What's the weather like right now?

jamie

It's unusually hot and humid in SW Ontario yesterday and today. It was still 72 degrees this morning when I got up and went outside with my coffee. The high humidity makes it feel closer to 80 degrees. Not normal for where we live. End of September and I still have the central air on - :blink:

I love Fall, but since it precedes Winter, it's not my favourite season.

Agreed. Today is "autumn crisp" with sun, so- the nicest of both Fall days. Warmth of sun and the feeling of cold air/breeze.

• Like 1

Nice day! 72 degrees F, 52% humidity, winds 15 mph out of the WSW. Possible rain later on...That was a SUPER picture of FALL, Lorraine!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 2

Nice day! 72 degrees F, 52% humidity, winds 15 mph out of the WSW. Possible rain later on...That was a SUPER picture of FALL, Lorraine!

NAGAdFC.gif

I am glad you liked it, ORFie! I miss the east coast Autumns. They aren't as colorful out here.

We will have our first frost Sunday night. So the weathermen say.

:hi: :hi: :hi:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

NAGAdFC.gif

I am glad you liked it, ORFie! I miss the east coast Autumns. They aren't as colorful out here.

We will have our first frost Sunday night. So the weathermen say.

:hi: :hi: :hi:

Yeah, ours isn't too far off.... Michigan is KNOWN for our colorful treescapes...

8w9D60R.gif

• Like 1

It might snow here 1" to 2" Saturday night.

Unusually cool weather for September.

We are just the opposite. A high weather front is stuck over Pennsylvania and we have had sunny days for 2 weeks, with another week predicted. In a way it is great, but it has been 85 most days and it is weird with it getting dark so early. The weatherman said today we are about 10 to 15 degrees above the usual temperature for end of September.

• Like 1

We are just the opposite. A high weather front is stuck over Pennsylvania and we have had sunny days for 2 weeks, with another week predicted. In a way it is great, but it has been 85 most days and it is weird with it getting dark so early. The weatherman said today we are about 10 to 15 degrees above the usual temperature for end of September.

Isn't that odd? Our September has got to be the coldest one I remember since I came here in 1991. Tonight it's going to be 36. Saturday night it's supposed to be in the upper 20's.

It's not that I mind it, but I'm not prepared for it yet. Had to put the flannel sheets on yesterday and today I took the fan and put it in hibernation until the Spring. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Isn't that odd? Our September has got to be the coldest one I remember since I came here in 1991. Tonight it's going to be 36. Saturday night it's supposed to be in the upper 20's.

It's not that I mind it, but I'm not prepared for it yet. Had to put the flannel sheets on yesterday and today I took the fan and put it in hibernation until the Spring. :)

We fired up the furnace.
  • Like 2

It's snowing. :eh:

Spokane made our weather news! they talked about you guys getting snow, and Montana getting a lot of snow. Meanwhile, it is supposed to be 90 degrees here on Wednesday . . .it's very weird!

• Like 2

We fired up the furnace.

Due to the northeast wind, our furnace has been coming on a lot, and I had a hard time tracking down kerosene for our other heater. Usually don't start selling it until October.

• Like 1

Spokane made our weather news! they talked about you guys getting snow, and Montana getting a lot of snow. Meanwhile, it is supposed to be 90 degrees here on Wednesday . . .it's very weird!

It should've made the news. Since I've been out here (28 years), this is the earliest I can remember it being like this.

Yesterday, I saw cars covered with at least six inches of snow. Our high was 38.

Right now, I have two pairs of thermal bottoms and tops on along with my warm winter boots, wool socks and a turtleneck and fleece jacket.

It's cold!!!!!!

I looked at a map yesterday and I saw that the most of the county was having some type of heat wave. Don't know what brought in our early cold snap. Caught the poor birds off guard too.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

It should've made the news. Since I've been out here (28 years), this is the earliest I can remember it being like this.

Yesterday, I saw cars covered with at least six inches of snow. Our high was 38.

Right now, I have two pairs of thermal bottoms and tops on along with my warm winter boots, wool socks and a turtleneck and fleece jacket.

It's cold!!!!!!

I looked at a map yesterday and I saw that the most of the county was having some type of heat wave. Don't know what brought in our early cold snap. Caught the poor birds off guard too.

:o :o Stay warm!

• Like 1

I wish we could send some of our heat your way! It was like 92 with a hot, dry wind today. Altogether unpleasant for the end of September. Maybe it'll be seasonal by the end of the week, they say.

Keep the heat! :) I'm not complaining about the cold and snow, it's just a bit soon and caught us unprepared.

• Like 1

I hope you don't lose power, too! Miserable, that.

Here, it's low 40s, cloudy, breezy. Multiple chances for rain/traces of snow this week -- not a good trick or treating Hallowe'en round here this year.

• Like 1

I hope you don't lose power, too! Miserable, that.

Here, it's low 40s, cloudy, breezy. Multiple chances for rain/traces of snow this week -- not a good trick or treating Hallowe'en round here this year.

Ever since our ice storm in 1996, we lose power often. I don't mind it so much in the milder weather, but 15 degrees and high winds is cold, and having heat would be nice.