Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Only metal I am currently hooked on is Trivium.

Then:

Fleetwood Mac

Bruce Springsteen

Tom Petty (mostly his solo stuff)

Stevie Nicks

• Like 1

Trivium (perhaps the first true heavy metal band I loved)

Killswitch Engage (A band I love and admire)

Mastodon (my vote for greatest American metal band of all time, especially the first four albums)

Metallica (Worthy of the attention they receive but far from the greatest metal I have ever heard)

Lamb Of God (HEAVY and the groove in their sound is addictive and devastating)

• Like 3

Mastodon (my vote for greatest American metal band of all time, especially the first four albums)

Metallica (Worthy of the attention they receive but far from the greatest metal I have ever heard)

Killswitch... Listened to them years back.... when I was in my metal phase ( late 90's - early 2000's )

• Like 1

Killswitch... Listened to them years back.... when I was in my metal phase ( late 90's - early 2000's )

You listened to them during their peak. After As Daylight Dies (in 2006), they stayed consistent but not great. Just very good.

Nightwish - more specifically, the live releases with Floor on vocals. Wow, she is a force of nature. I've always liked them but she's taken them to another level for me.

I was at the Wembley gig.

I love Floor, but they played it safe with her on EFMB. Hopefully they will use her to her full potential next time around!

Not that I minded. EFMB is one of my very favourite albums!

Nightwish - more specifically, the live releases with Floor on vocals. Wow, she is a force of nature. I've always liked them but she's taken them to another level for me.

I remember - jealous! We saw them at Brixton on the previous tour but I really wish we'd gone to Wembley as well. Agree about EFMB - I think that material is much better live. But it's the way she sings the older songs that I'm into at the moment. The version of Ghost Love Score on Showtime, Storytime is just amazing, and Storytime itself (which is my favourite Nightwish song anyway) is even better.

• Like 1

I remember - jealous! We saw them at Brixton on the previous tour but I really wish we'd gone to Wembley as well. Agree about EFMB - I think that material is much better live. But it's the way she sings the older songs that I'm into at the moment. The version of Ghost Love Score on Showtime, Storytime is just amazing, and Storytime itself (which is my favourite Nightwish song anyway) is even better.

Her stage presence is perfect for the band. I have never seen them look more unified!

• Like 1

I still have an obsession with Arcade Fire and it won’t go away! I have listened to other bands/artists but I wind up going back to them. I’ve even started posting on their Reddit board...(this obsession will end sometime, I promise!) :)
  • Like 1