2016 In Music

Say, are you worried that Rock is dead? How about music in general? Are you having trouble finding new music that you like? Well I figure this would be a good place to post new music for 2016. It could help people find new music if they don't have the time to look much, and could help introduce people to newer bands. Post singles, album releases/announcements, write reviews for new albums. I've found many albums I enjoy this year, but I'm sure there are quite a few I've overlooked too.
  • Like 2

So far my Album of the Year is Blackstar by David Bowie. It's the first new album I heard this year and so far nothing has overtaken it. It's the perfect farewell from one of my favorite artists. If you haven't heard it but you like experimental jazzy albums, you should definitely consider it. Even if you don't like David Bowie's music (unless you dislike his voice, then continue to keep away), you should try this album because it's so different from most of his other releases.
  • Like 6

Just gonna make a general statement about this year.

This has been a pretty strong year for me with music. It started out with a bit of a flop with the new Dream Theater but the new Megadeth and Anthrax albums more than make up for it. I discovered a couple bands thanks to this forum, Haken and Oceans Of Slumber (thanks Segue) who both released excellent albums this year. The new Lacuna Coil is really good as well.

For a metal head like me, this year has been going great so far.

• Like 3

So far my Album of the Year is Blackstar by David Bowie. It's the first new album I heard this year and so far nothing has overtaken it. It's the perfect farewell from one of my favorite artists. If you haven't heard it but you like experimental jazzy albums, you should definitely consider it. Even if you don't like David Bowie's music (unless you dislike his voice, then continue to keep away), you should try this album because it's so different from most of his other releases.

Blackstar is incredible...album of the year without a doubt.

• Like 1

Blackstar is incredible...album of the year without a doubt.

It's an all-time great. I think it's Bowie's greatest achievement.

• Like 3

It's an album for this very decade, but it has everything to do with all his previous albums. So many parts of Bowie's carreer inside a record without collecting or revisiting anything. Really lovely and close to perfection. :clap:

• Like 1

Oceans Of Slumber, Lacuna Coil and Tremonti are the best albums so far this year...

It's actually a really quiet year for me but I am enjoying reading more than music for the first time in years!

I'd say my album of the year so far is Tedeschi Trucks Band- Let Me Get By

http://cdn.nlblue-abdaloglu.savviihq.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/tedeschi-trucks-band-let-me-get-by-cover.jpg

• Like 2

Oh! And also The Temperance Movements White Bear album is amazing!
  • Like 1

KALEO!!!

Blackstar!

Radiohead!

Weezer!

Probs the new Mumford & Sons EP!

And certainly much more.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

So far my favorites for 2016 have been Steven Wilson 4 1/2 and Haken Affinity
  • Like 2

Quite a few new releases have spent a fair bit of time in my CD player this year. Favourites so far:

Haken - Affinity

Katatonia - The Fall of Hearts

Iamthemorning - Lighthouse

Steven Wilson 4 1/2

Frost*'s Falling Satellites will probably make the list when I've had time to listen to it properly and I'm eagerly awaiting The Pineapple Thief's new album in August - the single release from it is wonderful and the whole album features Gavin Harrison on drums.

• Like 2

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91lNe9p08lL._SX466_.jpg

I really like this album! However, I am not as obsessed with it as I was the debut.

July 8th New kenny Chesney -- Some town , somewhere. http://a3.aastatic.com/assets/img/editorial/100xH/ke/KennyChesney.jpg

Keith Urban -- Ripcord (Out now)http://i04.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/keith-urban-ripcord-cd-with-13-songs-d-20160421115102633~491232_alt2.jpg

Edited by Chicken hawk

So far I think '16 has been dynamite -

The Struts - Everybody Wants

Band of Skulls - By Default

The Virginmarys - Divide

Skunk Anansie - Anarchytecture

Tax the Heat - Fed to the Lions

But top dog is Ming City R*ckers - Lemon

Honourable mentions for the new Joe B, Cheap Trick and No Sinner. That's only the best of the year and there are other canny releases. Still to arrive the new Rival Sons - Hollow Bones.

Not even mentioned Battle Cry by Priest (excellent) or the soon to be release Clean Your Clocks - Motorheed (sic).

• Like 1