Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Elton John. Especially "Funeral/Love Lies Bleeding".

My goodness, why did he never do another Funeral? That's easily one of the greatest instrumental workouts in rock music.

one of the best album openers ever, IMO.

Elton flirts with prog.......just a bit, lol

Mick

prog should've flirted back, they could've hit it off.

Yellow Brick Road was the first Elton album i got as a kid after i became aware he had a career before the 90's, lol. I heard love lies bleeding and was blown back and thought was this his 70's sound? was a bit disappointed there were no more elton "mini epics". it fit him well.

Mick

• Like 1

Elton John. Especially "Funeral/Love Lies Bleeding".

My goodness, why did he never do another Funeral? That's easily one of the greatest instrumental workouts in rock music.

one of the best album openers ever, IMO.

Elton flirts with prog.......just a bit, lol

Mick

prog should've flirted back, they could've hit it off.

Yellow Brick Road was the first Elton album i got as a kid after i became aware he had a career before the 90's, lol. I heard love lies bleeding and was blown back and thought was this his 70's sound? was a bit disappointed there were no more elton "mini epics". it fit him well.

Mick

Yeah. I think that was the first Elton album I heard as well, although it must've been right around the time I got my dad a box set of his CDs with a bunch of his other 70s albums. For whatever reason I think I wasn't surprised there weren't more tracks like Funeral/Love Lies Bleeding, but I was surprised as heck like you when I first heard it. "This is the same guy who does Tiny Dancer, right?"

• Like 1

the sword, ghost, the atomic bitchwax

THE SWOOOOOOOORD!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Still Cheap Trick

i know i used to give Rerushed shit about this band but seriously that was me giving him a hard time, lol

they really are a great fukking band. they have really low lows. but their highs are really REALLY insanely high.

Mick

Today I am all about Machine Head.

Oh my god they are so bloody amazing, easily my favourite US metal band ever! (Sorry Mastodon...your post-Blood Mountain output doesn't do much for me).

System of a Down. A band I never thought I would like, but love now.

Black Sabbath. but only their first 5 albums, plan on going through them all though.

Sabatoge, Heaven And Hell, and Mob Rules should be your next steps.

• Like 1

Still Cheap Trick

i know i used to give Rerushed shit about this band but seriously that was me giving him a hard time, lol

they really are a great fukking band. they have really low lows. but their highs are really REALLY insanely high.

Mick

Cool.

Type O Negative

Paradise Lost

Lacuna Coil

HIM

These four bands are my go too at the moment. I love gothic metal.

Pearl Jam. They have pretty much been my favorite band for years now and there are times I take a break from listening to them and then when I start listening again, it sounds new all over again. I have signed up on Sirius XM to listen to Pearl Jam radio (as well as other radio stations) and I love it. They have been playing shows recently, they played 2 hometown shows (Seattle) and raised 11 million dollars for the homeless, which I think is awesome. Here's Kick out the Jams from Seattle show 2 with Kim Thayil from Soundgarden:

Edited by Leanne

The Joy Formidable. Love them. If you like Pixies, The Wedding Present, Nirvana type bands -- (soft-loud-soft-louder) -- with a bit of occasional shoegaze mixed in, like these other bands mixed with MBV, you'll probably like TJF.

Ejemples:

From second album:

From first album:

Edited by Rutlefan

The new album from Mystery (Canada) is the best fukkin' prog release this year. Believe me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q44Z2_k9myc

I looked these guys up on Wikipedia and have noticed that they've changed singers three times. How much has their sound changed because of that?

Sorry man, I haven't checked out their other releases yet. They're pretty new to me. I read a review about the album and decided to give it a shot. After a few spins I can definitely say that it's easy in my top three for 2018 (if not higher). Fantastic prog with a lot of sense for melodies and great hooks. Just WOW!

Greta van Fleet

Led Zeppelin-esque? Undeniably. Too Led Zeppelin-esque? To each his own, but not to me. Besides, getting this kind of music out of guys this young these days is hard to come by and quite frankly very refreshing.

Greta van Fleet

Led Zeppelin-esque? Undeniably. Too Led Zeppelin-esque? To each his own, but not to me. Besides, getting this kind of music out of guys this young these days is hard to come by and quite frankly very refreshing.

Agreed.

This band and YYNot have very promising careers ahead of them!

• Like 1

Alter Bridge

There latest album, The Last Hero, is currently ranking high on my playlist. It's not everyone's favourite but song for song I love it absolutely.

• Like 1

Skyharbor. This board would dig 'em.

CLICK IT!

http://youtu.be/yEY7KsmIC8c

the CLICK IT! in caps convinced me to check out this video. It kicks serious ass, and I now have their collection in iTunes

atta boy. I even got my girlfriend addicted to them and she's not a prog metal fan by any stretch.

Greta van Fleet

Agreed.

This band and YYNot have very promising careers ahead of them!

My two top non-Rush bands at the moment!