I'm in the process of moving

ILSnwdog

And it sucks!!!! :rage: keeping the house nice when its on the market, jumping through hoops for the inspections and appraisers, and then packing. I'm tired and sore...and we haven't even moved yet. :(

Everything should be better by Friday, when we have everything in the new house. :banana:

• Like 4

I hope everything goes well with your move! I think trying to coordinate the move and changing hands between one house you are selling and another that you are buying is one of the biggest pains ever. When we did it I put in a change of address to some monthly magazine and the mailman thought it was a total address change even though we didn't close for weeks. I kept having to go to the very nice people in our new house and pick up random mail !! Glad you found a new place that is great for you!
  • Like 1

And it sucks!!!! :rage: keeping the house nice when its on the market, jumping through hoops for the inspections and appraisers, and then packing. I'm tired and sore...and we haven't even moved yet. :(

Everything should be better by Friday, when we have everything in the new house. :banana:

Are you moving into a place similar to the property Lorraine has recently bought?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/22/11/347CD93700000578-0-image-a-32_1463911285992.jpg

• Like 2

I dread the day when the Mrs and I downsize due to being empty nesters. She has antique furniture that's been passed down in her family that are 'non negotiable' keepers. Enough to fill a large bedroom. I consider it 'old wood stuff that's in the way' and don't share her enthusiasm. Some of it is actually quite homely IMO. I think negotiating world peace with Putin would be easier than negotiating with my wife over her 'precious'. Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 1

Yeesh. Best of luck, Jim.

How far away are you headed?

Just 1.9 miles from my current house. The kids are staying into the same school and everything.

• Like 4

I hope everything goes well with your move! I think trying to coordinate the move and changing hands between one house you are selling and another that you are buying is one of the biggest pains ever. When we did it I put in a change of address to some monthly magazine and the mailman thought it was a total address change even though we didn't close for weeks. I kept having to go to the very nice people in our new house and pick up random mail !! Glad you found a new place that is great for you!

So far so good. My wife has been awesome at staying on top of everything.
  • Like 1

Then after we settle in, we are gutting the kitchen. I ordered the cabinets on Saturday. It's going to look so awesome when it is done.
  • Like 3

Wishing you and your family the best and happiest years to come in your new home, Jim!

Thanks Lorraine! I can't wait to share some photos of the new Snowdog estate. :)
  • Like 1

Wishing you and your family the best and happiest years to come in your new home, Jim!

Thanks Lorraine! I can't wait to share some photos of the new Snowdog estate. :)

That's funny - The Snowdog Estate. :LOL:

You ought to get a sign with that on it and hang it where everyone can see it.

That's funny - The Snowdog Estate. :LOL:

You ought to get a sign with that on it and hang it where everyone can see it.

Chateau Chien d'Neige
  • Like 2

All the best Snowdog

Gutting the kitchen will be fun - that's the part I love about moving into a new place

Just keep the basement doors and windows open in your old place while they take that radon measurement

• Like 3