What's the weather like right now?

jamie

This is the coldest July 1st I have ever experienced. It never got out of the 50's today and it rained, rained, rained. The heat is on and I had to wear thermal tops and bottoms outside today because of the wind.

If I may ask, where are you? Not quite that bad here but rainy, cloudy and shitty, temps in the mid-60s. Looks more and more like another lousy summer for us. 2nd year in a row if it ends up like that.

A few hundred miles east of you in northern Idaho. Even today was cold, but not as cold as yesterday. Tonight it will be in the 40's. I put the wool blanket on. Last night, I was cold. :LOL:

I grew up in Spokane so know well of what you speak. Sandpoint and BF are chillier tho.

We are only 15 miles east of where we used to live and we might as well be 1500, so different the weather is.

Interesting. Mountain influence? Higher elevation?

I posted earlier that Weds, Thurs and today would be cloud burn off by 9:00 AM. Wrong. 2:00 PM the last 2 days and supposed to be even later today. Starting tomorrow full sun all day but stinky hot Sunday and Monday (pushing triple digits). I like as high as low 90s but 100 is too much even for me. At least we don't have humidity in the 80s and 90s out west.

Heat wave! and not burning in my heart, either.. :no:

or is that neither?

Edited by librarian
  • Like 1

Only 89 right now (1:16 pm) but they say we might hit a hunnerd later. Too dam hot.

As you likely know, we did indeed make 100 yesterday. Spent about 1/2 the day in the mountains between Detroit Lake and Estacada on the motorcycle. About 80 up there and beeeeeuuuuutiful. But that stretch from Estacada back to the 'Couv between 5:00 and 6:00 was miserable though, especially the slog through Sandy.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

:sundog: and 84°, 38% humidity

All the rain in our area has been avoiding us like the plague! Time to break out the lawn sprinkler.....

87 yesterday, 92 today and full sun ALL DAMNED DAY. That is summer to me.

Time for a ride, then?

Did so yesterday. Maybe again today. Trip next week over the North Cascades. :)

• Like 2

Hot and sunny, 91°. But I need to keep an eye on things. If Isais decides to move the wrong way, things could get dicey. The City, in an abundance of caution, has cancelled our normally scheduled garbage and recyclable pick ups on Saturday. Sure hope nothing too crazy comes of this, but I may need to hunker down.

Tropical storm watch now in affect. Isiais could become a Cat 1 hurricane and clip the East coast of FL. All outdoor Covid testing sites have been closed. Talk about a 1-2 punch.

Tropical storm watch now in affect. Isiais could become a Cat 1 hurricane and clip the East coast of FL. All outdoor Covid testing sites have been closed. Talk about a 1-2 punch.

Stay safe. my man!

• Like 2

96 today but I drove by a bank and their sign said 104 :eh: Supposed to be in triple digits by the weekend :o But it's a dry heat :LOL:

Stay safe. my man!

Ditto

• Like 1

Stay safe. my man!

Ditto

Hurricane watch issued for Broward County at 5 pm. Started closing up the house and securing things will continue tomorrow. Rocky and I getting hunkered down.
  • Like 2