"Preacher" on AMC...

OldRUSHfan

Yet ANOTHER Graphic Novel Series hits the Airwaves! The Pilot was last night on AMC, and it looks DELICIOUSLY WICKED! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Devils%20and%20Demons/evilgrinbig.gif

Dominic Cooper in the lead role, Ruth Negga in Female lead, Joe Gilgun, W. Earl Brown and Tom Brooke are others in main roles. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaParty.gif

I watched the pilot.

Pretty good I must say.

Not a fan of any comic books, but will give this one a go.

AMC rarely screws new shows up......unless it's a Walking Dead spinoff

• Like 1

I know. They had a chance to do something completely different than Walking Dead and what do they do? The same kind of situations and scenarios just with a different cast and setting :facepalm:

Preacher looks cool. I will wait to see if AMC keeps it around before I watch it though. It's not worth getting invested in a new show if it's not gonna stick around for a bit.

• Like 1

I know. They had a chance to do something completely different than Walking Dead and what do they do? The same kind of situations and scenarios just with a different cast and setting :facepalm:

Preacher looks cool. I will wait to see if AMC keeps it around before I watch it though. It's not worth getting invested in a new show if it's not gonna stick around for a bit.

Anyone else notice how Fear the Walking Dead is following the exact same scripting of TWD??

TWD- Season 2- End up on a farm in Rural Georgia

FTWD - Season 2-End up on a farm in Rural Mexico

Anyone else notice how Fear the Walking Dead is following the exact same scripting of TWD??

TWD- Season 2- End up on a farm in Rural Georgia

FTWD - Season 2-End up on a farm in Rural Mexico

Not to mention both farms kept walkers in the barn because they thought they could "bring them back" or that they "weren't really dead."

I'm glad I followed my instinct to avoid FTWD at all costs.....this is the worst kind of capitalization scheme that they ALL try to pull off. And while CBS pulled it off with the CSI universe, AMC did NOT with FTWD...NCIS seems to have done a good job with their Universe as well.... :banana:
  • Like 1

The first graphic novel I learned about, was "V for Vendetta". I bought it and read it all the way through. I can't watch the movie now without adding stuff from the GN. On the other hand it makes me appreciate the work it took to make the movie as conceptually correct as it was. :banana:

4 Episodes into Preacher and I have no idea what's going on.

Strange show, I'll keep with it

• Like 1

This show gets a little into STAR TREK universe or Alien/Predator area as The Preacher is possessed by an Alien 'presence'....apparently Preacher's body can withstand the awesome forces the 'entity' contains...notice how all the other 'people' it 'tried on' exploded before the Preacher. This is gonna be GREAT!!! :banana:
  • Like 1

9 shows in, 1 left, and still not sure what's happening.

I've given up trying to dissect it. I think comic book fans will love it...I'm on the fence for Season 2

Lots unexplained ...IMO