Hallelujah! Chris Berman to retire after 2016 NFL season!

HE!

COULD!

GO!

ALL!

THE!

WAY!

OUT!

THE!

DOOR!

At some point there will be a Kobe-esque much too long goodbye show filled with a week's worth of Berman tributes. :smash:

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

http://www.sportingn...v21b1s69begmw12

Is there anyone left who still likes his schtick?

God, anything to get rid of that terrible haircut!

I often wondered is there no producer or make-up person whispering in his ear "that comb over is terrible".

ESPN will be unwatchable for the next 2 weeks.

They are so in love with (Because they are overpaying) for the NBA contract, it is pretty much

ALL NBA all the time on every show.

They got the finals they wanted but ad revenue is lower than expected.

So for months they have instructed staff to overly promote on all shows....

It's amusing how 2 days after the finals they are going tact like baseball is the best thing ever while giving it short shrift now. Plus, they cover the spelling bee like its a sport.

They are so in love with (Because they are overpaying) for the NBA contract, it is pretty much

It's amusing how 2 days after the finals they are going tact like baseball is the best thing ever while giving it short shrift now. Plus, they cover the spelling bee like its a sport.

I wish they'd report on baseball. Half the talk is about NBA free agency. God forbid that Dwight Howard is on the market....

Four words. World Series of Poker. Sport or not (not), I'm still watching. :pokercards: :cool:

What should they cover instead? The Warriors vs. Thunder series was amazing. The finals match-up with the CAVs should be TV gold...an epic rematch with plenty of storylines.

They have convinced you it will be TV gold.

What if someone sweeps it or it's 5 games?? Is it still gold???

This the same network that told us for 2 weeks the Miami/ Cleveland series would be epic??

Yet, Miami had not advanced yet...OOPS ...selling

With every show, promoting it, you just proved my point, when Sports Programming Network is in your title, you can cover Football, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Racing, etc.....That's what the network USED to do during Sportscenter

The NBA contract is a disaster financially, ESPN tries to make up for it by showing the same 6 teams over and over.

They overpaid for it, and now employees and viewers are paying the price.

Also if the NBA finals does go 7 games, they spread it out over 19 days

That's the longest 7 game series scheduled in any sport ever....promotion

:no:

I did many years ago. I don't even watch ESPN any more. Too political at times.

This. I don't care for NFL, because it got ruined a long time ago with commercials. The TV is the worst thing to ever happen to sports.

TV is the best thing that has happened to sports. I only care about and watch football. Without the Sunday Ticket from Directv, I would never get to see my team play.

Stadiums still fill up even when the game are on locally.

• Like 1

What should they cover instead? The Warriors vs. Thunder series was amazing. The finals match-up with the CAVs should be TV gold...an epic rematch with plenty of storylines.

They have convinced you it will be TV gold.

What if someone sweeps it or it's 5 games?? Is it still gold???

This the same network that told us for 2 weeks the Miami/ Cleveland series would be epic??

Yet, Miami had not advanced yet...OOPS ...selling

With every show, promoting it, you just proved my point, when Sports Programming Network is in your title, you can cover Football, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Racing, etc.....That's what the network USED to do during Sportscenter

The NBA contract is a disaster financially, ESPN tries to make up for it by showing the same 6 teams over and over.

They overpaid for it, and now employees and viewers are paying the price.

Also if the NBA finals does go 7 games, they spread it out over 19 days

That's the longest 7 game series scheduled in any sport ever....promotion

b576fae17660a0cc26d438cd37cff5c7.jpg

I really couldn't care less about the business side of it. I'm a fan of NBA basketball, and I'm looking to be entertained. Boxes checked. If it's a sweep (or 5) it's still a great story of CLE finally winning a modern day title or GSW in the discussion of all time greatness.

• Like 1

Oh, people still watch ESPN? They became obsolete to me once it was possible to get sports news/scores sent directly to my phone.

Makes me wonder why people hate something they no longer have need for. Move on, grumps.

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

:no:

I did many years ago. I don't even watch ESPN any more. Too political at times.

This. I don't care for NFL, because it got ruined a long time ago with commercials. The TV is the worst thing to ever happen to sports.

TV is the best thing that has happened to sports. I only care about and watch football. Without the Sunday Ticket from Directv, I would never get to see my team play.

Stadiums still fill up even when the game are on locally.

Stadiums still fill up with douchebags, thanks to HDTV and 50 inch screens I don't have to deal with the douchebaggary.

Business Insider with the numbers of viewers ESPN are losing

If ESPN is smart they will launch a PPV app similar to what WWE/ UFC did, if not they will get left behind.

The current App is atrocious

http://www.businessinsider.com/espn-bleeding-subscribers-2016-5

Game 7 Sunday night. Hype has been met with a great series. The ratings will be huuuuuuuge. After that, all the NBA haters feel free to tune in to wall to wall draft coverage on ESPN! :nya nya: A draft without Berman, so ya gotta at least appreciate that.

Over/ Under on number of times Berman says 'back' in the Home Run Derby tonight??