Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Genesis (a long time favorite that is pushing into my elite 6-7 bands)

Van Halen (an 80's high school favorite that I am revisiting)

Jethro Tull (another long time friend that I am catching up with)

(and I should add, all with some influence of this forum!)

Edited by cygnify
  • Like 3

Paradise Lost

Sonata Arctica

HIM (who sadly announced yesterday that they are breaking up after more than two decades *sob sob*)

• Like 1

Current obsession, Ukraine's Dakh Daughters. I love everything about it. Seven actresses that decided to be musicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCgZh-nczY

A metal obsession from India:

The Down Troddence

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 1

My regular post-Green pre-Lyndsey Fleetwood Mac listenfest.

Those albums are amazing. Ridiculously ignored.

I don't think they are all that really...but I like how FM have so many eras you can have ten fans in one room and have almost none in agreement as to what is the best work!

• Like 2

I don't think they are all that really...but I like how FM have so many eras you can have ten fans in one room and have almost none in agreement as to what is the best work!

Not ignored by Macheads, for sure.

I dont really have a obsession on any band/artist right now. I am listening to very mix stuff.

From Lita Ford/The Runaways to Frank Zappa to The Beatles to David Bowie and some Marillion.

I like that to be honest.

I still take a break from Rush tho..... Have not listened to them for a long time.

• Like 1

This band sort of. Not into them lyrically, which seem an attempt to either shock or communicate a very socially-retarded worldview, or some of both, but I love the sound. Some of the tunes are even kind of catchy. Anyway, I like that they're not safe. Takes me back to artists like Iggy Pop, Butthole Surfers, etc. that took on sensibilities of their time while still being good (it's easy to be shocking and suck). Oddly, Sean Lennon co-produced their second (most recent) album. He met them by chance in a NY bar. He didn’t know who they were but figured they could use some help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNt_qq6N7o

Edited by Rutlefan

For about a month it was Alcest, but as of today right now there's nothing in particular. Trying to be more varied and also trying out "new" stuff. I'm trying to keep the "new" metal discoveries at a minimum as I want to venture off more into non-metal music cause I think it's for my own good.

That said, this past week I've been listening to a lot of Frank Zappa recently thanks to Mick and Union and starting to venture off my own w/his stuff (I'll be listening to Sheik Yerbouti later tonight), this alt/shoegaze/indie rock band from Indiana called

and the controversial metal act
. Edited by PolarizeMe

I'm trying to keep the "new" metal discoveries at a minimum as I want to venture off more into non-metal music cause I think it's for my own good.

This is not a good choice.....

Just trying to help...

I'm trying to keep the "new" metal discoveries at a minimum as I want to venture off more into non-metal music cause I think it's for my own good.

Just trying to help...

I've been stuck in a metal phase for almost 3 years now and it's been the "dominating" genre of the music I listen to for just as long it's almost become routine. But now I don't think it's good for me to be stuck in that mode and my ears need a change of pace for the next few days. But it's not like I'm heading towards slowly phasing out all metal cold turkey, and not that I would even want to either (Full of Hell's got a new album in May that I need in my life), it's just that I've been a methodical listener for as long as I can remember and would plan on what I listen to by band, genre, etc. and the past few days I've been trying to break out of that convention of listening and trying to be more varied with what I listen to each day genre-wise. On a "normal" kind of listening day where my playlist is Converge, Dillinger and Botch (all metalcore/mathcore), today I listened to Techno Animal (illbient/hip hop), Wolves In The Throne Room (black metal) and Throbbing Gristle (early industrial).

And also, I've become consciously aware of being one sided as far as mostly listening to newer and contemporary bands while appearing to neglect older acts at times and putting stuff I want to explore and tap into aside because I've been stuck in my metal mode that I want to break out of that habit. I had a brief flirtation w/early ambient and industrial music like early Tangerine Dream, Throbbing Gristle and Hunting Lodge that I want tap more into and aside from Zappa, there's a bunch of older, more seasoned, and beloved bands such as King Crimson that I can't say I listen to much yet either because I A) Don't know where to start or B) Am too distracted by what I'm obsessed with to even put time for said band. And in the case w/KC it's the latter.

• Like 1

Just trying to help...

I've been stuck in a metal phase for almost 3 years now and it's been the "dominating" genre of the music I listen to for just as long it's almost become routine. But now I don't think it's good for me to be stuck in that mode and my ears need a change of pace for the next few days. But it's not like I'm heading towards slowly phasing out all metal cold turkey, and not that I would even want to either (Full of Hell's got a new album in May that I need in my life), it's just that I've been a methodical listener for as long as I can remember and would plan on what I listen to by band, genre, etc. and the past few days I've been trying to break out of that convention of listening and trying to be more varied with what I listen to each day genre-wise. On a "normal" kind of listening day where my playlist is Converge, Dillinger and Botch (all metalcore/mathcore), today I listened to Techno Animal (illbient/hip hop), Wolves In The Throne Room (black metal) and Throbbing Gristle (early industrial).

And also, I've become consciously aware of being one sided as far as mostly listening to newer and contemporary bands while appearing to neglect older acts at times and putting stuff I want to explore and tap into aside because I've been stuck in my metal mode that I want to break out of that habit. I had a brief flirtation w/early ambient and industrial music like early Tangerine Dream, Throbbing Gristle and Hunting Lodge that I want tap more into and aside from Zappa, there's a bunch of older, more seasoned, and beloved bands such as King Crimson that I can't say I listen to much yet either because I A) Don't know where to start or B) Am too distracted by what I'm obsessed with to even put time for said band. And in the case w/KC it's the latter.

Red. Then work your way back.

Just trying to help...

Was mostly kind kidding lol

Still , metal , always the right choice

The bob Welch era is the best IMO.

brilliant run of albums.

Mick

I don't think they are that great...it totally makes sense to me why they didn't make it big during that era.

Exception is Bare Trees.

Just trying to help...

Was mostly kind kidding lol

Still , metal , always the right choice

Oh wow...hahaha, one "flaw" I have is that I do tend to take things quite seriously/literally especially on the web. It's harder to tell when someone's kidding when you all you see is words and not voices. But that new Full of Hell song that came out today...I must've played about 10 times by now cause it's literally only a minute long. :LOL:

I can listen to less metal if I tried, but I can never escape it, hahahaha.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Paradise Lost

As Lions

Mallory Knox

Young Guns

• Like 1

Green Day. I saw them Tuesday night and I have crush on Billie Joe Armstrong.

I saw them last month and they were fantastic as always!

• Like 2