Math Rock

I've heard of math rock but never really listened to much of it. This all seems very different from each other.

I've heard of math rock but never really listened to much of it. This all seems very different from each other.

Yeah, it is, but I can see why it fits in the same genre as well

Math rock? Post-rock? Prog-rock? :huh:

I love Battles. Are they Math rock or Post rock?

I love Tortoise. Are they Math rock or Post rock?

I'm not too sure about the distinction between post rock and math rock either, math rock is what I've heard them being called the most so I just stick with that :)

This is real?

Seeing as vegetarian progressive grindcore is a thing it's not so surprising :LOL:

Really? That's just silly.

Yeah, it's crazy, I think it's basically just progressive grindcore but their songs are about animal cruelty :huh: .

I also find it hilarious :LOL:

Edited by LittleRushmonkey

Yeah, the three groups all have a very different sound from each other. Interesting though! The first two songs from CHON (all I had time to listen to of them) are melodic enough that they sound like jazz fusion to me, which I always kind of liked but a lot of people think is a dirty word.

• Like 1

Never heard these before. It's great to learn about new bands. Thanks for the videos.

I love how the sound is structured in all of them (7/8, 11/8 and so on...)

Very beautiful instrumentalrythms too.

Yeah, the three groups all have a very different sound from each other. Interesting though! The first two songs from CHON (all I had time to listen to of them) are melodic enough that they sound like jazz fusion to me, which I always kind of liked but a lot of people think is a dirty word.

I thought jazz fusion as well.

• Like 1