What was WEIRD that happened to you today?

OldRUSHfan

Last night, I smelled that 'rain' smell, and it surprised me, because there was no wind, no lightning/thunder, so I brought my weather app on my phone, went to the map of radar, and JUST MY TOWN was covered by a red dot surrounded by a thin green surround area....first time I've EVER seen THAT on a radar screen!!! My app has the GPS so it was accurate http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Scary%20stuff-Scared/wow.gif
  • Like 3

Last night, I smelled that 'rain' smell, and it surprised me, because there was no wind, no lightning/thunder, so I brought my weather app on my phone, went to the map of radar, and JUST MY TOWN was covered by a red dot surrounded by a thin green surround area....first time I've EVER seen THAT on a radar screen!!! My app has the GPS so it was accurate http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Scary%20stuff-Scared/wow.gif

rod.jpg
  • Like 4

rod.jpg

I was a little girl when his Twilight Zone used to be on television. Those shows used to terrify me. :LOL:

• Like 3

My post count went down from 150 something to 32.

That's because of the way they're calculated.

It's possible that you made a lot of posts in a very short timespan, and when that 24-hour park passed they just got removed from the counter all at once, leaving you with a dramatically smaller daily post count. :LOL:

My post count went down from 150 something to 32.

That's because of the way they're calculated.

It's possible that you made a lot of posts in a very short timespan, and when that 24-hour park passed they just got removed from the counter all at once, leaving you with a dramatically smaller daily post count. :LOL:

Oh. I did not know that. Thanks!

We got a "reverse 911" call last night from the police that a woman was missing, last seen on our block. It was kind of creepy. I know, stuff can happen anywhere, but we are a boring area and the last time the police came was like 11 years ago when a lady broke her hip! They found the woman this morning on the other side of town; I'm guessing a friend picked her up or something. I'm just glad she was OK !
  • Like 3

We got a "reverse 911" call last night from the police that a woman was missing, last seen on our block. It was kind of creepy. I know, stuff can happen anywhere, but we are a boring area and the last time the police came was like 11 years ago when a lady broke her hip! They found the woman this morning on the other side of town; I'm guessing a friend picked her up or something. I'm just glad she was OK !

I need to live in your area. :LOL:

• Like 2

Yeah, me too. I'd give anything to live in a place I could feel reasonably safe.

• Like 2

Yeah, me too. I'd give anything to live in a place I could feel reasonably safe.

I

It's not really bad here but eleven years and no cops. Must be nice.

• Like 2

I

Well, it's bad here. Didn't used to be, but it has become so the past two years.

• Like 2

I

Well, it's bad here. Didn't used to be, but it has become so the past two years.

Just keep those big rocks handy that we talked about when your husband is not around. And a cast iron skillet. :smash:

• Like 2

You both are welcome to come on down!! As long as you don't mind people treating Thanksgiving Monday as a national holiday (first day of deer season) we could have a great time here!

You both are welcome to come on down!! As long as you don't mind people treating Thanksgiving Monday as a national holiday (first day of deer season) we could have a great time here!

Not sure what you mean.

Edited by troutman

Not sure what you mean.

The Monday following Thanksgiving is always the first day of deer hunting season in Pennsylvania. A lot of schools and businesses have the day off . A lot of people have family traditions around it, or a family hunting cabin/shack, so it's cool in a lot of ways, even if you don't hunt. People from other places sometimes don't get the big deal. Or the other way around, some of my friends moved to other states and they were like, "What do you mean, I have to work Thanksgiving Monday?" :D :D

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean.

The Monday following Thanksgiving is always the first day of deer hunting season in Pennsylvania. A lot of schools and businesses have the day off . A lot of people have family traditions around it, or a family hunting cabin/shack, so it's cool in a lot of ways, even if you don't hunt. People from other places sometimes don't get the big deal. Or the other way around, some of my friends moved to other states and they were like, "What do you mean, I have to work Thanksgiving Monday?" :D :D

I see. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean.

I see. Thanks. :)

Yeah, lots of deer baloney always around at parties!

• Like 1

rod.jpg

I was a little girl when his Twilight Zone used to be on television. Those shows used to terrify me. :LOL:

The New Exhibit episode gave me nightmares for ages when I was a child. That's the one with the waxwork statues of famous killers.

It was only recently that I watched it again after all this time. It's still very creepy. :scared:

http://twilightzonemuseum.com/show/images/4newexhibit.jpg

Couldn't remember the name of a buddy's little 1 year old (my buddy, his wife, and baby will be coming over for dinner a couple of weeks from now). I had a nap and IN THE DREAM I asked my wife what the baby's name is. She had the correct answer! I woke up with the baby's name and wrote it down before I forgot.

I'd tell my wife about this but she'd probably let it go to her head and want me to thank her! :LOL:

• Like 1

Weirdest thing happened to me was today when my phone rang and I didn't recognise the number, so I googled it and got this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-my-own-phone-number-calling-me

Turned out it tried to make out it was my own number calling me. Weird thing is... the number that rang wasn't even mine. It even went to vm and there wasn't even a message.

:blink: :wacko:

• Like 1

rod.jpg

Me as well! I just watched the whole series summer of '14....I need to find out if Netflix did 'The Outer Limits' one also.....