What's the weather like right now?

jamie

With the Dixie Fire still raging, we are now getting additional smoke and ash from the Caldor Fire, which just started east of Tahoe, near Pollock Pines. Reminds me of the smoke we got from the Yosemite fire six or seven years ago. But a bit worse. The house smells like we're roasting hot dogs over an open pit.
  • Like 1

Still 93 degrees at 9:29 pm. f**k that.

As you likely know, we're finally getting a break starting today and not supposed to see any more 90s for the foreseeable future. Hope you have central air. It made this summer more bearable.

We don't have central air but do have one of those heat pump mini split things and it works great.

As for our weather today, currently 65 and overcast. A welcome relief from the 90s and 100s and 116s we had. Arizona can keep that crap.

• Like 3

With the Dixie Fire still raging, we are now getting additional smoke and ash from the Caldor Fire, which just started east of Tahoe, near Pollock Pines. Reminds me of the smoke we got from the Yosemite fire six or seven years ago. But a bit worse. The house smells like we're roasting hot dogs over an open pit.

The Caldor fire, centered between Placerville, Plymouth and Pollock Pines, CA, is now over 30,000 acres. It took out the town of Grizzly flats, reducing the school, church and most of the homes to ash and charred rubble. Kyburz - located on Hwy 50 which leads to Lake Tahoe - has been evacuated. 60 miles away. the smoke here is thick, with the sun reduced to a faint orange glow.

The real tragedy? My Wednesday golf league has been cancelled.

Still smoky from fires out of state, even with the windows closed house still reeks of it. It's been at least two weeks since it rolled in and we have only had a brief respite where I could actually tell the mountains are still there. So over the weekend we have a fire up Parley's Canyon and more smoke is coming from it. My sister in law is on oxgyen and she was admitted to the hospital because she couldn't breathe due to all the smoke. That's pretty bad, guess we are going to go get an air purifier.

Yet today we have rain!! And it actually has left puddles in the driveway, still coming down after raining all night. Temperature is 67. It actually feels cold and turned all but one ceiling fan off...enjoying it while it lasts.

• Like 1

Still smoky from fires out of state, even with the windows closed house still reeks of it. It's been at least two weeks since it rolled in and we have only had a brief respite where I could actually tell the mountains are still there. So over the weekend we have a fire up Parley's Canyon and more smoke is coming from it. My sister in law is on oxgyen and she was admitted to the hospital because she couldn't breathe due to all the smoke. That's pretty bad, guess we are going to go get an air purifier.

Yet today we have rain!! And it actually has left puddles in the driveway, still coming down after raining all night. Temperature is 67. It actually feels cold and turned all but one ceiling fan off...enjoying it while it lasts.

We've had cooler weather as well, and it's been a nice break. Forecast is for a return of heat and smoke.

We've had cooler weather as well, and it's been a nice break. Forecast is for a return of heat and smoke.

Smoke has returned, with a vengeance.

it's 64 and sunny. But I ran out in shorts, not checking first, and it was a bit of a shock, lol. It is fall, but I guess I wasn't ready yet!
  • Like 1

Incredibly perfect. Chilly nights, clear skies with mid- to upper 70s for a high during the day. Deer, bears active in the neighborhood.. Fall in NorNev is heaven.
  • Like 1

We just had a fierce shower of sleet out of a sudden. Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1