Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

The Artist Formally Known As 74 turned me onto a Beck-athon, and I'm fully into it. He's an amazingly creative guy with a tremendous ear for melody and a keen sense of lyrical rhythm. A real musical alchemist, as well.
  • Like 2

I've never been into the Deadhead scene, but the music is full of really great musicianship.

I was always there for the music more than anything, definitely. Even though there were really neat things about the scene (and there still are, in other communities, into which its spirit has bled over), and even though I definitely looked the part...I always went to Dead shows for the music, over anything else.

• Like 1

Grateful Dead. I heard Terrapin Statio and was just blown away by it. Listened to that song (15+ minutes long) four times in a row before venturing into the rest of their catalogue. I've never been into the Deadhead scene, but the music is full of really great musicianship.

Yep. Me too. I get a Dead jones and I need to hear every note the played. They could be sublime, they could be awful but the good far outstrips the bad. Give me a '73 Playin or a Fall 79 'Scarlet>Fire or an 83 Scarlet>Fire or an Estimated>Eyes or a Dark Star from any era.

I've just been delving into some GD things again over the past few days, for the first time in a little while. Listened to an '83 show that I had never heard before (first night Philly Spectrum, from spring tour. I've had the second night for years, but never heard the first 'til now), and 2/3/78 from Madison, WI- second set features a sequence of Estimated-> Eyes-> Playin'-> Wheel-> Playin' that goes on for more than 65 minutes.

:drool:

I have rhe Madison show on tape. Tape. Badass. Anytime they jam The Wheel I'm on it.

• Like 1

The Artist Formally Known As 74 turned me onto a Beck-athon, and I'm fully into it. He's an amazingly creative guy with a tremendous ear for melody and a keen sense of lyrical rhythm. A real musical alchemist, as well.

I hate the fact he is a Scientologist. Still he makes great music but I want to like him more.

I hate the fact he is a Scientologist. Still he makes great music but I want to like him more.

I just read that about Beck the other day. I was looking up celeb Scientologists for curiosity reasons.

Grateful Dead. I heard Terrapin Statio and was just blown away by it. Listened to that song (15+ minutes long) four times in a row before venturing into the rest of their catalogue. I've never been into the Deadhead scene, but the music is full of really great musicianship.

Yep. Me too. I get a Dead jones and I need to hear every note the played. They could be sublime, they could be awful but the good far outstrips the bad. Give me a '73 Playin or a Fall 79 'Scarlet>Fire or an 83 Scarlet>Fire or an Estimated>Eyes or a Dark Star from any era.

I've just been delving into some GD things again over the past few days, for the first time in a little while. Listened to an '83 show that I had never heard before (first night Philly Spectrum, from spring tour. I've had the second night for years, but never heard the first 'til now), and 2/3/78 from Madison, WI- second set features a sequence of Estimated-> Eyes-> Playin'-> Wheel-> Playin' that goes on for more than 65 minutes.

I have rhe Madison show on tape. Tape. Badass. Anytime they jam The Wheel I'm on it.

If you want it on disc, let me know. Ship of Fools is cut, about two minutes off the end of it. And it's missing the encore.

Or if you want to get a digital version for yourself, I got it at archive.org.

If you want it on disc, let me know. Ship of Fools is cut, about two minutes off the end of it. And it's missing the encore.

Or if you want to get a digital version for yourself, I got it at archive.org.

Thanks for your kind offer. Everything is so easy to ger nowadays. If I dont already have it on hard drive I can probably get it on etree.

As far as official releases Dicks Picks 1 has pretty much all one needs. :)

12-19-73.

Right now, it's probably LC, especially Broken Crown and Delirium..... It's like no other band can portray how I feel inside, other than Evanescence, Lacuna Coil is probably one of the only ones...

I just read that about Beck the other day. I was looking up celeb Scientologists for curiosity reasons.

He's second gen Scientologist, not a convert. Does that count for something? Edited by goose

He's second gen Scientologist, not a convert. Does that count for something?

He wasn't given a choice?

At the very moment, Styx, just on Grand Illusion. Man, they had such awful lows after Paradise, but before that they were on top of their craft and on top of the world.
  • Like 1

Bring me the Horizon. I used to listen to them quite a bit when their third album came out and listened to their last album and took a break.

Last night I was watching videos on YouTube of Royal Albert Hall performance (which sounds amazing) and I will definitely buy the blu-ray when it comes out!

• Like 1