Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Paul Mccartney.

The new album sent me off.

i feel lucky to still have paul making albums.

my first was in late 92. it was Flowers in the Dirt. that was still the newest one at the time.

2018 and i'm STILL album to enjoy new music from one of my favs.

and he's still making enjoyable records to boot.

Mick

Machine Head

I've been craving there music for days but kept putting them to one side. I often see them cited as thrash metal. I've never really considered them that, although their music is full of thrash elements and influences. If they are "thrash", which is a label I don't like as fans of thrash have such strict guidelines for what they want bands to sound like, then Machine Head are far and away the greatest.

I just think of them as heavy metal. Which is a label I feel is underused these days.

Anyway, The Blackening, Burn My Eyes, Bloodstones And Diamonds, Unto The Locust...this band have so many classic albums that I can actually forget the trash they have released (a very forgivable 2 and a half duds (I quite like Catharsis)).

Machine Head are so bloody precious.

• Like 1

Today I can't get enough of Jimmy Eat World. Expected a Thrice kick but after playing the new album I felt an urge to get back to Jimmy.

It's not a band. i've just been into musicals.

The new Thrice album is my first dip back into "normal" music.

it was ok.....but it's leading me to appreciate their work again.

Mick

I think its better than Beggars, which I give a 7/10.

• Like 1

Metallica. I’ve been listening to Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All this week and enjoying them way more than I ever did before.

Excellent! Kill Em All is currently leaving me cold but I normally love it.

What do you think of Puppets?

Metallica. I’ve been listening to Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning and And Justice For All this week and enjoying them way more than I ever did before.

I should have added that one too. I'm in a Metallica mood, so I'm really enjoying it right now.

I should have added that one too. I'm in a Metallica mood, so I'm really enjoying it right now.

Terrific! If I have a complaint...Lars is not a great drummer...

Of the pre black album stuff, I think Ride the Lightning is my favorite.

I've heard that about Lars. I don't pick it up myself though. I have really not paid enough attention to Kirk though. His playing is fantastic.

AJFA is getting a 30th anniversary reissue this fall. You heard And Justice For Jason? It’s on Youtube and adds the bass parts the band took out.

• Like 1

Played some Styx today...not sure that counts as an obsession as I was ready when they finished to put them away again.

ABBA could be my next obsession. I put on Super Trouper tonight and loved it so bloody much. I want more!

• Like 1

Lars is well aware of this. He's admitted in interviews he's no master of the kit. The only album he really tries on is Justice. Honestly, what songs would have been taken to a level better than they already are on those first five albums if Lars was a great drummer? I can't think of any. They're all fine the way they are.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I’m having a small obsession with Foo Fighters. I watched some of their live concert from Atlanta Saturday night and they are on my bucket list to see in concert. I had a couple songs on my iPod and I bought a couple more songs yesterday.
  • Like 2

I’m having a small obsession with Foo Fighters. I watched some of their live concert from Atlanta Saturday night and they are on my bucket list to see in concert. I had a couple songs on my iPod and I bought a couple more songs yesterday.

Great live band. Saw them on the Wasting Light tour in 2011. They violated the building curfew by at least 45 mins. They haven't been booked to play here since lol.

• Like 2