Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

I am obsessing over a solo artist - Jade Jackson. She sounds like a seasoned veteran on her debut album Gilded.

A wonderful singer. A surprisingly effective songwriter.

She's a great example of great country music. Introspective lyrics, flowing melodies, sincere singing. Tons of cross appeal.

The entire album is traditional but challenging and comfortable.

My favorite song is "Bridges".

Check it out.

I saw a Silverchair video on Stingray and I was immediately hooked. Too bad they broke up. Everyone compares them to Nirvana and the vocalist (Daniel Johns) looks like Kurt Cobain's love child. He is absolutely gorgeous. Why the hell did Natalie Imbruglia let a guy like that slip away? Things I will never understand.

http://youtu.be/8KHwuOtcALQ

A lot of other bands in the 1990s and 2000s were influenced by Nirvana. Bush was almost a direct ripoff.

Daniel Johns homosexuality probably had something to do with it.

Prefer Silverchair over Bush.

Edited by condemned2bfree

I love Pulp, and Jarvis Cocker is one of the most underrated performers ever

Different Class is one of my all time favorite albums

Yeah I appreciate and like them now. Back in the day my ex g friend was fanatical about them, which put me off. I always thought Jarvis was a bit of a perv, lurking around in cupboards watching ladies getting undressed lol. I suppose he is :LOL:

Still there are some cracking classics with Pulp, great lyrics tunes. And Jarvis does have something about him, here is is wresting a wild animal -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tG3M2beGY

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 1

I used to be a huge Paramore fan, but I lost interest in them because they never tour here.

I also discovered Halestorm, which I like a lot better than Paramore.

I have only seen 2 women play a double-necked guitar: Lita Ford and Lzzy Hale.

• Like 1

It's been an odd mix lately.

Steven Wilson

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Yes

U2

Phish

Been playing these artists nearly constantly at work. Just now getting to listening to some Grateful Dead SBDs I downloaded a month ago that I've been meaning to listen to.

• Like 1

Newest obsession. Welsh trio. Three albums, a few EPs, all great. I could have picked twenty great tracks from YT. I'll roll the dice and pick these two. Kick butt live. I'm happily married but admit I have a bit of a crush on the lass! Watch her perform live, she's fantastic!

• Like 1

Newest obsession. Welsh trio. Three albums, a few EPs, all great. I could have picked twenty great tracks from YT. I'll roll the dice and pick these two. Kick butt live. I'm happily married but admit I have a bit of a crush on the lass! Watch her perform live, she's fantastic!

I like them a lot. Very, VERY underrated here in the UK.

• Like 1