents need to be prepared.

The coach must have selectd two or three others who aren't there too.

It happens...

True...I hear Neymar is injured though and that's contributing to it...I might be wrong (I don't really follow that much of La Liga) but he's injured, right?

Yep...went down in the Colombia game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvNPUrP5NOA

That is from the world cup in 2014

Yeah.